Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe people are suggesting Fat Sam.

So who would you suggest?

People that aren't Fat Sam.

Oh, like Houllier who will take us places like the championship?

I thought this thread was about the next Villa manager? I came in to say I really don't like the idea of Fat Sam and you keep on bringing up Houllier.

I thought this thread was about the next Villa manager? I came in to say I really don't like the idea of Fat Sam and you keep on bringing up Houllier.

Cos going from our current manager to Fat Sam isn't that much of a downhill slope. So I asked who would you suggest and then you got all funny about it. So does that mean you would take Curbs over him? OK then.

In the short-term: Kevin Mac.

I don't see any half decent established manager risking his reputation on a side who could go down.

Then:

If we stay up

Hughes or Jol

If we go down

Lambert

No no no to Fat Sam. I'd rather let the General take charge.

The problem is we're at the stage where beggers can't be choosers. I think the best manager who would come RIGHT NOW would be Fat Sam. I don't think Jol etc. would want to come to us at this stage unless we survive at the end of the season. That's a big IF though.

to be honest - looking at our fixtures - I am not sure an incoming manager could save us - that doesn't mean I want the garlic eating,retard to stay another minute - but I think its a straight choice between houllier and KMAC ......roll the dice and hope for the best !

Cos going from our current manager to Fat Sam isn't that much of a downhill slope. So I asked who would you suggest and then you got all funny about it. So does that mean you would take Curbs over him? OK then.

Yeah I would take Curbs over Fat Sam. I wasn't being funny at all.

Moyes is the one I want, he was the one I wanted last season. So long as we stay in the division we are equally as attractive a proposition as last year, and the manager would come in knowing that things couldn't get much worse.

But I don't think we'll get him.

Lambert looks a bright prospect, and we'd be in a decent position to get the likes of Coyle, Hughes and Jol come the summer.

Overall the managers market isn't looking too bad, but unfortunately I think the most likely person to be in charge next season is Houllier.

Nor can I.

Do people really want that brand of football? Its unsustainable, its never going to get us challenging for Europe ( long term aims of Randy lerner ), we will be stuck in mid table mediocrity.

We need someone like Jol in, whether he is appointed now or kevin mac takes over for the rest of the season. GH needs to leave, our squad has a few egos in it and GH cant deal with them and the crisis were in at the same time. He is inept and needs to leave.

The club shall always be bigger than GH and the players. Lerner has invested to much ( cannot believed his sanctioned so many of oneills deals - ill put that down to being naive ) for him to let GH drag us down.

but unfortunately I think the most likely person to be in charge next season is Houllier.

Which says more about Randy than Houllier

For me I have criticised Randy a lot but I think he will take the decision sooner or later, he has tot o protect his investment