Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coyle is the obvious choice with what he has done at Bolton.

Moyles

McCleish

or my outside shot Holloway. I know he pissed off our fans but I believe he would have the mentality to deal with the ego driven players. He also gets his players to play decent footie.

Nothing against and one from abroad but I want some British grit back at the club.

But would any of them come now ?

Probably not until the end of the season. I think we are stuck with GH unless something happens by Monday.

The main problem is will we be a PL team come the summer?

Who do you want ? and do you want a short term appointment to the end of the season

Are you as drunk as I am now? Who the **** are we going to get in before the end of the season, other than Mr Majeika (if any of you remember that word removed), that will rectify our current malaise?

Moyles

McCleish

or my outside shot Holloway. I know he pissed off our fans but I believe he would have the mentality to deal with the ego driven players. He also gets his players to play decent footie.

Nothing against and one from abroad but I want some British grit back at the club.

Probably not until the end of the season. I think we are stuck with GH unless something happens by Monday.

thats why I think Randy will act. and KMAC will be put in charge. We can still land Moyes/Coyle in the summer - but only as a prem club - with results the way they are Randy is going to have to sack GH in the next few weeks anyway

Moyles

McCleish

thats why I think Randy will act. and KMAC will be put in charge. We can still land Moyes/Coyle in the summer - but only as a prem club - with results the way they are Randy is going to have to sack GH in the next few weeks anyway

Why do I keep seeing posts like this? What evidence have you gathered that Lerner will sack him? He doesn't listen to us. If he had listened to us it would have been way back at the Sunderland game. He has no bottle to make a move like this. He would rather play it the easy way.

Moyles

McCleish

Why do I keep seeing posts like this? What evidence have you gathered that Lerner will sack him? He doesn't listen to us. If he had listened to us it would have been way back at the Sunderland game. He has no bottle to make a move like this. He would rather play it the easy way.

because we can only hope

im sure houllier wont go yet but hopefully in the summer. would love to see a british manager back at villa. watching mcarthys interview its good to see a manager saying it straight instead of some french man mumbiling his way through.

click

Fulham want to open contract talks with manager Mark Hughes – amid concerns he could become a target for Aston Villa.

Villa boss Gerard Houllier is under severe pressure after a disastrous 1-0 home defeat by Wolves left them just a point above the relegation zone.

Hughes is known to have admirers in the Villa boardroom, although owner Randy Lerner is still loyal to Houllier.

im sure houllier wont go yet but hopefully in the summer. would love to see a british manager back at villa. watching mcarthys interview its good to see a manager saying it straight instead of some french man mumbiling his way through.
Who really cares about nationality? I think it's ridiculous that there are all these points you could criticise Houllier on but instead go for his nationality.

if you think about it, randy HAS shown he will make the decisions to stay in the league, he bought darren bent didnt he?

so why wouldnt he get rid of GH if he truelly felt he would take us down?

he has been shat on by one manager, i dont think he would want to be shat on by another.

I would like Coyle but at the same time I would like someone with an eye for talent and somebody more proven if we want to kick on. Martin Jol wouldn't be a bad shout but Spurs have gotten all those players in through Frank Arnesen and Damien Comoli. Just think as badly as we need a new manager, we need a world class eye for talent. 3-4 years ago I think we could have brought in Modric, Walker, Bale, Berbatov and etc.

I would love Coyle and a world class scout or whatever their titles are.

Who really cares about nationality? I think it's ridiculous that there are all these points you could criticise Houllier on but instead go for his nationality.

just mean i want someone who speaks with heart.thats all

just mean i want someone who speaks with heart.thats all

Fair enough, but I think you'll find there are plenty of managers who speak with heart who aren't British.

Does it really matter whether a manager is British or not? I couldn't care less as long as they got us points and had a proper plan for the future.. it's not like every single player in the PL is British anyway.

click

Fulham want to open contract talks with manager Mark Hughes – amid concerns he could become a target for Aston Villa.

Villa boss Gerard Houllier is under severe pressure after a disastrous 1-0 home defeat by Wolves left them just a point above the relegation zone.

Hughes is known to have admirers in the Villa boardroom, although owner Randy Lerner is still loyal to Houllier.

No to Hughes, not done much since Blackburn