Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest villantoby
The general was in the lower holte today and the infront of me asked if we are getting a new manager and he said yes. He seemed very open about it.

Is this genuine or just stiring?

Rafa Benitez is @ 1/6 at skybet. That's uncomfortably short

The general was in the lower holte today and the infront of me asked if we are getting a new manager and he said yes. He seemed very open about it.

I would imagine if thats true we can expect a statement pretty much imminently then?

I doubt this myself

Is this genuine or just stiring?

Rafa Benitez is @ 1/6 at skybet. That's uncomfortably short

Villa will announce this coming week the departure of hou following in with benitez to replace him, after all thats what happened at the pool, houllier would be familiar with the transition and may have even suggested it?

David Wilson, one of our scouts, were on swedish TV this weekend, talking a little about Villa. He said that if GH gets the go ahead by the doctor he'll remain our manager. Don't know how much he knows about those things, but I guess he knows a lot as his own job might depend on if GH stays or not.

wilkins has shown himself to be a good first team coach and assistant manager, he is well respected across thw hole of europe and speak several languages.

the same can be said for ancellotti only as a manager rather than assistant.

both know the premier league, both are familiar with winning.

while i would want hiddink, he is obviously chelsea bound.

unless man city want ancelotti we should go out for them

The Scot also reaffirmed his statement that Houllier will return to the dugout this summer, and was in good spirits following the victory.

"Absolutely, it goes without saying. I've said it 100 times, Gerard's declared himself fit and that's the way it is," he added.

"I've just spoken to him and he's delighted with the result and he's just wished the players all the best for the summer."

Full story;

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6945755,00.html

The Scot also reaffirmed his statement that Houllier will return to the dugout this summer, and was in good spirits following the victory.

"Absolutely, it goes without saying. I've said it 100 times, Gerard's declared himself fit and that's the way it is," he added.

"I've just spoken to him and he's delighted with the result and he's just wished the players all the best for the summer."

Full story;

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6945755,00.html

the only question reminas is "has the board and randy made a decision on his decision, until the club back him we dont know do we"

You're either on a wind-up or the General must have misheard the question. I sincerely doubt that he'd spill the beans before any official statement is out, and "The Scot" apparently saying GH will be the manager for next season.

Im all up for giving houllier more time. We ended up finishing ninth ffs, only three places below martin 'the messiah' oneills best finish.

Get a grip people

I think 75 percent of us agree with u but nothing can change the fact that 9 months down the line we could be in a right pickle because his health could deteriate again.

If GH can't continue. Gary McAllister anyone?

For some reason I cannot fathom fans on here seem to despise him and blame him for all this seasons ills. The guys done a good job in GH's absence and unlike GH seems to speak with reverence and respect for our great club "an honour to be the custodian of the club" being one of his quotes. I just don't get why people are so anti.

Am I alone in being impressed with how he has conducted himself since Gh was hospilalised?

Anyway i'm gong to say it. Well done Gary and thanks.

If GH can't continue. Gary McAllister anyone?

For some reason I cannot fathom fans on here seem to despise him and blame him for all this seasons ills. The guys done a good job in GH's absence and unlike GH seems to speak with reverence and respect for our great club "an honour to be the custodian of the club" being one of his quotes. I just don't get why people are so anti.

Am I alone in being impressed with how he has conducted himself since Gh was hospilalised?

Anyway i'm gong to say it. Well done Gary and thanks.

Good results no doubt, but im sorry he just does not have the reputation or respect to sign top quality players and command respect in the dresing room. hes a good assistant but not a manager!

The general was in the lower holte today and the guy infront of me asked if we are getting a new manager and he said yes. He seemed very open about it.

You're either on a wind-up or the General must have misheard the question. I sincerely doubt that he'd spill the beans before any official statement is out, and "The Scot" apparently saying GH will be the manager for next season.

I've got no reason for lie, I asked the bloke infront of me around 15 seconds after speaking to him if that was the general? And what did he say. I'm pro houllier and I'd like to see him given a chance.