Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Is it worth the gamble?

Its not like the bloke has delivered sensational football and a good season why take the risk? I think there are many other fit healthy managers out there who are available which could do a better job than he has

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been posted on the few previous pages but kendrick seems to think lerner is expected to "rubber stamp" houlliers avfc return next week. Not sure how reliable or where hes getting this from. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing but aslong as we get a full pre season in with the right areas improved i cant say ill be too bothered.

What in the past has shown that Randy is that stupid? He has done some stupid things in his time here (giving MON too much power) but nothing that blatantly obviously stupid and jeopardise the football club and i dont think he will do here.

The only big decisions he's had to make since taking over (prior to this) are:

1) The distribution of his resources to the manager

2) The appointment of MON's successor.

He's arguably got both of them wrong, although it's difficult to blame him for MON's poor signings.

Not everyone would agree with point 2..

Ok Houllier has had health problems but so too have other managers yet they continue to work in the game..

Many fans would see the appointment of Houllier as the right man to take the club forward...And many fans are still hoping he will return to the job.

Sadly, Villa as a club and Birmingham are not as appealing as we would all like it to be, therefore we lack the capacity to sign the best players. However, what i think GH is good for is the ability to spot and sign up some good talent, which are helpfully young as well.

If his health isn't good enough, which I have a feeling it isn't, then I think we should keep him on as Director of Football. Or if his health is good enough we need a fantastic and respect demanding first team coach and assistant manager that will perform in the day to day department. If you think about it, all the clubs above us have good assistant managers - Man City, Brian Kidd - Everton, Steve Round and Tottenham, Kev Bond.

Not sure if this has been posted on the few previous pages but kendrick seems to think lerner is expected to "rubber stamp" houlliers avfc return next week. Not sure how reliable or where hes getting this from. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing but aslong as we get a full pre season in with the right areas improved i cant say ill be too bothered.

Everything is dependent on his medical results, the papers don't seem to know what's going on as some are staying he's off and others are saying he's staying. Should be a decision next week by all accounts.

Everything is dependent on his medical results, the papers don't seem to know what's going on as some are staying he's off and others are saying he's staying. Should be a decision next week by all accounts.

The balance of probability is that he is staying though. Prelimary tests show that his heart was 'working perfectly' - Only if later tests reveal another problem will he not reurn.

He wants to stay

Randy wants him to stay

2 of the varaibles for him staying are therefore already in place. - Be surprised if he got 'shit canned' now.

I actually think Randy is incapable of making a decision - thats 90% of why GH is staying.

Or he's already made a decision. If GH is fit enough to stay he'll stay and that's what Randy wants, no matter what you might think of that decision.

OK fair enough. Thats probably the long short of it. IMO thats the wrong move - we could be manager hunting in Jan - where as if we do the deed now there are some very good managers available - I doub't Randy will get such a wide choice ever again.

If this goes wrong next season Randy and his board have to take the blame.

Randy has to take the blame no matter which thing he does..If he shows Houllier the door then gets Ancelotti on 3m a year and it all goes tits up(basically because Ancelotti has never developed or re-build a squad)then you will have all those that back this current system getting on Lerners back..."Why did you change a formula that was moving forward etc"...

I understand why Lermner is taking the stance he is..Houllier has come into a job where we had NOTHING..No scouts, no coaching staff(or very little),no fitness training, the players were suffering fatigue and injury, the players were spoilt,angry at MON departing or K'Mac not getting the job..Blimey this guy had it all to do and it takes time..Yet we have coaching staff now, we have scouts, we have fitness training..We have developement and players targeted to come in,players targeted to be removed etc..

Some of sit around thinking changing a manger is like changing a pair of socks..

What do you mean exactly when you say he had nothing ?

When most manager leave - what is it you expect them to leave behind ? - Given that most manager like to bring there own backroom staff - the fact that MON took Steve Walford, and John Robertson shouldn't really have created a big hole.

There seems to be a myth that a whole army of staff left last august - - which I don't beleive it true.

A whole army of staff didn't leave last August but that was mainly down to MON not having an army of staff. The guy who you quoted had it spot on IMO.

Robbie Savage said before he went on air on Late Kick-Off yesterday that it's a done deal Mark Hughes to be new Villa manager...Remember where you heard it first!

He would know but, hhhmm, don't trust him.

Robbie Savage said before he went on air on Late Kick-Off yesterday that it's a done deal Mark Hughes to be new Villa manager...Remember where you heard it first!

Please no. I really hope this is rubbish.

so do i, the idea of him being villa manager does nothing for me, fulham is his level

I would quite like Hughes. - Can't believe its a done deal though - both clubs have managers for a start - even if we wanted Hughes and he was keen to come - lots of Hurdles to overcome.

Highly probably GH is staying for me.