Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be miffed if it's FSW...I've been told he's actually a nice bloke but I just dont' think he'd get Villa's English youth policy at all.

Ancelotti.. my son Dan does a brilliant impression of his eyebrows when he's being interviewed! ...

Houllier to stay(if well enough)is by far the best option for the club. You can see some of the work he has done starting to pay off..

Most notably his appointment od Duverne as fitness coach..His work is now paying off and the team are all match fit and looking better than ever on the fitness side. Will Duverne stay if Houllier goes?

I also like to point out that our future players alongside our better players have also been good under Houllier. Players like Downing,Reo Coker, Albrighton, Bent, Walker(possible signing?) and most our younger players have looked good this season.

Then theres his signings in Jan, all have looked ok and have shown promising signs for next season.

I think the last thing we need now is another upheaval and big change..So unless its forced by health reasons, I think we should stay with the devil we know for now..

Skybet now have FSW at 1/6...very short odds. Very scary :shock:

Ive also noticed that things are very quiet regarding his future, other than his desire to stay in England.

I think its a strong a possibility he has already agreed to take over the reigns of another club, but is it us?

Why are most not in favour of FSW?

1. Barrygate.

2. Negative tactics.

3. Being fat.

4. Having a wild beard.

5. Poor signings for top dollar such as Babel, Aquilani and Keane.

Why do people always nail the 'bad' signings?

Torres, Xabi Alonso, Reina?

People nail his bad signings because all of his better signings were in his early years at Liverpool. If I was confident he could bring in the quality of Torres, Alonso and Reina to Villa I would back him.

However, his last year at Liverpool and his spell at Inter were poor. He also chopped and changed his team for no apparent reason, which used to frustrate their supporters.

Houllier to stay(if well enough)is by far the best option for the club. You can see some of the work he has done starting to pay off..

Most notably his appointment od Duverne as fitness coach..His work is now paying off and the team are all match fit and looking better than ever on the fitness side. Will Duverne stay if Houllier goes?

I also like to point out that our future players alongside our better players have also been good under Houllier. Players like Downing,Reo Coker, Albrighton, Bent, Walker(possible signing?) and most our younger players have looked good this season.

Then theres his signings in Jan, all have looked ok and have shown promising signs for next season.

I think the last thing we need now is another upheaval and big change..So unless its forced by health reasons, I think we should stay with the devil we know for now..

You're a brave man

Would anyone be willing to accept GH (health allowing) if her were to appoint another No2 Wilkins? and brought in Patrick Bergues (the defensive coach and the guy who was credited with a lot of the good stuff achieved by GH whilst at Liverpool) he was apparently unavailable last summer but may be this summert? Just a thought. I would prefer this to Hughes, McClaren, FSW etc

Would anyone be willing to accept GH (health allowing) if her were to appoint another No2 Wilkins? and brought in Patrick Bergues (the defensive coach and the guy who was credited with a lot of the good stuff achieved by GH whilst at Liverpool) he was apparently unavailable last summer but may be this summert? Just a thought. I would prefer this to Hughes, McClaren, FSW etc

I would accept Houllier as he is now, not under conditions and in this poll he is the 2nd fav after Moyes. So im not alone in thinking that he will be good in the long term for our club. How many other managers would have come in and started the cleaning up/building straight away?

Make no mistakes, Duverne was a top appointment from Houllier, I was speaking to a many Lyon fans about him and ALL their modern day success has came with Duverne as fitness coach..They are sad to see him go and only this season Lyon have now started to drop off the pace. Key question; Can we keep Duverne at the club if Houllier goes?

Will the kids still progress at a fast rate if Houllier goes?

Can we attract good players to the club like Bent/Makoun if Houllier goes?

I would accept Houllier as he is now, not under conditions and in this poll he is the 2nd fav after Moyes

In other words 85% of those polling are not in favour of him staying in any capacity

Can we have a referendum on polls being run under an (appropriately enough) AV system? :lol:

Yes. Houllier has done nothing special in regards to helping our young players progress. It's just another myth repeatedly mentioned by the houllier fan club.

Yes. Houllier has done nothing special in regards to helping our young players progress. It's just another myth repeatedly mentioned by the houllier fan club.

Special? Is that the key word in your post?

Who mentions special? Im just glad we have a manger that recognises the youth and gives them a chance. Which allows them to progress through the club. He hasnt done anything "special" its just he has "done something" and the kids have progressed at a fast rate thios season,wouldnt you consider Clark and Albrighton nearon Premiership ready now?...Would Benitez do the same? Would Ancelotti?

Special? Is that the key word in your post?

Who mentions special? Im just glad we have a manger that recognises the youth and gives them a chance. Which allows them to progress through the club. He hasnt done anything "special" its just he has "done something" and the kids have progressed at a fast rate thios season,wouldnt you consider Clark and Albrighton nearon Premiership ready now?...Would Benitez do the same? Would Ancelotti?

to be honest when Houllier has had the entire squad at his disposal he has very rarely (if at all) opted to start the younger players.

I wouldn't look at both of them personally, I'd be disappointed if either of them were appointed.. Coyle; I don't see what the fuss is about.

I think with the position we have finished, providing Houllier's health is OK I think the board will make him stay personally.. everything coming out of VP seems to suggest he is staying anyway.

If Houllier does go i'd like to see us go for someone completely different and surprising from the usual names.. will make a nice change.

8th) Fulham 49 points

14th) Bolton 46 points

Hughes > Coyle

Agreed?

Neither for me really. Coyle and Bolton have definitely gone off the boil in recent months and I've never been a huge fan of Hughes. I think Coyle will improve but he's still too raw for me.