Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes chooses who comes and goes at Everton, if Rodwell leaves it will be with his blessing. Reiterated publically by CEO at EFC fans conference 10 days ago.

He also believes we have someone in the same position as Rodwell coming through who is just as good, if not better. Just saying :)

So therumours about him HAVING t osell and not getting the money to replace are wrong then? - don't think so 'judy'

Did I say that? No, confirmed by our CEO "any transfer budget will come from player sales only" , plenty of other players leaving in the summer anyways. He will get money from that.

Most other Prem teams in same position, just don't wanna make it public :winkold:

What else could he have said?

Quite right. That said - his comments make me think him coming to villa is less likely.

I'm not sure how you have equated those two remarks.

Not saying Im right. none of us know for sure - but I just have feeling, he wont come now.

Moyes has said the usual things in response to a predictable question. When asked similar questions in the past his answer was accompanied by an adamant statement that he would not be leaving Everton anytime soon. That went unmentioned this time. Could it be the right time to make him an offer he can't refuse.

Moyes would be my first choice, Coyle would be an intriguing but more risky appointment, and although I never thought I would here myself say this, how much has Steve McClaren improved as a manager and a coach by working abroad?

cant at all se hughes being offered the job. Take a punt on trying to tempt a great manager I would.

Very publicly try and get Van Gaal, Villas-Boas, Hiddink, Rikjaard, Moyes and Deschamps and the law of averages says one of them will come.*

*has downside that if one didnt come we'd look like Blackburn trying to sign Beckham.. but if it did work it'd be like West Ham signing Tevez/Masch

I can't see Rafa coming here at all...I get the feeling that Randy respects Houllier knowledge of footballing matter and I'm sure he would be asked if he has to step down who should take his place...I don't think Rafa would be at the top of Houlliers list.

I get the feeling Randy really likes Ged as a person, and especially after his recent setback - can't see him replacing with someone who Ged doesn't seem to be very fond of after their mini argument a few months back.

What else could he have said?

Quite right. That said - his comments make me think him coming to villa is less likely.

I'm not sure how you have equated those two remarks.

Not saying Im right. none of us know for sure - but I just have feeling, he wont come now.

If anything, I'm probably a bit more encouraged after those remarks.

He could have just given a flat out 'not interested/ got plenty to do here,' but instead, "It's (the rumours) nothing to do with me." And probably quite right too. He doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke who'd be circulating his own name (or getting his agent to do it).

"I'm at a great club with a great job. I don't know what to say."

Say you're not interested! Technically he's still at Everton, they are a decent club and it is one of the bigger jobs in the country. So the first part isn't necessarily wrong. It doesn't preclude or rule out the option of taking a job with potentially better prospects in the not too distant though.

Everytime I have a good day I see the fat spanish waiter mentioned with Aston Villa and it puts it on a right downer again.

I'm glad its nothing more than talk on here though, just hope it stays like that!