Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I've always considered doing that (badges that is) are you seriously going for it? if so i'd be interested to know how you get on.

I think it starts in September. My mate has all the details, he said that apparently Level 1 is easy but Level 2 is difficult but if you do well in it you can easily be fast tracked. I'm going to be sorting it out soon so if I get the details I will let you know.

Cool yeah thanks I'll be keen to find out more too.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always considered doing that (badges that is) are you seriously going for it? if so i'd be interested to know how you get on.

I think it starts in September. My mate has all the details, he said that apparently Level 1 is easy but Level 2 is difficult but if you do well in it you can easily be fast tracked. I'm going to be sorting it out soon so if I get the details I will let you know.

Cool yeah thanks I'll be keen to find out more too.

Me too! Something I'd love to get into. PM details to me too mate :)

I've got my level 1 badge! set to do my second one in the summer...then I will hand in my CV.

Put your cv in to the Villa now. Refer them to your posts in VT. If they're wise they'll realise you could probably do a job picking the team and scouting for players. But would you have what it takes to get this lot playing as well as they can? If so, you're my pick, ahead of the brolly bloke :D

Funny you should mention that. A few years ago someone emailed their Championship Manager CV to Steve Gibson at Boro and he actually replied to it. :lol:

I remember that, he got quite a good humoured reply to it as well didn't he? something along the lines of "I don't think we could afford to pay the wages of a man of your talents"

Funny you should mention that. A few years ago someone emailed their Championship Manager CV to Steve Gibson at Boro and he actually replied to it. :lol:

I remember that, he got quite a good humoured reply to it as well didn't he? something along the lines of "I don't think we could afford to pay the wages of a man of your talents"

He said that!? Gibson is an A-hole :lol:

think the same guy actually sent one to either Citeh or Chelsea and didnt get a good natured reply.

think the same guy actually sent one to either Citeh or Chelsea and didnt get a good natured reply.

Yeah, Citeh was more along the lines of "Don't write to us again."

Ive applied for 40+ managerial jobs in the Football league including Villa. I also applied for the England job and never heard back.

Interestingly enough, Sunderland were (in there own words) considering me for the position. Two days later they appointed Roy Keane. I felt betrayed.

I found the Middlesbrough reply

"Many thanks for your recent application for the Managerial position at Middlesbrough Football Club.

You were of course the outstanding candidate but after careful consideration we decided against your appointment. Quite frankly we were of the opinion that your tenure with us would have been short-lived, as your undoubted talent would result in one of the big European Clubs seeking your services.

We consider it a sign of our progress that someone of your status could consider us."

Yeah, something about how they didn't want to take him as the big European clubs would be after him no doubt.

"Many thanks for your recent application for the Managerial position at Middlesbrough Football Club.

You were of course the outstanding candidate but after careful consideration we decided against your appointment. Quite frankly we were of the opinion that your tenure with us would have been short-lived, as your undoubted talent would result in one of the big European Clubs seeking your services.

We consider it a sign of our progress that someone of your status could consider us."

That is fantastic. :lol:

I think we'll get what we deserve - Hughes, Big Sam or even Hodgson. We will play the "British" style of football and return to our position as "best of the rest" and being regularly dumped out of the early rounds of the Europa league.

Interestingly enough, Sunderland were (in there own words) considering me for the position. Two days later they appointed Roy Keane. I felt betrayed.

Well it came back to bite them didn't it? :D

Well it came back to bite them didn't it? :D

I believe he pretty much won 40 games in row. Took them from bottom of the championship to top of the table. Im not saying I could have done a better job, but Id have had a better Goal Difference.

I've seen it before but that last line never fails to put a smile on my face!

Fair play to Gibson for that.