Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I'm not the one who's still behind a manager who's actually worried about the relegation threat. That proves me to his gonna balls it up for us and you obviously show no concern over this if you continue to back him.

As long as he is the manager I'll back him. MON had 4 years, GH has had 6-7 months and things going against him, angry fans too.

But outside football, I'm quite mad.

His brought it all on himself. A lot of fans were close to forgiving him from the Liverpool farce, even myself but after waving the white flag to Man City and saying we're not good enough to lick their boots (figure of speech), he doesn't rate us at all. And what has paid off? Two follow up defeats against Bolton and Wolves. And we knew this would happen. Us the fans who pay his wages. It's abysmal. I actually hate him now.

I hope he gets forced out. There's still time to bring a manager in with two weeks breathing space again. But we have such an incompetent board as well as a manager that things will carry on downhill.

He deserves no backing.

His brought it all on himself. - Details?

- "white flag to Man City" - exaggeration.

- "we're not good enough" - poor choice of words, yes.

- "not good enough to lick their boots (figure of speech)" - that's BS!

- "he doesn't rate us at all" - read his post match comments. No manager says that to anyone.

- "defeats against Bolton and Wolves. And we knew this would happen." - no, we didn't!

- "fans who pay his wages" - partly, and THOSE WHO pay.

- "I actually hate him now" - shit!

- "forced out" - this is his first year of his three (?) year plan.

- "incompetent board" - calm down!

- "downhill" - there will be sunshine after rain.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A manager who is already in the Premiership at the moment. He'll fully understand what it takes to play in this league. Not someone who has to play catch up, which is partially where Randy has gone wrong by appointing GH. For me, Coyle, Moyes, Hughes or, as an outsider, Lambert.

it is a shame we couldnt have had houliers style of play with the levels of commitment turncoat oneil got from the players.

easier said than done but having decided in december that i had enough of houlier i decided to give him the transfer window.

he got the best finisher in the league for us and a good midfielder and a good right back

the team just got 3 players better, right?

so how come we are equally as shit?

the benefit of the doubt afforded by a strong winter transfer window has gone now.

martin jol got spurz playing attractive attacking football, same at ajax.

van Gaal, well i bet if we offered bayern £1 million compo now we could have him tomorrow, he is off anyway and that sort of money for a team with nothing to play for is very very tempting. the £1million for us to spend is a drop in the ocean to stave off relegation.

it is a shame, i really do like the way we play under houlier most of the time, it makes a change for it to be us who hold onto the ball and play good football but when the players want to do it all their way and the manager doesnt fix basic mistakes then the manager is the one who always goes.

A manager who is already in the Premiership at the moment. He'll fully understand what it takes to play in this league. Not someone who has to play catch up, which is partially where Randy has gone wrong by appointing GH. For me, Coyle, Moyes, Hughes or, as an outsider, Lambert.

AS a outsider u say lambert but dont like my one hughton... why?

AS a outsider u say lambert but dont like my one hughton... why?

Beacause I don't think he's cut out to be a Manager. Good coach though. I'd rather not have Lambert either to be honest, Just saying that, if none of the others would want to come and we have to take a gamble, then Lambert would be the one I'd go for. If Hughton was that good, he'd have got another job by now.

We should go for Owen Coyle - he got a team of cloggers playing attacking attractive football - image what he could do with our players!

Owen Coyle could be just another Phil Brown.

I don't think so.. he's got Bolton playing a totally different style - not unlike our own style but also made them difficult to beat.

I like him as a manager and wouldn't be ashamed if we tried to poach him.

Fat Sam for now, if he keeps us up give him a two year deal. People say he's anti football but there is a manager at Madrid thats the same.

:lol:

Please don't compare Fat Sam to Mourinho.. laughable to even suggest it.

Just as laughable as backing GH.

Not really, completely different situations.

I actually suggest you watch Madrid sometime, because you certainly haven't seen them recently.

Lambert, an inexperienced championship manager, to come in for the last 8 games of a premiership relegation battle that atleast 9 teams are involved in?

Give over.

(Pardew has said Newcastle are in Relegation battle and are 9th from bottom before anybody moans at this)