Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

What you mean like I did with Oneill or Oleary or Little or Gregory ?

You see just because I did not rate Houllier does not mean I do not rate any manager. I just thought he was wrong for us.

Do you still think he is right for us then or are you mad because it looks like he isn't right for us?

"It looks like" doesn't necessarily mean that he is.

The results have been poor. Weekend headaches. But this has been MOS'n squad and he had his way of doing things. Houllier has been some sort of "culture shock". And it takes time to change things. And you can't deny, we have had some "problems" this season and it has not all been Houllier related. GH hasn't had many injury free weeks. And trouble players haven't helped the situation.

Today's performance was poor (I believe because I was watching bad quality streams) and it was a must win game, so I understand the frustration and I feel the same but I really think this is the time when the club, the manager and the players need the support from the fans, all fans.

I still have faith in Houllier. If I'm mad? We know the answer sometime in May.

No, we know the answer now. You are mad after having seen that no end product performance. Our strongest attack force couldn't do anything. He took albrighton off? Why on earth did he do that? Even the bench look stunned.

Actually, I wouldn't call you mad. I think you must be ill or something for still having faith in Houllier when his shown no signs of improvement. It's like you're not worried of us going down.

Now you're mad!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the one who's still behind a manager who's actually worried about the relegation threat. That proves me to his gonna balls it up for us and you obviously show no concern over this if you continue to back him.

I'm not the one who's still behind a manager who's actually worried about the relegation threat. That proves me to his gonna balls it up for us and you obviously show no concern over this if you continue to back him.

As long as he is the manager I'll back him. MON had 4 years, GH has had 6-7 months and things going against him, angry fans too.

But outside football, I'm quite mad.

Saying that, we won't be having a new manager any time soon. Houllier won't walk, his ego won't allow that, and we won't sack him before seasons end, if we do even then.
The fans have turned on him, I wouldn't rule it out.

That he'll walk, or that we'll sack him?

I'm convinced his pride will not let him walk away, he'll simply ignore the fans - I get the impression he doesn't have a great fondness for the crowd and I'm not sure he actually thinks he's doing all that bad of a job anyway.

I don't think we'll sack him unless we do actually end up without a hope of saving ourselves. The club probably doesn't really give a shit about what the fans think, and I think the only way the fans voice would see him be sacked would be if nobody turned up games while he remained in place. I think the club are rather sold on Houllier and it will take a helluva poor performance to get shot of him. At best, if we stay up, he leaves in the summer imo.

Fair point. I still think there is a strong possibility GH will leave this season; it is not a small section of fans wanting him to leave, it was virtually all the fans today.

Break the bank and get Colye?

:lol:

Just that easy, he actually would want to come we cannot force him.

**** me I hate that ":lol:" condescending smiley.

Did I ever say it was easy? Don't think there are many capable managers who would want to come here given the shit Houllier has us in.

But he would still me my first choice but the board will hopefully have done their homework if Houllier leaves/is sacked and have a shortlist of potential successors.

Moyes or Billy Davies

Billy Davies? Really?

I know we're in the shit but I think we can set our sights a bit higher than that!

has a superb record in the championship and has masterminded a fantastic turnaround at Forest. deserves a shot in the prem imo but certainly would be a gamble.

He's done a good job at Forest yes but as you say he would be a gamble and I don't think we can afford that given the state the club is in.

As long as he is the manager I'll back him. MON had 4 years, GH has had 6-7 months and things going against him, angry fans too.

But outside football, I'm quite mad.

His brought it all on himself. A lot of fans were close to forgiving him from the Liverpool farce, even myself but after waving the white flag to Man City and saying we're not good enough to lick their boots (figure of speech), he doesn't rate us at all. And what has paid off? Two follow up defeats against Bolton and Wolves. And we knew this would happen. Us the fans who pay his wages. It's abysmal. I actually hate him now.

I hope he gets forced out. There's still time to bring a manager in with two weeks breathing space again. But we have such an incompetent board as well as a manager that things will carry on downhill.

He deserves no backing.

Fair point. I still think there is a strong possibility GH will leave this season; it is not a small section of fans wanting him to leave, it was virtually all the fans today.

Oh I agree it seems he's finally managed to turn everyone against him, and for anyone (like me) that didn't like Houllier from the word go and said we shouldn't hire him, thats a good thing as the pressure might help get shot of him.

Sadly, I can't see that might becoming a will.

I bloody hope it does though.

Mick McCarthy

1) It screws up wolves, meaning we only have to beat two other teams instead of three

2) He'll get enough points together for safety

3) Sack him in the summer and bring in roy keane to restore the squad's stability

In order:

Van Gaal

Wenger - If he leaves/gets sacked from Arsenal :P

Ranieri

Benitez

Coyle

Moyes

Jol

My Mother

Lambert

Big Sam

Hughton

McClaren

Curbishley

If one of the top ones cant/wont come straight away, Big Sam till end of the season. Then back to this list.

Fat Sam for now, if he keeps us up give him a two year deal. People say he's anti football but there is a manager at Madrid thats the same.

:lol:

Please don't compare Fat Sam to Mourinho.. laughable to even suggest it.

Just as laughable as backing GH.