Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you mean like I did with Oneill or Oleary or Little or Gregory ?

You see just because I did not rate Houllier does not mean I do not rate any manager. I just thought he was wrong for us.

Do you still think he is right for us then or are you mad because it looks like he isn't right for us?

Owen Coyle is my no. 1 choice, but he would not leave Bolton now. Perhaps at the end of the season.

So its got to be Big Fat Sam. Awful to watch, but at least we'd have a bit of fight and bottle. This team looks so soft and weak. The very least we'd go down fighting, which is better than going down wth a whimper as we are at the moment.

I think his question is pretty hypothetical as the board don't have the balls to admit they made a huge mistake and act quickly to sack the useless dinosaur. Houllier is in place til the end of the season and possibly beyond; if we go down, he'll resign and leave the mess he's made for someone else to clean up, with a nice send off from his beloved Liverpool fans in the away section at Villa Park, if we stay up, he'll stay on.

I'd go for Jol if we looked to properly replace him now.

I wouldn't tocuh Van Gaal with a bargepole, everyone hates him in the end, because by most accounts he's a prick.

His record speaks for itself. Brilliant manager! I'd give anything for him to become our manager.

His record is somewhat aided by managing teams that are dominant in their leagues. Here, I think he'd come in, piss everyone off sooner or later, and leave within a year. Besides which, I think he'd see us as beneath him, so wouldn't come.

Koeman would be even worse. Not only would he piss everyone off, he'd probably even more successful than Houllier at relegating us, as he seems to have a knack for, eventually, making things worse at a club he manages. The Valencia debacle sums him up.

If we were looking to spend money on a manager (or are we still following that line about not wanting to pinch someone elses manager? Snigger) I'd love us to get Coyle - he seems to have the balance of ideology and pragmatism that we would definitely need.

Coyle, Moyes would be my two favourites. They have both had pretty much feck all money to spend in thier managerial lives and thier teams both fight to the death but play attractive flowing football. Break the bank for either now before its too late to get them, they wont come to a championship team, no matter how big it is! Imagine what either of those could do with Randy's millions to spend and finding cheap gems along the way too?

Saying that, we won't be having a new manager any time soon. Houllier won't walk, his ego won't allow that, and we won't sack him before seasons end, if we do even then.
The fans have turned on him, I wouldn't rule it out.

Moyes or Billy Davies

Billy Davies? Really?

I know we're in the shit but I think we can set our sights a bit higher than that!

has a superb record in the championship and has masterminded a fantastic turnaround at Forest. deserves a shot in the prem imo but certainly would be a gamble.

You see just because I did not rate Houllier does not mean I do not rate any manager. I just thought he was wrong for us.

Do you still think he is right for us then or are you mad because it looks like he isn't right for us?

"It looks like" doesn't necessarily mean that he is.

The results have been poor. Weekend headaches. But this has been MOS'n squad and he had his way of doing things. Houllier has been some sort of "culture shock". And it takes time to change things. And you can't deny, we have had some "problems" this season and it has not all been Houllier related. GH hasn't had many injury free weeks. And trouble players haven't helped the situation.

Today's performance was poor (I believe because I was watching bad quality streams) and it was a must win game, so I understand the frustration and I feel the same but I really think this is the time when the club, the manager and the players need the support from the fans, all fans.

I still have faith in Houllier. If I'm mad? We know the answer sometime in May.

"It looks like" doesn't necessarily mean that he is.

The results have been poor. Weekend headaches. But this has been MOS'n squad and he had his way of doing things. Houllier has been some sort of "culture shock". And it takes time to change things. And you can't deny, we have had some "problems" this season and it has not all been Houllier related. GH hasn't had many injury free weeks. And trouble players haven't helped the situation.

Today's performance was poor (I believe because I was watching bad quality streams) and it was a must win game, so I understand the frustration and I feel the same but I really think this is the time when the club, the manager and the players need the support from the fans, all fans.

I still have faith in Houllier. If I'm mad? We know the answer sometime in May.

No, we know the answer now. You are mad after having seen that no end product performance. Our strongest attack force couldn't do anything. He took albrighton off? Why on earth did he do that? Even the bench look stunned.

Actually, I wouldn't call you mad. I think you must be ill or something for still having faith in Houllier when his shown no signs of improvement. It's like you're not worried of us going down.

Saying that, we won't be having a new manager any time soon. Houllier won't walk, his ego won't allow that, and we won't sack him before seasons end, if we do even then.
The fans have turned on him, I wouldn't rule it out.

That he'll walk, or that we'll sack him?

I'm convinced his pride will not let him walk away, he'll simply ignore the fans - I get the impression he doesn't have a great fondness for the crowd and I'm not sure he actually thinks he's doing all that bad of a job anyway.

I don't think we'll sack him unless we do actually end up without a hope of saving ourselves. The club probably doesn't really give a shit about what the fans think, and I think the only way the fans voice would see him be sacked would be if nobody turned up games while he remained in place. I think the club are rather sold on Houllier and it will take a helluva poor performance to get shot of him. At best, if we stay up, he leaves in the summer imo.