41 members have voted

1. 1. Would we have either Barry or Milner back at A.V.F.C

• Yes
    • No

Jimmy yes, Barry no.

I love Jimmy :(

this.

Still upsets me that he isn't here any more :cry:

Yep, I thought he was a Villan through and through....I reckon we'd be a few places higher up the table if he'd stayed....

If Milner hadn't of left then I reckon we'd still have MON in charge because the debacle over the spending of the Milner fee would never of happened, so make of that what you will.

By the end of the season Milner will have appeared in around 45 Citeh games as compared to 50 (?) in his final season for us. There are a lot of substitute appearances in there but he's getting enough football to keep him going I'd have thought. If he left, I think he'd probably looking for a Champions league team. Essentially I think we've got no chance of Milner.

Barry might be a different case as he's got such a long association with the club - he might be one who could be persuaded to come back - the issue would be whether a proportion of the fan base have already burnt the bridge. I think he'd be an excellent fit for us at the moment, he can control the tempo of games and keep the ball. I think he's got four years left in him and I'd be happy to see him return. That said, he's got three years left on his contract with City and is still playing regularly for them, so I can't see that happening either.

Milner's played a good amount of games but bear in mind this is a lad I regard as potentially world class whos stock would only have risen at Villa in centre mid.

Now he's on the right and left wing all the time, where he's not that good, whilst lumps like Barry get into centre mid. I would love us to get Milner back, I would swap him +10m for Ash.

That said I don't see him coming back.

Zatman, Barry jumped at the first big contract he was offered. No-one wanted him with any conviction (except Pompey) before 2009. Then he wanted to leave and came out with that newspaper article.

I'd have Milner back in a second.

Him playing where Ash is trying to play, with Ash pushed back out to the wing and Downing on the otherside would be perfect for us right now.

Milner's played a good amount of games but bear in mind this is a lad I regard as potentially world class whos stock would only have risen at Villa in centre mid.

Now he's on the right and left wing all the time, where he's not that good, whilst lumps like Barry get into centre mid. I would love us to get Milner back, I would swap him +10m for Ash.

That said I don't see him coming back.

Zatman, Barry jumped at the first big contract he was offered. No-one wanted him with any conviction (except Pompey) before 2009. Then he wanted to leave and came out with that newspaper article.

So did Milner .....

Surely nobody here can argue that Villa is a better place to be than Man city at the moment?

I don't hate either of them and i'd have both back in the blink of an eye

^ It's only better if your not getting into Man City's side regularly... and they both are getting into the side regularly. More money, more chance of trophies, will likely win the prem in a few seasons...

Admittedly if they are just bench appearances then its not great but lets not kid ourselves here.

They were both fan favourites though. I never quite understand why players leave when they are hero's to the fans, especially when we have been on the cusp of Champions League for a while now.

------------New Keeper--------

Walker---New---Clark---New-

------------NRC-----------------

------------------Makoun-------

--------------Milner-------------

Albrighton-------------Downing

---------------Bent--------------

would be superb

i honestly think milner knows he may have cocked up by going there. he has been average this year and just another player at city

at villa im sure he would have been a superstar again this season. would have him back

I'd have Milner back in a second.

Him playing where Ash is trying to play, with Ash pushed back out to the wing and Downing on the otherside would be perfect for us right now.

Absolutely this. And Albrighton to alter things. We'd be sorted in that area.

Has a team ever signed a player 3 times in such little time? That for me is the only reason I cannot see it and Jimmy might think 3 times is too much too.

I guess now it's time

For me to give up, I feel it's time.

Got a picture of you beside me,

Got your lipstick mark still on your coffee cup.

Got a fist of pure emotion,

Got a head of shattered dreams,

Gotta leave it, gotta leave it all behind me.

Whatever I said, whatever I did,

I didn't mean it, I just want you back for good.

(Want you back, want you back, want you back for good.)

Whenever I'm wrong, just tell me the song

And I'll sing it, you'll be right and understood,

I want you back for good.

Unaware but underlined I figured out the story

It wasn't good

But in the corner of my mind I celebrated glory

But that was not to be

In the twist of separation you excelled at being free

Can't you find a little room inside for me

Whatever I said, whatever I did

I want you back for good

Whenever I'm wrong, just tell me the song,

And i will be togheter,

This time is forever,

We'll be fighting, yes forever we will be,

So complete in our love, we will never be uncovered again.

Whatever I said, whatever I did

Whenever I'm wrong, just tell me the song,

I guess now it's time

That you came back for good.

I'd take both of them.

Are you serious? Both of them **** left us when we needed them the most, now we should have them back because they are having a rough time?

They knew fine rightly what they were getting into. They stuck two fingers up to the fans that paid hard money and still adored them.

No, we should have Milner (both both IMO) because he would be a great asset to us. People need to move on, it's their job, they don't support Villa so you can't blame them.

I know if I was at somewhere like Everton as a professional and a club offered me double wages and a chance of more trophies, possibly CL football within 2/3 years, chance of title etc...I'd go, because as loved as you'd feel by fans, you have no affiliation to them and if you do your job well at your next club, you'll be loved and adored by them as well.

Â