Alan Hutton

Rich_D

He may have been world-class for 99% of the game but he went missing for the cross that led to the goal. Kind ofputs the rest of his average performance into perspective. Was he totally shit? No. But he allowed them to pick an easy cross and a goal. He went missing, that wasn't tactics just poor defending.

This is not true, Huttons job was to mark and track Young, which is what he was doing in the build up to the goal. The run was made by Nani who should have been tracked by one of our midfield, probably Herd. The reason Hutton was getting pulled up the pitch was due to Young and Evra coupled with the fact Albrighton wasnt tracking back much.

How do you know his job was to mark Young? Surely his first job is to play his position of right back.

He is a right wing back at best in that he is no better than ok defensively or going forward, i've tried giving him a chance but unfortunately we've bought a dud. Young would have done us for a good while longer.

I agree that the right full back should be marking the left-winger. however, it doesn't follow that he has to run around after him when he cuts inside. For the goal Young cut inside - still about 30 yards from goal adn into the area where the midfield were. Granted Albrighton should have been back but seeing as he wasn't Hutton should not have wondered out of position opening the left side for nani to take all the time in the world to watch jones wonder between our central-defenders, passed the obviously caught in traffic lights central misfield of ours to score the goal. it was a catalogue of errors yes, but hutton should have been in position. he would have just fouled Nani anyway.

Young never cut inside for the goal, when Young had the ball he was near the line. Had Hutton not gone to him he would have had a free run to the box. With Nani running on as well a chance would have been created anyway. The fact is that Nani should have been tracked by a midfielder and wasnt. Also how do you know Hutton wasnt told to stay tight to Young and the fact remains that Young who was lauded by so many hardly got anything out of Hutton, much like Sinclair didnt the week before when Hutton apparently had another bad game.

There were far worse performances on the pitch than Huttons and as ive already said bar Petrov he was statistically the best passer on the pitch.

I just watched the goal again, hard to say whether it's his fault he's pressing so high up the pitch, arguably that could be what he's told to do, stay tight to his man but he does leave space in behind him for runners so the sensible thing to do could have arguably been to just sit back 5 yards, allow Young to go out him but at least then he's covering the spaces in which Nani makes the move into, so even if Young plays the same ball to Evra (which is midfields man, not sure who exactly should be covering those spaces) then at least defensively the players are set, there is no room in behind them and it'd take something quite creative or clever from Evra to open something up, or he simply just passes the ball on giving more time for defence and midfield to set.

but let's say he's not at fault for that part of the goal, that's his job, the 2nd part is woeful, as soon as Young passes the ball and the danger is there to see with Evra striving forward, he just jogs back as if there is no worry in the world, if the lad showed desire OR a brain (in spotting clear danger) whichever one, don't know what was going through his head, he could have sprinted back, at least then causing the pass to be more under pressure from Evra, knowing that Hutton could maybe cut it out, therefore Evra may over do the pass forcing Nani into a more difficult crossing position. If it's a good pass anyway and Nani is in the same position than at least Hutton for running back will either be forcing Nani to hurry the cross OR end up facing him one on one. Unfortunately he jogged back and only realised the danger until Nani was basically seconds before crossing for an easy finish (in which Chris Herd should be tracking his runner and Dunne should be better positioned feet wise)

very avoidable goal.

I do though blame him for pissing awY £4m on Hitton who is worse than options we already had at the club. I'd he the worst RB we've had? No probably not that for me would be Bardsley but we didn't spend pay anything for him. As for Beye I've not seen enough of him in our colours to form a view

Problem was who was available other than him. Was a bit of uproar on here when Simpson was linked and i would have took him

Herd at RB or not on the pitch for me. AMC was going to replace Petrov with Jenas, but that seems off now.

Herd-Carlos-Dunne-Clark (Warnock against teams with bad RW) would be our best shout for now. Dunney looked great Sat.

Albrighton or N'zog must always start or we'll be too narrow (relax everyone...Nzog doesn't have a shit attitude and ain't leaving in Jan and WILL come good. Rest of midfield unfortunately picks itself.

Bent is only worth playing if we're gonna play with width. If we're gonna play hoofball, Heskey (but only play him if he's gonna play as a forward). Lack of options once again...

I do though blame him for pissing awY £4m on Hitton who is worse than options we already had at the club. Is he the worst RB we've had? No probably not that for me would be Bardsley but we didn't spend pay anything for him. As for Beye I've not seen enough of him in our colours to form a view

Problem was who was available other than him. Was a bit of uproar on here when Simpson was linked and i would have took him

As I said I'd rather have saved the £4m and used the options we already have.

I cannot wait until that smug prick gets abuse on Sunday. I've been looking forward to that day since he left.

Barry I can understand left for a team that almost certainly would qualify for the Champions League within a year, and he gave us years of service. The only bad thing was his whole interview with the NOTW about that scum club Liverpool.

This guy Downing though is a completely different kind of asshole.

I actually would play Hutton on Sunday. He loves a dangerous tackle and on Sunday I'm hoping he pulls a few out on that bellend Downing.

Â