The Arab Spring and "the War on Terror"

legov

Were Iraq in a better state under Saddam Hussein's rule?

Saddam's favourites were better off, yes.

We don't know about the others, they disappeared or were gassed if they raised any grievances.

Hopefully Israel will confront Isis further on down the line .

In order for Israel to deal with ISIS - Jordan has to be conquered by ISIS first. I assume that if Jordan will be attacked, US will act and I will not be too surprised if a couple of Israeli airplanes will aid the cause.

In order for Israel to deal with ISIS - Jordan has to be conquered by ISIS first. I assume that if Jordan will be attacked, US will act and I will not be too surprised if a couple of Israeli airplanes will aid the cause.

No oil in Jordan so doubt the US will get involved

In order to produce a reliable stream of terrorists who will carry out these atrocities, it is helpful to start the process of desensitisation at a young age.

“I picture a dead Arab”: In disturbing video, Israeli children’s words echo indoctrination

Really?! The best you can find is a video clip from an extreme-left wing website? With a video clip which is completely biased? A grown up man asks kids about who would they want to kill?! If someone asked any of my 3 kids such questions he would be punched in the face by yours truly. This is unbelievable. You raise a claim and try to back it up with nonsense evidence, coming from a completely subjective source.  Why didn't he ask the kids whether they prefer war over peace? One girl said she killed the Arabs attacking her - why didn't he ask the reason for this nightmare? Why would she think such thing? She could pick "Germans" that come after her. Or Greeks. But she did not - why didn't he ask? What was he after? I work with kids. I know kids - a grown up can lead them to any place he wants. This reflects what, exactly? And by all means - I do not justify any of these answers. Their parents should be ashamed and the education system in Israel should do the utmost to prevent such line of thoughts.

Ahh... but I guess that your next claim will be that such thought are taught at Israeli schools, by the demonic Israeli teachers. Well, dozens of the schools in Israel are 100% Arab, so this can't happen there. Also, many are a mixture of Arabs and Jews (in cities such as Ramla, Lod, Jaff, Akre), so this most probably won't take place there as well. Hmm... this is weird... well, I guess all comes from the horrible conditions of the local Arab population, leaving next to Jewish people who want them dead... But hang on, the Arabs are citizens with full rights here, enjoying the Israeli democracy. How many Arabs across the middle east can say that? Enjoying a full religious freedom, whether Muslim or Christian. Can the Palestinians say the same? Of course not. We even had and Arab minister a couple of years ago. So how does this sit with your unfounded claims? I can go on, if you'd like. More than 20% of Arab youth volunteer to serve public systems in Israel e.g. - volunt. Unlike the Jews, the Arabs do not have to enlist and they can start working or studying at the age of 18. But more than 20% choose to spend 1-2-3 years for this wretched Jewish country they reside is, and the rates are on the rise. How can all this be true? Have you ever looked into this, or do you prefer to base your arguments on 5 minutes clips from a biased website, in the hope that most people here, who are far away from this subject, take your words as if they are the living truth?

And still, you choose what is most convenient to paint the Israelis as demons. Have you looked into the official broadcasts of the Palestinian Authority lately? Want to see a couple of programs for the kids with a nice Micky Mouse teaching them how great it is to kill not only the Zionists, but all Jews. Maybe it was an anti-discrimination class. Go figure. This is an official broadcast, equivalent to the BBC, but hey - that's not important - let's all watch a 5 minute clip from an extreme left website and tell everyone that's "Real life in Israel".

• Like 1

True, but the US considers Jordan as an important ally. For the best of my knowledge, US holds several military installations in Jordan.

Lets hope it happens soon eh? Wouldn't want you guys to run out of ammo or anything. 

Lets hope it happens soon eh? Wouldn't want you guys to run out of ammo or anything. 

This really doesn't matter. Even if we'll fight ISIS you'll still complain about the "disproportionate response".

In order to produce a reliable stream of terrorists who will carry out these atrocities, it is helpful to start the process of desensitisation at a young age.

“I picture a dead Arab”: In disturbing video, Israeli children’s words echo indoctrination

Really?! The best you can find is a video clip from an extreme-left wing website? With a video clip which is completely biased? A grown up man asks kids about who would they want to kill?! If someone asked any of my 3 kids such questions he would be punched in the face by yours truly. This is unbelievable. You raise a claim and try to back it up with nonsense evidence, coming from a completely subjective source.  Why didn't he ask the kids whether they prefer war over peace? One girl said she killed the Arabs attacking her - why didn't he ask the reason for this nightmare? Why would she think such thing? She could pick "Germans" that come after her. Or Greeks. But she did not - why didn't he ask? What was he after? I work with kids. I know kids - a grown up can lead them to any place he wants. This reflects what, exactly? And by all means - I do not justify any of these answers. Their parents should be ashamed and the education system in Israel should do the utmost to prevent such line of thoughts.

Ahh... but I guess that your next claim will be that such thought are taught at Israeli schools, by the demonic Israeli teachers. Well, dozens of the schools in Israel are 100% Arab, so this can't happen there. Also, many are a mixture of Arabs and Jews (in cities such as Ramla, Lod, Jaff, Akre), so this most probably won't take place there as well. Hmm... this is weird... well, I guess all comes from the horrible conditions of the local Arab population, leaving next to Jewish people who want them dead... But hang on, the Arabs are citizens with full rights here, enjoying the Israeli democracy. How many Arabs across the middle east can say that? Enjoying a full religious freedom, whether Muslim or Christian. Can the Palestinians say the same? Of course not. We even had and Arab minister a couple of years ago. So how does this sit with your unfounded claims? I can go on, if you'd like. More than 20% of Arab youth volunteer to serve public systems in Israel e.g. - volunt. Unlike the Jews, the Arabs do not have to enlist and they can start working or studying at the age of 18. But more than 20% choose to spend 1-2-3 years for this wretched Jewish country they reside is, and the rates are on the rise. How can all this be true? Have you ever looked into this, or do you prefer to base your arguments on 5 minutes clips from a biased website, in the hope that most people here, who are far away from this subject, take your words as if they are the living truth?

And still, you choose what is most convenient to paint the Israelis as demons. Have you looked into the official broadcasts of the Palestinian Authority lately? Want to see a couple of programs for the kids with a nice Micky Mouse teaching them how great it is to kill not only the Zionists, but all Jews. Maybe it was an anti-discrimination class. Go figure. This is an official broadcast, equivalent to the BBC, but hey - that's not important - let's all watch a 5 minute clip from an extreme left website and tell everyone that's "Real life in Israel".

You're right, children can be led and TV programmers can make things appear as they want them to. The manipulation of media is a weapon of tyranny and as you rightly suggest, it's ridiculous to assume there's any truth in the idea that children are taught to want to kill; idiotic, foolish, preposterous and insane.

And yet it would appear that you believe it of the other side without question.

What does that tell you?

• Like 2

But can you grow Opium poppys in Jordan? They do in Afghanistan......

Edited by AVFCforever1991

You're right, children can be led and TV programmers can make things appear as they want them to. The manipulation of media is a weapon of tyranny and as you rightly suggest, it's ridiculous to assume there's any truth in the idea that children are taught to want to kill; idiotic, foolish, preposterous and insane.

And yet it would appear that you believe it of the other side without question.

What does that tell you?

I don't see the Palestinian kids as any sort of a problem. Kids are kids are kids, regardless of their nationality. They, as you said - can be easily manipulated. The problem are the grownups, who use the official broadcasting network as a platform to pass these horrendous ideas to the kids.Therefore, my comparison is not between the Palestinian kids and the Israeli ones. I compare the adult behavior - the fact that the hatred towards Israelis and Jews comes down through official channels.  

This is a short interview held with one Colonel Richard Kemp of the British army of the Gaza situation. 5 minute interview. This clip auto plays, but I managed to play it only on Internet Explorer (the horror!!!).

http://news.walla.co.il/?w=/2689/2769050

I couldn't find the video but there is an article in yesterday's Jerusalem Post which outlines his opinion on Hamas's 'win-win' strategy of using human shields.

He expects other terrorist organisations to copy it as it has proven so affective and effective.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

This is a short interview held with one Colonel Richard Kemp of the British army of the Gaza situation. 5 minute interview. This clip auto plays, but I managed to play it only on Internet Explorer (the horror!!!).

http://news.walla.co.il/?w=/2689/2769050

I couldn't find the video but there is an article in yesterday's Jerusalem Post which outlines his opinion on Hamas's 'win-win' strategy of using human shields.

He expects other terrorist organisations to copy it as it has proven so affective.

Hmm... you're right - no video clip. Well, if you'll translate the page with Google translate - it hold a transcript of most of his sayings.

There are links on the Internet saying the claims are not true.

Yep, conflicting reports now. What is not disputed was their order to all Christians in Mosul last Friday (after burning down Mosul Cathedral) to convert to Islam, flee or die. Lovely.

In other news, big riots on the West Bank last night in response to Gaza situation. If that places goes off too the Izzies are going to have a real problem on their hands.

Jordan is a key ally, both US and UK would deploy troops if they were in serious trouble - and it's got cock all to do with oil.

Â