Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I do think we'll see the physical side of his game a bit more as he gets more familiar with the league, his tackling definately hasnt been as good as i've seen before but his passing and awareness have been better than I expected.

I just want him in the middle of the park, getting on the ball as much as possible. In the space of a few games, he's probably my favourite player already.

He doesn't come across to me as a tackler. more as a person who harries players off the ball.

You don't need to crunch in with a bone-shattering challenge to be good off the ball.

Everyone who was claiming that Makoun is player like NRC were completely out of football knowledge. His strengths are not as required for playing DMC. His strengths were/are passing, creativity and vision. In France, his stamina was enough to be box-to-box there, but just not enough for PL yet. You will see that he will be our either best creative or box-to-box player (he needs to gain more fitness to accomodate PL). My prediction is the first option - he will be our best creative player in MC position.

They were out of knowledge more than likely because they hadn't properly watched him other than a few grainy clips from youtube.

VT loves a comparison (including me)

Haha. Arsenal play the football that I would love Villa to play. We have some players that fit in to the mould, but some are lacking.

OT but we need Walker to stay, a left footed Walker to be made and two footballing CB

I love Makoun's passing ability, but he's made the grand total of about 4 tackles in three games. I've got high hopes therefore that he'll form a partnership with Bradley. They'll be like Petrov and NRC, only much, much better. Hopefully.

Aye. He's nothing like the player we thought we were getting and in time that memory will fade and hopefully we'll still be left with the fantastic passer of the ball and the link man we see today.

He's not so much an 'exciting' player, but he is very pleasing on the eye.

I did envisage him to be more of a combative midfielder too but that's our fault because none of us knew a massive amount about him and had watched him regularly.

I think him and Petrov should definitely be first choice for now - Petrov can handle the more defensive duties with Makoun giving him a good outlet due to his positional sense.

He doesn't come across to me as a tackler. more as a person who harries players off the ball.

You don't need to crunch in with a bone-shattering challenge to be good off the ball.

Unless your Stuart Downing :)

:lol:

Amen to that, brother!

We're brill us Villa fans, already moaning about him, give him a chance, its only been a couple of games

I don't think many are moaning.

I just get the impression that we thought we were getting a poor-mans-Essien but actually we're getting a poor-mans-Fabregas.

I'm not gonna moan about that!!

Â