Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Ultimately, Makouns is 2.5 games into his Villa career. There's going to be a) a settling period and B) an inability to predict his level of success with any real accuracy until said settling period is over. We've seen glimpses of what we hope he can and we hope he will learn not to do. Swinging the gavel of judgement on him at this point (whether it be pro or con) is a wee bit silly.

Ive seen enough already to see that hes ten times the player Petrov is. Maybe when we try sombody else in CM, hopefully Bradley next game, then the Petrov fan club will see what an utter waste of space he is.

He is so detrimental to the way we play its unreal. How certain people dont see this is just **** outrageous.

Makoun has been class since he got here, and i mean top class. Some of the best midfield displays ive seen from a Villa CM in a long long time. He just needs somebody to complement him.

I think Bradley will be good because he is a battler. Will win the ball then give it to Makoun, who can pick a pass and make things happen. Id actually look at playing him further up the pitch. Something like

--------------Bent---------------

Downing----Makoun------Young

--------NRC-------Bradley-------

Makoun has had a great start HOWEVER people on here are too quick to blame the defence and goalkeeper for us conceding.

Look at the midfield, against wigan the tracking back.was poor by all the midfield, this leaves the defence stretched and vulnerable.

Yesterday petrov wasn't great, far from it but he totally stifled his opposite number. Makoun on the other hand played lovely football but didn't track sidwell. Sid must have had 6 shots from edge of area with no one near him, its no wonder one of these led to a goal!!

The midfield need to start pulling their weight and helping out the defence!!

Ultimately, Makouns is 2.5 games into his Villa career. There's going to be a) a settling period and B) an inability to predict his level of success with any real accuracy until said settling period is over. We've seen glimpses of what we hope he can and we hope he will learn not to do. Swinging the gavel of judgement on him at this point (whether it be pro or con) is a wee bit silly.

Ive seen enough already to see that hes ten times the player Petrov is. Maybe when we try sombody else in CM, hopefully Bradley next game, then the Petrov fan club will see what an utter waste of space he is.

He is so detrimental to the way we play its unreal. How certain people dont see this is just **** outrageous.

Agree Stu, Ive been moaning about him for the past few seasons, hes so slow to move the ball on that we lose all impetus in a break or move. Let alone he's not physically able to play at the top level anymore, I think my Nan is more athletic than him!

Makoun is everything he is not, he's such an intelligent passer, knows when to do what, when to move it on quickly and when to take a few touches,and when he does pass it always finds a man! He also looks like he's got a good engine on him.

I think once Bradley comes into the side, we'll see him as the anchor/defensive one and Makoun playing with a bit more freedom

With the quick brain/feet he has he'd be far better suited to getting up and around the box

Makoun is total quality. I doubt he is the type we want to be playing DM though. I would much prefer to see him further forward as his passing his fantastic. The volleyed pass from a bouncing ball out to Downing for our first goal was beyond anything our other CM's could come up with.

I would like to see him as the passer in the team with Bradley in behind him doing the donkey work. Be nice to see Bannan in the attacking midfielder role.

Makoun in the first half yesterday was simply sublime. He was AWESOME!

However, as the game went on he started to fade in terms of tracking back and little passes going astray etc... however, if we find a consistent first half Makoun we will be looking at a player far far better than Milner.

1st game - Brilliant till he got booked.

2nd Game - brilliant.

3rd game - brilliant till he got booked.

Hes too scared to get sent off! Backs out of challenges.. which is probably wise but it affects his performance.

1st game - Brilliant till he got booked.

2nd Game - brilliant.

3rd game - brilliant till he got booked.

Hes too scared to get sent off! Backs out of challenges.. which is probably wise but it affects his performance.

For someone who only attempted 3 tackles all game I can't see it affecting his game that much...

Bent made more tackles, so for anyone to say "it's not his game" is talking tosh.

Houllier said Ireland need to learn to to track back, and he's right, we cant afford to leave Petrov or whoever else to mop everything up!

Makoun is class, anyone who disagrees is obviously anti Houllier. You can tell he is a lot better than anything else we have in midfield, some of the one touch through balls into space he made yesterday were quality and it's not his fault Petrov is so slow and negative minded that he has to track back just incase. If we had a CDM in midfield who could work next to him, similar to NRC, he would be allowed to play the game he wants, not sit back and protect Petrov.

Makoun is class, anyone who disagrees is obviously anti Houllier. You can tell he is a lot better than anything else we have in midfield, some of the one touch through balls into space he made yesterday were quality and it's not his fault Petrov is so slow and negative minded that he has to track back just incase. If we had a CDM in midfield who could work next to him, similar to NRC, he would be allowed to play the game he wants, not sit back and protect Petrov.

I'm not anti-Houllier. But neither am I anti-Petrov. Time will tell but I'm yet to be convinced that Makoun is any better than Bannan.

I'm not anti anything, why can't I have one opinion independent of another? I think it's a good signing, he's just being used wrong. At this moment he should be infront of two defensive midfielders until (if) he learns to track back and tackle.

Â