Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I always saw Makoun more as an advanced playmaker rather than him sitting deep like he was here. He can definitely spot a pass and he's quite an intelligent footballer. I reckon he'd flourish in an attacking MC / AMC role.

As others have said, thought he looked a tidy player who was comfortable on the ball. Was surprised he was shipped out (maybe AMC under pressure to lower wages?).

Hope he comes back and holds his own.

I always saw Makoun more as an advanced playmaker rather than him sitting deep like he was here. He can definitely spot a pass and he's quite an intelligent footballer. I reckon he'd flourish in an attacking MC / AMC role.

Remember a few flashes of brilliance. A few very tasty through balls to Bent which we're just sublime. Shame he was cast aside as IMHO 90% of overseas players take a season to sdjust to the physical side of the Premier league. Really looking forward to seeing him back in action.

Welcome to Villa Jean :lol:

He's coming back!

how do you know m8?

i got it...

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

Told yesterday at #AVFC that Bent won't be sold, that Lambo backs himself to get N'Zogbia going and that Makoun coming back for new chance

thanks mate

It's been reported by most journalists after discussions with PL yesterday who has told them that Makoun will get a chance in pre-season.
As far as I can see it's only been reported by James Nursey - whether he qualifies for the title "journalist" is a matter of debate. :winkold:

Having said that, Makoun is under contract to us and his loan with Olympiakos has finished so obviously he will come back. The precise wording used by Nursey is that Makoun "is set for a recall and will be given a chance to stake his claim in pre-season." That's hardly a scoop, although it perhaps suggests Olympiakos haven't put in a bid for him as was mooted at times last season.

Let's hope Lambert can get him up to speed for playing in the Premiership - last time he was with us he looked way off the pace.

Â