Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

How can he be at fault for a tackle he didn't make. He withdrew his foot, quite sometime before Jagielka decided to have a little dive. Perhaps he shouldn't have stuck his foot out but by the time Jagielka was next to him, he had pulled his foot in and the guy simply dived.

To me he looks like he has the potential to be a very good player BUT he needs to do a couple of things:

- get his tackling sorted out, but this probably means getting up to speed with the Premier League and its pace; and

- not try to play every ball first time i.e. learn to hold on to it on occasion.

The issue we have is that both of these will come with games and we do not have that luxury at the minute. I would play him in a three but I would have Delph and NRC as my first choice if we are going with a 2 man CM again.

If he hadn't stuck his foot out there would have been no decision to make. As I said it was stupid, he forced the ref to make a decision (which he got wrong).

Saying 'It's not fair' doesn't change that fact, or the fact he has been poor sice he arrived and shouldn't be in the first team, which was the actual point of the post and the same point I made 3 weeks ago. He has done nothing to warrant a first team place ahead of other squad members.

If he hadn't stuck his foot out there would have been no decision to make. As I said it was stupid, he forced the ref to make a decision (which he got wrong).

He didnt stick his foot out. Jagielka kicked Makoun while he was half way to ground. Blatant simulation.

its not his fault, he withdrew his foot, jagielka tripped himself up, the lino signalled no foul, the ref gave a foul, then strangely didnt send him off which by my logic means the ref knew afterwards he'd **** up

THIS!

Saying 'It's not fair' doesn't change that fact, or the fact he has been poor sice he arrived and shouldn't be in the first team, which was the actual point of the post and the same point I made 3 weeks ago. He has done nothing to warrant a first team place ahead of other squad members.

Except he hasn't been poor since he arrived. You obviously have a very strange agenda.

His performances have been much better than anyone else in our squad could have achieved; he has began goal scoring moves with vital interceptions as well as completing nigh on 100 passes against Manchester United. It's been a long time since we've had a deep-lying player who can play a forward pass.

Those jumping on his back for the odd poor game he has had are obviously so blinded with their hate for Houllier they're looking to pick at any potential fault. I haven't seen one convincing argument yet as to why he shouldn't play (beyond the dull 'he can't tackle' nonsense). Delph obviously escapes the criticism for his shoddy performance against Bolton for some reason unknown.

Give the guy a break.

Those jumping on his back for the odd poor game he has had are obviously so blinded with their hate for Houllier they're looking to pick at any potential fault.

This is the only conclusion I can come to. Their arguments that tantamount to 'it wasnt a penalty but its Makoun's fault any way' beggars belief.

So another of the great signings we made in January (the signings that people were saying made up for a lot under Houllier) not actually performing as well as people first thought?

Bradley

Makoun

Heard murmurings about Bent also not showing what he is made of.

All points to Houllier

So another of the great signings we made in January (the signings that people were saying made up for a lot under Houllier) not actually performing as well as people first thought?

Bradley

Makoun

All points to Houllier

Yes, 5 in 9. The shame.

Except he hasn't been poor since he arrived. You obviously have a very strange agenda.

His performances have been much better than anyone else in our squad could have achieved; he has began goal scoring moves with vital interceptions as well as completing nigh on 100 passes against Manchester United. It's been a long time since we've had a deep-lying player who can play a forward pass.

Those jumping on his back for the odd poor game he has had are obviously so blinded with their hate for Houllier they're looking to pick at any potential fault. I haven't seen one convincing argument yet as to why he shouldn't play (beyond the dull 'he can't tackle' nonsense). Delph obviously escapes the criticism for his shoddy performance against Bolton for some reason unknown.

Give the guy a break.

Let's face it, he hasn't established himself as a commanding and dominant figure in the midfield. He has shown some flashes of skill but quite a lot of naivety. He doesn't look quite up to the pace of the premier league yet and he really really needs to get his head around this business of committing fouls. Maybe players in Ligue 1 don't try to win penalties/free kicks when the opportunity arises, in which case he has a lot to learn about how to conduct himself when tackling in midfield. As I've said before, I don't think a relegation dogfight is the time or place to introduce him to our league.

Now, tell me kindly, which bit of that analysis is blinded with hate for Houllier? :P

Give the guy a break.

Let's face it, he hasn't established himself as a commanding and dominant figure in the midfield. He has shown some flashes of skill but quite a lot of naivety. He doesn't look quite up to the pace of the premier league yet and he really really needs to get his head around this business of committing fouls. Maybe players in Ligue 1 don't try to win penalties/free kicks when the opportunity arises, in which case he has a lot to learn about how to conduct himself when tackling in midfield. As I've said before, I don't think a relegation dogfight is the time or place to introduce him to our league.

Now, tell me kindly, which bit of that analysis is blinded with hate for Houllier? :P

That's a fair assessment mate and I have no problem with that, but I do think those that are unconditionally slating him totally ignore anything good he's done for us. Add to that the fact that we have no one that could do any better and there you go.

Bradley

Makoun

All points to Houllier

I've also heard 'murmurings' about Walker, too. Conspiracy.

Heard murmurings about Bent also not showing what he is made of

Given that you are posting such comment must mean you havent seen any of the games much. Therefore your opinions on Bradley and Makoun not living up to expectation must also be hearsay.

But surely by the stat of 5 goals in 9 games, in what you would freely admit is a team very much struggling, is indication that those murmurings are in fact horse shit.

I've heard murmurings that Houllier is loved by all the players. Now you could take that as horse shit or that I have in fact made such murmurings up.

Bradley

Makoun

All points to Houllier

I've also heard 'murmurings' about Walker, too. Conspiracy.

conveniently left out for him . :lol:

Bradley

Makoun

All points to Houllier

Just the Houllier signings then Tricky?... :D

Bradley

Makoun

All points to Houllier

Yes, 5 in 9. The shame.

he has been superb on the whole

Heard murmurings about Bent also not showing what he is made of

Given that you are posting such comment must mean you havent seen any of the games much. Therefore your opinions on Bradley and Makoun not living up to expectation must also be hearsay.

But surely by the stat of 5 goals in 9 games, in what you would freely admit is a team very much struggling, is indication that those murmurings are in fact horse shit.

I've heard murmurings that Houllier is loved by all the players. Now you could take that as horse shit or that I have in fact made such murmurings up.

You need to calm down a bit.

What have I said here ? I have said there have been murmurings from people that they feel Bent is not performing added to the other two of Makoun and Bradley sort of reduces the hype that Houllier had had a brilliant January for transfers.

Â