Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

People are not cutting the lad much slack. Patrice Evra's debut for Utd against city was the worst debut I have ever seen. i can't understand people having a go based on the wigan game.

So, you say that Evra's debut was the worst you've ever seen but by inference he turned out to be a good player (few would disagree). Why is it then, when I say Makoun had an awful debut, I'm having a go? Can he simply not have had an awful debut?

He could have but that's the thing about opinion it's personal. I thought he looked a little lost and that although not a great debut it was far from awful.

His little inter plays and short passing were there to see, as was his willingness to get stuck in. He got caught by the pace of the game, pulled a player down - and rightfully so as they would have been on a break - and then seemed to play well within himself to avoid a red.

On the basis of his 4 appearances so far I'd say we've got a good player who will fit in well with the style Houllier obviously is trying to instil.

Think your just bitter about him Bicks as he will replace your favourite player Petrov ;).

He was clearly carrying an injury against Wigan as he wasnt moving very freely at all.

:lol: I hope that it isn't the case. Makoun will clearly be able to do a much better job than Petrov in any position he's required to play.

It's interesting to see how our midfield will take shape in the next season.

Think your just bitter about him Bicks as he will replace your favourite player Petrov ;).

He was clearly carrying an injury against Wigan as he wasnt moving very freely at all.

:lol: I hope that it isn't the case. Makoun will clearly be able to do a much better job than Petrov in any position he's required to play.

It's interesting to see how our midfield will take shape in the next season.

Hoping we get Sissoko in there as a replacement for NRC if he doesnt stay with a midfield 3 of Bradley Makoun and Sissoko.

Vidic was crap for his first 6 months here, countless foreign players have looked poor early on and then a year later look world beaters in this league.

Makoun imo has looked pretty good in all 4 games he's played for us before tiring a bit or launching into silly lunges.

Same, Man City should be a write off really anyway, I think we can win it tbh as they will have to rest players with their fixture list and we're on a high. But i wouldn't be distraught if we lost it. Bolton I think we can win anyway aslong as we stop Sturridge from getting the ball (he might be in two minds about scoring vs us anyway :P) then Makoun is back.

Personally I think these are 2 games where Petrov, NRC (for Man City) and Delph, NRC (Bolton) might be better options anyway as MC needs a more defensive approach, which Makoun hasn't quite got for this league yet and Delph deserves a chance at Makouns role vs Bolton.

I don't think the break will do him good.

Whilst impressive, he seemed to lack some match fitness and was still getting used to the league. The way to improve that is to get a good run of games under his belt.

The break will set him back if anything, imo.

2 more now I think.. personally I think this break will do him some good.

Why?

Had a tough time of it or summit?

Tops it all off....

I agree with Mr. Stevo, this won't do him much good ftiness-wise. Do him good wuith regards to stupid tackles though (hopefully)

Oh and add Nasri, Drogba, Malouda, etc to the list of foreigners struggling in the PL early on.

Why?

Gives him a few weeks training with the squad getting up to speed without being in the middle of a game to settle in. He'd only been here about 3 weeks when he got sent off, not enough time to settle imo (neither is 6 but its better)

Works both ways Stevo, think the break will help him settle into the lifestyle, since he's joined it's been non-stop for him, new language, new culture etc.

you can settle into anything on those wages.

Ask Juan Pablo Angel! As we weren't exactly great at helping him settle into our club.

Why?

Gives him a few weeks training with the squad getting up to speed without being in the middle of a game to settle in. He'd only been here about 3 weeks when he got sent off, not enough time to settle imo (neither is 6 but its better)

Nah its bollox imo. He got sent off cos he made a total arse of it. Not cos hed not settled in properly.

Agreed that obv the more time you spend the greater your involved in the team spirit, but hes a 27 year old professional footballer with champions league experience coming into..... a football team.

Not as if hes been asked to carry out a field survey on Jupiter!!

got nothing against the guy, and im sure and hope hel be a strong player for us but that tackle was undefendable, and I expect him to be firing on all cylinders come his return.

Why?

Nah its bollox imo. He got sent off cos he made a total arse of it. Not cos hed not settled in properly.

Agreed that obv the more time you spend the greater your involved in the team spirit, but hes a 27 year old professional footballer with champions league experience coming into..... a football team.

Not as if hes been asked to carry out a field survey on Jupiter!!

got nothing against the guy, and im sure and hope hel be a strong player for us but that tackle was undefendable, and I expect him to be firing on all cylinders come his return.

Having not adjusted to the pace of the Premier League had everything to do with it.

Â