Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Gabby is jsu useless out wide, he needs to go up top or come off, its a complete waste of a player and means we have no option on the left. Can we just put Downing back out there, he was amazing against Manure there.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makoun has played some brilliant passes, dont see why people calling for him to be taken off.. he's not going to get the pace and taking him off after 45 mins wont be great for confidence. Id agree he needs support for this game in Midfield though. 2 subs at half time? no, ridiculous.

-------------Friedel

Cuellar-Collins-Dunne-Baker

----NRC--Makoun-Downing

Albrighton-------------Young

--------------Bent

Is what I would do next, no point risking Petrov in Midfield, Gabby looks vacant (not his fault! again..) Young not an SS. Possibly then bring Petrov on with 20 minutes to go for Makoun and possibly then go back to 4-2-3-1 if we can spearhead an attack.

Im shocked at how empty the stadium is! Te game itself is alot tighter than i expected, reckon it will really open up 2nd half which is when hopefully our better fitness and sub bench options will come into play.

Agbonlahor off he isnt a winger especially a left sided winger or play him up front alongside Bent or replace him with Heskey

Get young back on the wings we have a better balance

Or bring Petrov on and play 3 in the middle and have more steele in the side but then run the risk of Makoun picking up a second yellow then again i think Houllier will do none of the above and bring on Albrighton at some stage to probs replace Agbonlahor

Few observations

Bent probably shoulf of bagged a goal making some decent runs

Baker is holding his own well

Downing should have squared it

Makoun looks promising with some nice touches

Think Reo Coker and especially Cuellar have been superb Cuellar looks so much better on the ball at the minute

We're not playing terrible, getting into some good positions but our wingers are wasteful. Don't understand why we can't get the ball down and keep possession a bit, when we do we look a good side.

Makoun started very well, but didn't have much to do last 20, everything was down NRC's side. Makoun's doing the stuff Petrov does but quicker and better, his awareness is good. he'll probably tire 2nd half and Petrov will have to come on.

Baker looks solid if unspectacular, stronger and quicker than Clark.

well that has to be one of the WORST performances by downing for a long time, **** hell you negative tool, STOP turning back in side and passing it back to collins on the turn who HAS to pass it back to the keeper due to being put is a **** stupid position.

STOP breaking down EVERY **** attacking move and then slowing the whole **** thing down and STOP booting the **** ball over the **** bar.

for **** SAKE.

gabby, is he playing? we may as well put petrov on and downing on THE LEFT if we are not going to use gabbys pace.

we should have got 2 goals by now but through 1 player in stuart' **** play on the left youfucking cock' downing **** EVERYTHING up and gabby seeing less of the ball than stevie **** wonder we are playing 2 players short.

it needs swapping round, it doesnt take a **** genius, either take gabby off and get albrighton on and put downing at LEFT wing or just simply swap downing to the LEFT and gabby to the right.

i will say makoun is looking pedestrian in the middle, i think he may come off in a while although we dont want to knock his confidence we cant afford to let them walk through the middle of us time after time.

gabby on down the right and keep feeding him the ball, he will skin fingerherhole who should get his second yellow.

then swap gabby for albrighton who can actuall pass the ball into the danger area.

a suprising lack of energy in the middle of the park from us.

young is doing well as is NRC , Bent should have got 1 cuellar doing the business.

come on biys for **** sake lets get a **** win, i would rather take the points against teams we are closer to than man city if it was either - or .