Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Selly Oak on the money :!:

Almost done but going to be a long night . I have been on this pc since I got in biggest signing since Dean Saunders for me . Massive deal this don't think we will realise how big it is until next season .

Whenever is he not spot on? I knew he was on the money ever since he mentioned that Bulgarian RB lol! As i work in Manc, some Utd fans think it is a similar signing to when they signed Andrew Cole, a great player for club but never given a chance on an International level.

Almost done but going to be a long night . I have been on this pc since I got in biggest signing since Dean Saunders for me . Massive deal this don't think we will realise how big it is until next season .

:!:

Unfortunately to get a big signing we have to pay a premium and this was always going to be the case for a goalscorer. I said on here before we had 20m budget for a goalscorer and seems that way now. But the fee is 19m not 24

Anymore in the pipe line MM??

Is this our marquee signing? if so, great. I just hope he isn't a flop if he comes here for that price.. i'm pretty sure he won't be as his career stats says so (different clubs too) plus with albrighton, downing and ash whipping in the crosses I can see him getting a couple of goals... but at the price I always have that concern and pray to god he isn't a flop.

This is what Collymore was saying on Talksport, there is no guarantee he will bang in the goals. Also if the money spent now means no more now or in the summer for other areas then it's a BIG gamble. The pressure will be on Bent from day one to deliver.

Of course lots of 'ifs'

But also now we are hearing the wages involved. Hmmmm.