Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are too predictable i feel, try to play abit and end up panicing and looking for carew.

i think a lot of our problems come from lack of movement in CM. We end up having to boot it up because no one wants the ball in CM.

Agree. Thats why I think DJ has to stay in there. I would bring Bannan on for Petrov as well and go:

---------------- NRC --------------

--- Bannan --------------- DJ ----

Albie ------------------------- Gab

---------------- Fonz --------------

Any one know where Delph is?

I presume he is not match fit. He got an hour against Spurs and Man City after being out injured for almost a year. Throwing him into a 10000mph derby game is probably not the best idea.

We are too predictable i feel, try to play abit and end up panicing and looking for carew.

i think a lot of our problems come from lack of movement in CM. We end up having to boot it up because no one wants the ball in CM.

This, absolutely this!!!!!

You all say..we need a striker we need a striker. Don't be so bloody daft, we have hit the crossbar 3 times the strikers are doing their jobs and have just been unfortunate. It is all about CM which is where GH is sorting out with Makoun etc. Petrov and Reo-coker just aren't talented and confident enough to control and dominate midfield. Simples.

This is true aswell, i've noticed that quite a few times.

utter shit first half, downing? one of our best players doing **** all, no running, no chasing and drifting all over the middle of the park, slowely.

get out on the **** left hand side you lazy rocket polisher.

gabby? wtf? you are meant to be up front yet you are everywhere BUT up front. stay up **** front.

They've obviously been told to play there.

Exactly, Gabby has been wide left all game, Downing playing just off Carew.

Walker and Albrighton are effective together. Downing needs to play on the left and help Clark against Bently. Gabby up top and Carew off for either Bannan or Fonz

This.

Who gives a flying **** about Kenny Dalglish!

Richard Keys! :D

Downing needs to move left. Clark can use the help, but more importantly Downing pulls out of far too many challenges to play in the middle of the pitch.

The harder question is what to do after that. Bannan in the whole with 1 up front? Who? Two up front? Why? Nobody seems to do anything up there.

Actually, the most frustrating thing is the flopping morons in blue shirts. They have 15 flops for every shot.

Carew has been decent but Friedel's kicking has been atrocious. Carew is double teamed but has managed to get several flick-ons to Gabby.

Centre midfield is our weak link - just being bypassed by Collins and Dunne hoofing it. We just keep looking lost in the final third of the pitch. We need to just start backing ourselves and having a shot rather than trying to pass it on.

At this stage, while neither team needs a draw I'd accept a 0-0.

Tell you what sort of player we need in Midfield.

Someone like Ian Taylor. Unfortunately, this box-to-box player will now cost stupid money and the only two I can think of at the moment are Yaya Toure and Essien.

Delph and Makoun.

Derbyshire is **** terrible and Bentley is all fart no shit, they aren't going to score. Albrighton/Gabby are going to win this for us, just play Gabby up front