415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking to myself today that we should be looking at 3 points from Man City, Wigan and Man U. Obviously I didn't think we would get the 3 points from this match. Would be chuffed to bits if we could get 3 more points at Wigan.

5 points off Europe - what crisis?
Currently 13 points off Europe. If Arsenal win the League Cup then we'll currently be 12 points off Europe. If a CL side wins the FA Cup then we'll be 5 points off Europe, but not at the moment.

if we beat Wigan next week things will look a whole lot nicer.

the week after it's pretty much the top half vs the bottom half of the table.

if we can get a point (wishful thinking) at United, then it's actually looking very rosy.

Houllier is doing a great job. Hes identifying where we need to strengthen and hes taking decisive action. This transfer window has been the most productive in years - both transfers in, and transfers out.

The muppets who were calling for his head 3 months into his reign have gone awfully quiet, and i aint surprised. A bit of patience is all thats needed.

Oh and i still aint happy about the title of this thread being changed by a certain moderator just to suit his point of view. It was originally called 'we NEED to get behind our manager'. I would like it changed back please.

Thanks.

Houllier is doing a great job. Hes identifying where we need to strengthen and hes taking decisive action. This transfer window has been the most productive in years - both transfers in, and transfers out.

The muppets who were calling for his head 3 months into his reign have gone awfully quiet, and i aint surprised. A bit of patience is all thats needed.

Oh and i still and happy about the title of this thread being changed by a certain moderator just to suit his point of view. It was originally called 'we NEED to get behind our manager'. I would like it changed back please.

Thanks.

:clap:

While I have never really wanted to see Houllier sacked after the previous Man City game I wouldn't have shed many tears for him had he been shafted - largely because it seemed he had lost the players and there was no way back. Slowly but surely though, it seems, he has begun to - if not win them over - establish an understanding with the squad that it's his way or the highway. The spirit is finally returning and it seems the players are finally starting to take ownership of their performances.

I never ever saw the point of sacking a coach mid-season , not unless the threat of relegation is real(which it was for a while to be fair to the 'sack him' brigade). He is one of those managers who takes time to get his ideas and working methods across to the players and get them playing the way he wants so the results and I am pleased to see that we are finally beginning to see it. Starting from Chelski , I see a more determined and dogged team that is prepared to fight for dear life and give as good as they get.

Pretty football can always come later once we are solid as a defensive unit.

A CB and a GK is still needed though and I am certain GH will delve into the market for reinforcements again.

And yeah , Bent was exactly what we needed , a finisher who can put away the shit load of chances we create most matches. We haven't been exactly stingy in creating opportunities and I am certain if we had a good finisher like Bent in the first half of the season , we would be much higher up the table.

A UEFA cup place will be a tough ask but we can definitely finish in the top half this season and build on it. A cup win would be awesomeness itself.

Just wondering if we could re-start the poll?" I'd be interested to see how that percentage has changed now.

No point in doing that mate, fans are fickle entities. It will keep swinging with each result. An end of the season poll would be more reflective I believe.

He's not getting sacked so for me there's no point doing anything but supporting him. I always said that a new manager needs to show somethin early on so when things are bad fans are patient with him, houllier has shown his skills in the transfer Market and now he needs to follow up the win yesterday with more good performances.

I still don't buy the excuses as to why we're in this position. Why haven't we been able to defend like that till this point? Why is it only in the last few games have we shown some sort of fighting spirit?

Â