Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

I have just sent this to the club:

"Please pass this email on to the Chief Executive.

Mr Faulkner,

It is simple to say that no one man is bigger than this football club as proven by our most successful manager for a decade - Martin O'Neill - being forced to leave in the summer and rightly so.

With that in mind, it is time to relieve Mr Houllier of his duties as the Manager of Aston Villa. You have no duty to ensure that this man is backed to turn what is clearly a debacle around, you have a duty to ensure that this football club remains at the top end of English football. Our identity is fading, we are an easy team to beat and a measly resemblance of the team that proudly stepped on the turf of Wembley twice last season.

There is no time but now to act. We have a proud history, as is forever mentioned by the board under the great tutelage of Mr Lerner, so I will trust that you do the right thing.

I appreciate that one fans voice does not represent the collective, but if you review the Villa community at websites such as VillaTalk, you will find a 0% approval rating currently for Mr Houllier.

I thank you for your time, I would happily converse with any representative of Aston Villa about my thoughts and opinions.

Sincerest regards

Jonathan Lockett"

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has to be sacked pronto , you can see the cancer in the team that is spreading.

For starting robert Pires behind Carew vs arsenal , for having the worst record in the prem over the last 14 games .

Do it now while we have a chance.

No, but this manager is good enough, he'll bring in fancy named players so we'll be ok, you know he won the league in france with a Lyon team that a monkey could have won it with so he's a gret manager.. great at setting up youth teams also..**** bite me Ged the Red you useles bollox!!

I'm prepared to give him this window so we see who he brings in. If its a load of shit or he loses at Blues, he's ****. There is no way that he'll be accepted if he loses to the scum. This board will go in to apoplectic rage if that happens. Randy needs to fully understand the hate we have for them.

The sickening thing is I really thought we'd turned a corner against Chelsea but the truth is we were really just two minutes from losing 3-2 and luckily got a good equaliser from shit Chelsea defending.

A message to Randy. My daughter was born today and it has been an awesome day. Complete my day and sack Houllier. I can't back him any more.

Congrats :) Lifts the gloom..

"]Where's the PR machine, sorry i mean the general when you need him, guessw we wont be seeing him for a very long time, houllier has to and go now, if he stays we are going down, lets go for Moyes, he is at everton and knows he has no money and doesnt look happy about it, or is it more PR bullshit that we have funds available, cos if we do i wouldnt trust that french prick to spend it :-).

i shall not be going for the rest of the season, one wasted season ticket:-), call me frickle but i can't sit there and watch my beloved team go down and sadly we are and the sooner we accept this the easier it might be.

this. when football questions are asked, he **** off.

Mr Faulkner,

It is simple to say that no one man is bigger than this football club as proven by our most successful manager for a decade - Martin O'Neill - being forced to leave in the summer and rightly so.

With that in mind, it is time to relieve Mr Houllier of his duties as the Manager of Aston Villa. You have no duty to ensure that this man is backed to turn what is clearly a debacle around, you have a duty to ensure that this football club remains at the top end of English football. Our identity is fading, we are an easy team to beat and a measly resemblance of the team that proudly stepped on the turf of Wembley twice last season.

There is no time but now to act. We have a proud history, as is forever mentioned by the board under the great tutelage of Mr Lerner, so I will trust that you do the right thing.

I appreciate that one fans voice does not represent the collective, but if you review the Villa community at websites such as VillaTalk, you will find a 0% approval rating currently for Mr Houllier.

I thank you for your time, I would happily converse with any representative of Aston Villa about my thoughts and opinions.

Sincerest regards

Jonathan Lockett"

I agree wth the sentiment of your email. However, you've sent it to the wrong man. That fooking tool Paul Faulkner is just as big of a problem as Houllier. Randy looks to Faulkner for support/advice and we all know Faulkner is a fuckig idiot who couldn't run a bath never mind our football club.

I'm going to stick my neck out....I still don't think he should go.

I am absolutely gutted to see us in the relegation zone and feel sick that we lost tonight. However, I watched the game closely and actually felt pretty confident at half time; we could have been two up. It was clear that the players were nervy but I felt that a goal would come and that Sunderland weren't posing too much of a threat. My only real concern was Gabby and Ash playing in the positions that they were, it is clear that Ash needs to play on the wing and Gabby up front. I thought about it at halftime and wondered if it is perhaps the case that Houllier is pandering to Ash's desire to play up front in an effort to persuade him to stay. Nonetheless, I thought that perhaps they may swap during the second half. I didn't feel that Houllier should introduce any subs - I couldn't see how he could risk accommodating Albrighton - too risky defensively to take off Petrov or Reo-Coker, the only option I thought about was Downing - but it would have been a risk.

Then Heskey got sent off. That destroyed me, I knew at that point we wouldn't win. Heskey was playing really well again and at the centre of all of our chances. It **** things royally for Houllier, I imagine he felt at that point, as I did, that we should hold out for a draw. With that being the case, who could he bring on? Had he introduced Albrighton or Bannan at that point, prior to us conceding, then he would have been slated for defensively weakening an already weakened side. When we conceded, he took a gamble by throwing on Bannan and Albrighton - we nearly conceded again/

We knew it wasn't going to be an easy game, I don't think we lost it because of poor tactical decisions, we lost because of a moment of madeness from the otherwise excellent Mr. Em.

Yes, we are now in the relegation zone - I still don't think we will go down. I don't believe any serious pundits will be predicting that we will go down. One of the most glaring issues tonight was the lack of options on the bench - Houllier needs a chance to bring in some players this month, which he is in the process of doing. At the end of the season I've no doubt Randy will sit down and discuss things with him again. I am also convinced that regardless of fans baying for his blood Randy will not sack him now. I actually think that if he goes we will be less likely to strengthen this January and therefore more likely to go down. Who would we replace him with....Big Sam...**** off.

When Houllier was appointed, I was geniunely excited. I saw a resumé of success, a man with a reputation across Europe for winning and for building footballing dynasties. He was, in my eyes, a footballing elder statesman. A gentleman amongst fools.

I would hope that, in the style of a gentleman, he sees that his position is untenable, does the honourable thing and offers to help the club recruit his replacement.

Mr Faulkner,

Sincerest regards

Jonathan Lockett"

I agree wth the sentiment of your email. However, you've sent it to the wrong man. That fooking tool Paul Faulkner is just as big of a problem as Houllier. Randy looks to Faulkner for support/advice and we all know Faulkner is a fuckig idiot who couldn't run a bath never mind our football club.

That's why I sent it to him. He is the one that is most likely to jump when scared...

I have always said to give GH time and a window, as I believed he had a way of playing and for whatever reasons it weren't working... I thought that he understood football in depth and knew how to prepare a team tactically before a game...

Today has totally changed my opinion, his inability to change the game was as frustrating as MON. The way we set out today was completely wrong and it was obvious after 20min. I was absolutely gobsmacked gabby was still playing on the left after half time and alby hadn't come on.

Absolutely terrible.

That's it for me, get him out.

I'm prepared to give him this window so we see who he brings in. If its a load of shit or he loses at Blues, he's ****. There is no way that he'll be accepted if he loses to the scum. This board will go in to apoplectic rage if that happens. Randy needs to fully understand the hate we have for them.

I thought that until tonight but I don't think we can get players in when we are struggling to avoid relegation and the manager is likely to get sacked. I was reluctantly backing the manager until tonights game but I think we have to bite the bullet and get rid now before its too late.

My prediction is we will have no more points than now by the time we have played Man U on 1 February. We need a manager to organise what we have got before then and maybe just maybe get a couple of loan players in.

"]Where's the PR machine, sorry i mean the general when you need him, guessw we wont be seeing him for a very long time, houllier has to and go now, if he stays we are going down, lets go for Moyes, he is at everton and knows he has no money and doesnt look happy about it, or is it more PR bullshit that we have funds available, cos if we do i wouldnt trust that french prick to spend it :-).

i shall not be going for the rest of the season, one wasted season ticket:-), call me frickle but i can't sit there and watch my beloved team go down and sadly we are and the sooner we accept this the easier it might be.

You're so frickle.

Well thats me gone now, i can't be putting up with terrible play like that anymore. It does show the distinct lack of footballing ability in our squad though, we can't pass the ball 5 yards and there is no tempo or intensity to our play. Bannan showed more quality on the ball after 10 seconds than the whole team did in the 90.

Until today I was willing to give him time but I think he is driving this club into the ground, it's not all his fault and I don't go back on what I said earlier, and no I'm not saying "Houllier out" but something needs to happen ASAP and whether that's Houllier, players, CEO... something needs to be done and quick because I seriously think we could get relegated.

Â