Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

37 goals conceded now this season. 39 in the whole of last season. Same players. Houllier really needs to get this sorted.

But, people don't want to give him time (and I admit my patience was wearing thin!) he cannot put everything right straight away and deal with an injury crisis.

I think the issue is whether there is much "wrong" to put "right" in the first place, other than that of GH's own creation.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also who says the management and staff sit down all game with no passion?

ept_sports_sow_experts-19667554-1293993821.jpg

hahaha look at the childish glee on Houllier's face. He looks like he just got a megadrive for christmas.

I don't know why but that's tickled me :lol::lol:

Lmao, yeah me too :-D

good game today, i was more happy that we where able to come from behind twice, i think this show's us more than anything else really. i think GH was looking at my posts this morning as i called the formation from the back line :) .tbf we shouldn't get ahead of our selfs GH isn't out of the woods imo, there was things today that he could have done better like taking Gabby off sooner.

tbf we shouldn't get ahead of our selfs GH isn't out of the woods imo, there was things today that he could have done better like taking Gabby off sooner.

Have a day off will ya Fran?? :winkold:

So pleased with the result today, and to be slightly disappointed we didnt get the win just shows how good we were.

Houllier spoke alot of good things about the spirit in the camp and said that after the man city game there was a realisation by everybody at the club that it just wasnt good enough, and everybody needs to be united.

Loved the celebrations aswell. Its been a long time coming and it was plain to see. Lerner went absolutely tits, as did Gary Mac, and you could tell how much it meant to Houllier. And i dont envy whoever it was underneath that lot when everybody piled on!! (probably Clark)

This could well be the turning point of our season. Lets get some new faces in and see if we can get some momentum going.

UTV.

A great point but only a point nonetheless. I'm delighted with it and although I didn't get to see the game delighted to hear about the spirit and fight in the display something sadly missing in recent weeks.

It isn't enough to change my view on Houllier but I will give him credit for a good result and its nice to have a positive to talk about after nothing but negative things for what seems like weeks.

It will take far more to convince me he is the right man but its a start.

Pretty much this for me too.

tbf we shouldn't get ahead of our selfs GH isn't out of the woods imo, there was things today that he could have done better like taking Gabby off sooner.

Have a day off will ya Fran?? :winkold:

So pleased with the result today, and to be slightly disappointed we didnt get the win just shows how good we were.

Houllier spoke alot of good things about the spirit in the camp and said that after the man city game there was a realisation by everybody at the club that it just wasnt good enough, and everybody needs to be united.

Loved the celebrations aswell. Its been a long time coming and it was plain to see. Lerner went absolutely tits, as did Gary Mac, and you could tell how much it meant to Houllier. And i dont envy whoever it was underneath that lot when everybody piled on!! (probably Clark)

This could well be the turning point of our season. Lets get some new faces in and see if we can get some momentum going.

UTV.

No, tbf he had the players well up for it today .they showed team spirit that i didnt think they still had ,lets hope they can go on a little bit of a run now and drive us up the table .there was something within the players today that i have not seen for a long time, right we didn't get the win that we'd have all loved but the players showed a will to get back in the game twice..

A great point but only a point nonetheless. I'm delighted with it and although I didn't get to see the game delighted to hear about the spirit and fight in the display something sadly missing in recent weeks.

It isn't enough to change my view on Houllier but I will give him credit for a good result and its nice to have a positive to talk about after nothing but negative things for what seems like weeks.

It will take far more to convince me he is the right man but its a start.

This, almost exactly. Work meant I couldn't see the match.

In short, I'm happy for the point but Houllier still needs to do considerably better than a point against Chelsea that appears to have been a bit last gasp to impress me.

It was an impressive performance, even against a somewhat out of sorts Chelsea. They were better than Chelsea 1st half, but tired 2nd half, which isn't surprising given the lack of match fitness in the team. They showed great heart in coming back twice to grab a point.

Just shows what a difference having our best and more experienced players on the pitch can make. It's not rocket science to know you don't do as well playing a team of youngsters and back ups. I think we'll kick on from here and finish near mid-table.

Just shows what a difference having our best and more experienced players on the pitch can make. It's not rocket science to know you don't do as well playing a team of youngsters and back ups. I think we'll kick on from here and finish near mid-table.

Even though the equaliser was a combination of two youth players in Albrighton and Clark? :P

I know what you mean though. I think Stan was a lot better today, we had a leader again in midfield, and credit to Dunne who played well, so probably another leader in defence too.

I think everyone should get behind him, i've been behind him anyway because I believe a lot of the problem was to do with the attitudes of certain players not wanting to embrace change, Houllier hasn't dealt with everything very well but today proved they will fight for him and for the club.

All I wanted to see today was some pride in what they were doing, and some belief and passion. They delivered all of that with a good game to boot.

Sunderland game is absolutely massive for the club and for Houllier.

What I liked about the setup today is it looked like a Villa team. Houllier got us playing some decent stuff at times but we mixed it up. Full of energy and drive which is half the battle that we haven't won recently. That bit is down to ourselves.

Don't get me wrong, Houllier has a lot of work to do but I can enjoy tonight (even though we could have won) as the players put in one hell of a shift and even though Chelsea are out of form a point at Stamford Bridge is a great result. More of the same please.

The next game is crucial, if we can build on this result then we have a chance, if we revert back to a poor performance/result then we are back to square one again.

Hopefully this is the turning point for us,we have to believe that it is.

People keep saying it's the same players, so why have they suddenley become shit ?

Well, PERHAPS it's because those same players haven't been trying ?

They wouldn't be the first players to decide to give less than they should because they don't like the manager. See Ramos at Spurs and their sudden transformation once they'd got him the sack

From what I can see/hear. Some players just haven't taken to the new hard work / discipline regime that's been bought in. In which case they're a **** joke and should be shown the door

That is unless they've finally realised they're paid to do a JOB and they don't make the decisions around the football club. They're paid to obey them

At last GH is able to pick his best side, or near as damn it.

Yeah, somthing MoN seemed almost determined to get wrong.

At least willing to give the youth a proper chance - not 5-10 minutes here and there.

Also the MoN 'favourites' club has disappeared - maybe why certain players are unhappy?? Everybody is on a level playing field now and thats good!!

Also the MoN 'favourites' club has disappeared - maybe why certain players are unhappy?? Everybody is on a level playing field now and thats good!!

Hmmmm, not sure about that. Ireland? Carew? Dunne until today. Let's see how things progress, but freezing players out is at least as bad as sticking with players regardless.

Â