Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Ha, just did a Prem predictor....had us finishing 10th....funny thing was, we only had 41 points!!

Wins: Fulham, Blackburn, Stoke, Wigan (all home)

draws: West Ham (a), West Brom (a), Wolves (h), Toon (h), Wigan (a), Blues (a), Sunderland (h), Blackpool (a), Liverpool (h)

Losses: United(a), City(h), Chelsea(a), Bolton(a), Everton(a), Arsenal(a).

Woooop!

1 point ahead of predictions.

Need probably 17-18 points for definite safety.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, today's performance has possibly exposed myself as a fickle moronic football fan. I have expressed serious discontent with GH, given all thats happened. However, it's difficult to want to continue calling for GH's head after he somehow mustered a performance out of the lads like that. Spot on today, 4 centre backs did very well. Would've preferred some earlier subs but our bench was awful in fairness.

Everyone is right to voice their opinion and concerns but I always felt it was important to give the manager as much time as possible before changes had to be made. I said 3 games, 4 points needed (or 3 draws if remain unbeaten) little positives if we draw today and lose our next two, he should still go but hopefully we really can build on this and bring a few positive results!

The good thing is, we only 3 games against any of the top 5 left out of our last 18 games.

Needs to be a win against Sunderland now I think. They are looking decent but at home if we can put in anywhere near the performance we did today we can win. Today proved we have some really good players at the club, with a bit of endeavour and effort that is how they can play.

A great point but only a point nonetheless. I'm delighted with it and although I didn't get to see the game delighted to hear about the spirit and fight in the display something sadly missing in recent weeks.

It isn't enough to change my view on Houllier but I will give him credit for a good result and its nice to have a positive to talk about after nothing but negative things for what seems like weeks.

It will take far more to convince me he is the right man but its a start.

Got a reaction from the players today after Tuesdays gutless tripe and you can ask no more than that. One swallow doesn't make a summer but theres a lot to be said for making a start. We now need to build on it as this will mean **** all if we lose against Sunderland.

Please keep this up Gerard and I'll be happy to eat that slice of humble pie.

We have a very good group of players and as mad as it sounds, given our current position, you get them all pulling the right direction and there is no reason we shouldn't be finishing top 8.

I do hope the manager is right when he says the equalizer signals the start of our season. The next couple of games will show if he is right I guess.

A great point but only a point nonetheless. I'm delighted with it and although I didn't get to see the game delighted to hear about the spirit and fight in the display something sadly missing in recent weeks.

It isn't enough to change my view on Houllier but I will give him credit for a good result and its nice to have a positive to talk about after nothing but negative things for what seems like weeks.

It will take far more to convince me he is the right man but its a start.

This, almost exactly. Work meant I couldn't see the match.

In short, I'm happy for the point but Houllier still needs to do considerably better than a point against Chelsea that appears to have been a bit last gasp to impress me.

im gonna say a big well done to houllier and dunne.

houllier has had a rough few weeks but this is the first proper time he has had a near enough strongest side and boy did we battle! tactics spot on. houllier a complete amsterstroke playing clark at lb, and gabby vs ferreria.

hopefully this is sign of things to come

dunne i have critised him alot lately but he stepped uo today ho[efully he can continue that. its shame collins was dire though

Now if we can just get a better manager, it shows this squad can still go places.

The squad is certainly easily good enough for top 8 especially given the standard of the league this season.

I would see finishing outside the top 8 as failure on the managers part.

Anything below 10th would be a monumental **** up in all fairness.

Good performance from the lads today.

Now if we can just get a better manager, it shows this squad can still go places.

Getting rid of Houllier now would not be a wise thing to do. Fair enough if the dreadful performances resume and today was just a blip then get rid, but today could've also been the start of the forming of a team. The team certainly showed togetherness today and I wouldn't want to try and disrupt a building process like that.

37 goals conceded now this season. 39 in the whole of last season. Same players. Houllier really needs to get this sorted.

But, people don't want to give him time (and I admit my patience was wearing thin!) he cannot put everything right straight away and deal with an injury crisis.

Â