Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reo Coker's was cynical, Petrov's was rash, Collins grabbed the referee, Friedel was just booked for dissent, Clark made 2 very strong cardable tackles

Gabby's was wrong

When he did less than Terry did... right up in the face of the ref. Eh!

I hope some official has a word with that ref and reminds him of just how much of a clown hes looking right now with all his bookings. Should remind him of damage limitation and ask him not to book anymore people!

Reo Coker was booked for lashing out, Ashley Cole does the same on Gabby (I think) no booking, not even a word with him.

Essien concedes a penalty makes another foul on Young whos heading towards goal albeit from a tight angle... nothing.

Good stuff so far. We have looked solid at the back and rather good going forward. Once again though, our delivery is lacking, although there have been more good balls than usual so far today.

Never should have been a pen for them and once again the ref has been a joke.

Essien could have been off for two bookable offences, yet hasn't even been booked. How did he not get booked when he gave away the pen at least?!

As much as I would dearly LOVE a win, or even a draw, the result today I dont feel is all that important. Were expected to lose, so that be it.

However, the performance is vital. We need to show the world our team is united again. Playing for each other, for the manager and of course for the fans. If we can show some bottle, some courage, some effort and a little bit of ability, it will be a confidence booster for the whole club and in my opinion go some way to banishing all the negativity around the place at the moment.

As for the match itself.... COME ON THE VILLA!

You know it's already half time don't you?

Absolutely i do. Im just saying we seem to be showing some bottle, which is more than can be said for the past months worth of performances.

Losing can be forgiven, if you are seen to try your utmost to prevent it.

As it is, were not losing, and trying our best. Happy days!

Only two players should have been booked so far, Petrov and Ferreira.

Friedel?

Clark?

Come on, mate. Friedel went over and gobbed off at the linesman and Clark put in two challenges in the space of five seconds which both looked bookable.

Did Collins get booked for dissent or for the challenge?

Good to see the experienced players in the team - it's what we've been crying out for.

We just need to make sure we keep 11 men on the pitch as we have a card happy ref (as long as the player making the foul is wearing claret and blue)

Come on Villa, we're half way there. Let's do this!

We're playing very well.

How the **** was Essien not booked. I thought it was never a penalty on Malouda either, he was backing right into Collins.

both were definite pens, cant see any other argument. stupid challenge by collins, went for a ball he couldnt win and came down on the players legs.