The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

Android hipsters are hilarious. I've had 6 versions of Iphone (3g, 3gs, 4, 4s, 6, 6s) and had one issue (4s overheating when I went to take photos).

I've had 7 or so android phones and issues with each one, and in particular Samsung being words removed to me.

I went: Iphone, Iphone,  Iphone, Iphone, Android (Samsung), Android (Nexus), Android (Nexus), Android (HTC One), Android Sony Xperia Z1, Android Sony Xperia Z2, Iphone 6, Iphone 6s) and the reason I went back to Iphone was because I was so fed up of faults.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

iPhones are good. Androids are good.

I find the whole tribal attitude towards phones hilarious in general.

TBH, I feel the same. There are some great phones out there and if Samsung hadn't have pissed me off, I'd have got the new Note. The stick I get for having Apple products is hilarious, at a meal with friends last night - 5 of us had Apple phones but the one who didn't spent the evening talking about how bad Apple are. Weird, I think it is each to their own. I will probably switch to Android again when I find one (model) I trust.

• Like 1

Phones and mobile OS's are pretty much on par feature and performance wise now.

For features iOS has always lagged Android and with the last couple of releases has caught up.

iOS was always more responsive due to the architecture difference but that's largely gone now because the hardware is so powerful.

As per the first post in this topic. This thread is only to be used to discuss Apple products. It would be wrong to suggest that It's a silo to help negate buyers' remorse.

Please start a separate thread if you'd like a rational or comparative discussion about Apple products.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I find the whole tribal attitude towards phones hilarious in general.

Not half!

Someone else bought a phone and liked it/thought it was a bit of a let down/decided it wasn't as good as the last one - the utter bastard! How dare they?

Currently got an iPhone 6S Plus... 3rd iPhone i've had. They're functional and reliable. I'll  probably pass on the new releases. 

May switch to Android next just for a change (and this time give it more of a chance). I've got a Samsung A5 work phone and its pretty good, albeit heavily locked down with Knox. 

The hate Apple seems to get from non Apple users is bizarre. You look at any comments section on tech blogs when there is an Apple launch and its full of hate. I just find it a bit sad and weird.

Edited by Xela

The only thing keeping me from getting an iPhone is the eyesore of having every single app you own on your homescreen with no option of doing anything different. Seems trivial but it's a huge dealbreaker for me. As well as the unresponsive (it could just be me) new home button.

All the other things people complain about seems silly to me: ie: "omg Android did x/y/z first"...as if they're the ones who created android. Imagine being a hipster for something you paid hundreds of dollars to a major corporation for :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The only thing keeping me from getting an iPhone is the eyesore of having every single app you own on your homescreen with no option of doing anything different. Seems trivial but it's a huge dealbreaker for me....

Maybe my ignorance, but I can move them around to other places (other screens) or put them in folders to hide them away...etc. or add stuff off the internets...etc.

3 hours ago, blandy said:
3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The only thing keeping me from getting an iPhone is the eyesore of having every single app you own on your homescreen with no option of doing anything different. Seems trivial but it's a huge dealbreaker for me....

Maybe my ignorance, but I can move them around to other places (other screens) or put them in folders to hide them away...etc. or add stuff off the internets...etc.

Right, but you have no choice but having a grid of apps on your homescreen, whether it's a bunch of folders or apps.

I like to keep my homescreen as uncluttered and useful  as possible, literally just have a date widget and a couple of folders on the entire screen. First world problems I know, but it's the one thing keeping me back from the iPhone.

21 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Right, but you have no choice but having a grid of apps on your homescreen, whether it's a bunch of folders or apps.

I like to keep my homescreen as uncluttered and useful  as possible, literally just have a date widget and a couple of folders on the entire screen. First world problems I know, but it's the one thing keeping me back from the iPhone.

You could put all the apps in 1 folder if you wanted couldn't you? Then it would be like the Android app drawer.

Â