The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

There are a few reasons that so many people take the WiFi iPad and get one of these things. Firstly its no secret that iPad 3G users get **** over with a shitty deal, the MiFi has a lot more options with the data plan you take, whether it is pay as you go or contract. Also there is that you can use the MiFi with anything you want if it can accept a WiFi signal. Its pretty sweet if you have a laptop too.

With a 3G ipad you can get a monthly contract with three for 10gb for £16

With the Mifi you have to pay £40 to buy it and £15 a month will only get you 2gb of data a month.

Seems your only saving £60 initially but then get less data per month. Or have I got it all wrong?

Where did you read that?I paid £39.99 for the mifi plus I got £24 cashback via quidco and £15 for 5GB data on a rolling contract. I rang up after month 1 to cancel was offered 15gb for the same money straight away.

link http://tinyurl.com/62jdpyo

Alternatively you can cancel after a month and it has still only cost you £54 and you can buy 3gb for 3 months cards off ebay for £6-7.

anyone else got problems with their i-phone not syncing Calendar appointments with outlook ? (I have the outlook plug in installed)

Looking on the interweb it seems to be a widespread issue but as of yet I haven't really seen anyone give a solution

problem is i couldn't say when it started happening so don't know if it's linked to an apple update or something installed on the PC

I have an unlocked 3g iPhone. I think Ultrasnow was used to unlock it but it seems that when inserting the sim card I am getting no signal and it just says 'No Service'.

I have an unlocked 3g iPhone. I think Ultrasnow was used to unlock it but it seems that when inserting the sim card I am getting no signal and it just says 'No Service'.

I think you need to uninstall it. It only works with certain basebands (it wil tell you which on the app tweak) you can check your baseband by going to settings and then general and clicking on about and scrolling down.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're dead set on sticking with the iphone I'd defo wait, the iphone 4 seems very dated in the current smartphone world. Both single core processor and 3.5 inch screen will be a thing of the iphone past soon.

You may have to wait until the autumn but there is a reason they are increasing advertising for the iphone 4, getting rid of stock at high prices before the new phone is released.

So my advice, have a look at the other phones on the market or wait for the iphone 5

Honestly don't get the iPhone 4 now for 2 reasons.

1) if you want one, and it's a very good phone, it'll quite a bit cheaper in Autumn when they release the iPhone 5.

2) The iPhone 5 like the other new phones this year are a very big step up, dual core processors, 4 inch and bigger screens, Better battery life etc..

Basically, the iPhone has an annual cycle, but not that many people really know that. People just want an iPhone and buy one when they feel like it. But if you want real advice, which is why you asked here I'm giving you my advice.

You're at the end of the iPhone 4 life cycle, a new one is coming out, they're trying to ship the rest of the iPhone 4 stock at the premium price before the new on is out. Don't be suckered, defo don't listen to Gingerlad, be patient and wait.

If you're gonna buy a new phone, best buy at the right time.

Honestly don't get the iPhone 4 now for 2 reasons.

1) if you want one, and it's a very good phone, it'll quite a bit cheaper in Autumn when they release the iPhone 5.

2) The iPhone 5 like the other new phones this year are a very big step up, dual core processors, 4 inch and bigger screens, Better battery life etc..

Basically, the iPhone has an annual cycle, but not that many people really know that. People just want an iPhone and buy one when they feel like it. But if you want real advice, which is why you asked here I'm giving you my advice.

You're at the end of the iPhone 4 life cycle, a new one is coming out, they're trying to ship the rest of the iPhone 4 stock at the premium price before the new on is out. Don't be suckered, defo don't listen to Gingerlad, be patient and wait.

If you're gonna buy a new phone, best buy at the right time.

The same annual cycle which is not really happening this year?

The new iPhones are usually released at the 'actual' annual Developers Conference in June, next month. This is not happening and is all about Lion instead and that will probably be released soon after.

The new iPhone is rumoured to be released in the final quarter, but nobody knows what it looks like, or what it does.

Unless all ofthese rumours are true, page after page of them, are they all going to be implemented?

Rainer as you can see these threads derail quickly. But that's my advice, new iphone will be out this year, so wait, if you don't want to wait have a look at the other brand new phones out. I'd advise against buying a year old iphone 4 at a still premium price, especially as you already have a 3GS.

I'd wait until the iphone 5 is out. Even if it's not much of an update, the iphone 4 is bound to drop in price, so even if you end up sticking with the iphone 4, it'll save you some cash.

Rainer as you can see these threads derail quickly. But that's my advice, new iphone will be out this year, so wait, if you don't want to wait have a look at the other brand new phones out. I'd advise against buying a year old iphone 4 at a still premium price, especially as you already have a 3GS.

Thanks mate, i think i will wait for the iphone 5 to come out then. Any rough idea on how much i may have to pay for the phone? If i remember correctly i paid about £180 for my iphone 3. No chance ill get a free upgrade?

No idea on the pricing, I'd say it'll be the same as the iphone 4 deals. But I don't know is the honest answer. Iphone 5 will be a big improvement I think from the 4. Think it'll defo have a 4 inch screen and the same dual core chip as the ipad 2. Your 3GS is fine until then.

I would imgine the ip5 will be released around November, Apple have announced there will be no new hardware introductions at the WWDC and will be based around ios 5 and the new mac os.

Your 3GS is fine until then.

I agree, the missus has both a 3gs and a 4. Personally I think the 3gs is much nicer in every way apart from the resolution of the screen. Wait for number 5.

Also they have a dual core in the iPad 2 it's a near certainty that the same chip will make it into the iPhone. I'm pretty sure the 4inch screen is nailed on too. The 3.5inch screen is very small in the current smartphone world the 4inch is the standard now in high end phones.

Thanks mate, i think i will wait for the iphone 5 to come out then. Any rough idea on how much i may have to pay for the phone? If i remember correctly i paid about £180 for my iphone 3. No chance ill get a free upgrade?

Once the iphone 5 is out, ring your phone company.

Ask them to be put through to disconnections.

When they ask why you're leaving tell them it's because *insert competitor's name here* will give you the new iphone for 50 quid.

They'll knock down the price. You won't get it for free, but they'll give you a discount.

Once the iphone 5 is out, ring your phone company.

Ask them to be put through to disconnections.

When they ask why you're leaving tell them it's because *insert competitor's name here* will give you the new iphone for 50 quid.

They'll knock down the price. You won't get it for free, but they'll give you a discount.

Sound advice, but what I would add is ensure the deal exists as you can guarantee the advisor will have all the available deals in front of them and call your bluff if its bollocks.

Â