Ashley Young: To Sell Or Let Walk

maqroll

Ashley Young: To Sell Or Let Walk  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Ashley Young: To Sell Or Let Walk

• Sell Him for a Fee
    • Let Him Walk on a Free

With Ashley dropping out of contact talks, it seems like the writing is on the wall. So is the smart move selling him while we can, or keeping his services during a difficult season and then letting him go on a free?

Perhaps a mod can put this in the main VT section?

Perhaps next time you can put it in the correct section yourself then ask a mod to open a poll, it would after all be the more polite and honest approach

Wow, I didn't know I was being so rude and dishonest!

Please accept my apologies...

I want him to stay and sign a new contract in the ideal world.. but that won't happen and with sidwell etc leaving we seem to be freeing up wages, we could do with the money from Ash's sale if we decide to sell him to buy players (we hope anyway) So i'd sell him but would really persuade him to stay and sign a new contract.

Sell, I at least wanted to recoup some money.

We should be able to make a profit really, what did he cost £9.5 million?

If we can get a decent amount, sell him. I like him and he's done a lot for us but if he wants to leave you can't do much and losing him wouldn't be the end of the world. We have two quality wingers and perhaps we could use the money on another striker or a player who is really effective in the hole, because Ash hasn't been that good in that position in my opinion. Whoever he ends up going to, I bet he plays back on the wing.

We have to try to recoup the £ 10m we paid for him - try and get someone to pay £ 20m or thereabouts.

I'm convinced he will go but with all footballers I don't really give a shit anymore, they are all a revolving door of mercenaries so we may as well get a few good players with the money.

I don't think we can match his ambition anyway, the only club who can is in the Top 4. I reckon he will end up at Man City like all our rejects and will rot on the bench.

We have to try to recoup the £ 10m we paid for him - try and get someone to pay £ 20m or thereabouts.

I'm convinced he will go but with all footballers I don't really give a shit anymore, they are all a revolving door of mercenaries so we may as well get a few good players with the money.

I don't think we can match his ambition anyway, the only club who can is in the Top 4. I reckon he will end up at Man City like all our rejects and will rot on the bench.

Oh christ the first thing I thought of when you mentioned Man City was a swap deal with SWP... noooooooo!

The player does not want to sign an improved contract, that would lead one to assume he wants to leave, so fans getting angry and saying never let him leave, is kind of stupid.

It all comes down to do we sell him as soon as possible and get the most money, or do we let his contract run down and eventually lose his services for nothing.

There is only one option that makes any kind of business sense. Don't any of you be fooled, running a football club is a big business. As fans we tend not to think of it in those terms but, it's a good job the owner and board do, otherwise this club we all love so much would cease to exist.

Ask him to sign on for one more year with the promise we will sell him in the summer if the right contract offer comes in for him.. That way he doesn't screw us mid-season (through no fault of his own if he just wants to move on with his career) and we still get a transfer fee for him and he still gets to leave to a bigger club if he so wishes come the summer.

Win/Win. Only losers being his agent and advisors who would have to wait a little bit to get their pay packet.

Wont ever happen though, makes too much sense.

Â