Ashley Young: To Sell Or Let Walk

maqroll

Ashley Young: To Sell Or Let Walk  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Ashley Young: To Sell Or Let Walk

• Sell Him for a Fee
    • Let Him Walk on a Free

Ask him to sign on for one more year with the promise we will sell him in the summer if the right contract offer comes in for him.. That way he doesn't screw us mid-season (through no fault of his own if he just wants to move on with his career) and we still get a transfer fee for him and he still gets to leave to a bigger club if he so wishes come the summer.

Win/Win. Only losers being his agent and advisors who would have to wait a little bit to get their pay packet.

Wont ever happen though, makes too much sense.

He would be a less attractive proposition for the clubs wanting to buy him though, he would be more expensive since he has longer to run on his contract. Therefore, they might not offer what we value him as, meaning that this 'right contract offer' may never come and he would then be here for another year instead. This would no doubt be good for us, but by the time another year comes around, the bigger clubs who have been sniffing around him may lose interest and get someone else in.

So from Ash's point of view, if he does want to leave and go to a bigger club, this might not make much sense, so I doubt it will happen.

What a turnaround in fortune. That we are debating whether to sell or let go on a free transfer one of our better players. First Barry, then Milner and now Young.

It seems like only a few seasons ago that the Board were talking up the Champions League as being part of our 5 year plan.

Oh well, c'est la vie, back to the reality of supporting AVFC.

Id sell him in summer if he isnt interested in a new deal.

But his contract runs out in summer doesn't it? Why would clubs pay a fee when they can wait till the summer and sign him up on a free?

His contract runs out 2012.

oh i got the impression it ran out in the summer... my apologies people.

What a turnaround in fortune. That we are debating whether to sell or let go on a free transfer one of our better players. First Barry, then Milner and now Young.

It seems like only a few seasons ago that the Board were talking up the Champions League as being part of our 5 year plan.

Oh well, c'est la vie, back to the reality of supporting AVFC.

I think if MON spent more wisely on 1 or 2 players we would have that champions league spot, if he took players off when they looked **** that would have helped get a few points also.

6 points off 4th, that's 3 draws into wins out of the 13 draws we had.

He won't go in this window, that much is obvous BUT if he won't sign a new deal at the end of the season, we have little option but to sell if we are interested in recouping money. With one year left, the player and the buying club hold all the cards, don't be expecting much more than £10-12 mil for him next summer. Not even Citeh will pay that much for him with one year left, in the current climate it may even be as low as £8-9mil.

What do I think we should do? I suppose its a case of heart says keep him, head says sell him. I think he'll be gone though as either he's already made his mind up to go (as some people supposedly close to him have suggested) or he's looking for a sign of things to come from Villa in which case I don't think Houllier is capable of turning it around in time to persuade Ash to stay but being as its been rumoured he'll be off way before GH came, I suspect his mind is made up anyway

To be honest I am not suprised he has dropped out of talks!

It is going to be a real shame to lose Ash either if he is sold or walks for free.

We all know he wants to stay and would stay!.. but ask yourself this..

With the shite that has gone on over the last 6 months and that arsehole we have in charge would you want to stay? Na. Me neither.

The situation worsens. Welcome back to the Dark ages that we faced under Doug Ellis!

Aston Villa is starting to become the Biggest **** joke of english football.

To be honest I am not suprised he has dropped out of talks!

It is going to be a real shame to lose Ash either if he is sold or walks for free.

We all know he wants to stay and would stay!.. but ask yourself this..

With the shite that has gone on over the last 6 months and that arsehole we have in charge would you want to stay? Na. Me neither.

The situation worsens. Welcome back to the Dark ages that we faced under Doug Ellis!

Aston Villa is starting to become the Biggest **** joke of english football.

We all know he wants to stay and would stay!?? Errrr, no he doesn't, hence why he isn't signing a contract or wanting to stay. :?

As Bickster said, it's been reported by trusted ITK's on here I believe that he had made this decision even before Houllier had come in, way earlier in the summer, so it's certainly not anything new. :?

Would I want to stay at a club right now? Course I would. If I played for Villa and loved it there, I wouldn't then at the first sign of the club having one bad season, just jump ship as possible. I'd want to fight for the club and get them back upto the top 6.

Biggest joke in English football? That's if you want it to be. We're 2 points off 8th place, had shit loads of injuries, change of managers, yet we're the biggest joke in English football?

I haven't seen one person mention to me how they are laughing at Villa or of the sort?

Talk about over dramatizing things.

i'm sorry but let him go, sod all this ambition shit blar blar blar...........years ago it was all ambition now its all money first oh look i've won a title er but you only played two games....yes i won i title....no you aint.....sod off!!!!!!

Few years ago a player would work its dogs swingers off to win something...now due to money its turned the other way....they all want something but dont want to work for it....if ash was performing like he did two years ago then hands up..... not like he was now i.e couldnt cross a road let alone put one in the box on a villa head.......then fine keep him to but to be fair he he will move on he wont win anything due to football being the way it is......he wont get in the england team because he aint good enough...so lets cash in and move on!!!!!

p.s been on the lash so sorry for the rant

We all know he wants to stay and would stay!?? Errrr, no he doesn't, hence why he isn't signing a contract or wanting to stay. :?

As Bickster said, it's been reported by trusted ITK's on here I believe that he had made this decision even before Houllier had come in, way earlier in the summer, so it's certainly not anything new. :?

Would I want to stay at a club right now? Course I would. If I played for Villa and loved it there, I wouldn't then at the first sign of the club having one bad season, just jump ship as possible. I'd want to fight for the club and get them back upto the top 6.

Biggest joke in English football? That's if you want it to be. We're 2 points off 8th place, had shit loads of injuries, change of managers, yet we're the biggest joke in English football?

I haven't seen one person mention to me how they are laughing at Villa or of the sort?

If I was him I'd leave. He's not a villa fan! People seem to think footballers have some sort of obligation to stay at a club.

If you worked for a small firm and a large firm made it known they wanted to employ you and offer you much more money, would you turn it down just because you were happy in your current employment? No, because how do you know you're not going to be even happier at the new place with loads more cash and better prospects.

Face it, we're not getting anywhere near top 4 any time soon. He looks like he needs a change of scenery too, hasn't quite reached his form of a couple of seasons ago.

If the powers that be have no problem with the 'possibilty' not 'guarantee' that Ash will walk for free at the end of his contract why on earth would us supporters be bothered ?

You know he'll give his all, and at the end of that contract we'll have had 5/6 of his best years for the 10m we paid out for him. Absolute bargain

I wouldn't mind him walking free then at all. And if we have turned a corner by then and things are looking up, who's to say he'll want to leave anyway ?

If I was him I'd leave. He's not a villa fan! People seem to think footballers have some sort of obligation to stay at a club.

If you worked for a small firm and a large firm made it known they wanted to employ you and offer you much more money, would you turn it down just because you were happy in your current employment? No, because how do you know you're not going to be even happier at the new place with loads more cash and better prospects.

Face it, we're not getting anywhere near top 4 any time soon. He looks like he needs a change of scenery too, hasn't quite reached his form of a couple of seasons ago.

I know that. I wouldn't blame him too leave but the previous poster suggested he clearly would love to stay, if that was the case....he'd actually stay. He then said 'would you want to stay'......and I said yeah, because I love the club. Ashley doesn't, he wants to play better but the previous poster seem to think if we were say 6th/7th in the league currently, he'd want to stay. That's just not the case.

I think if MON spent more wisely on 1 or 2 players

Might have known some creative little soul would find some way to pin this on MON.

Bless... :lol:

It really is time to get over him and start addressing the issues facing Villa NOW and how the people in control of the club's fortunes NOW are handling them.

Well if we had one or two slightly more creative players this wouldn't be as big a debate because we would not be so utterly dependent on Ashley for ideas going forward. The other thing is if we signed a couple of similarly talented players god-forbid Ashley might not be allowed to take every free-kick and corner he could get his hands on - and that might actually hasten his departure!

There are better players than Ashley out there in the world for £12 million. It's debatable whether he'd honestly even get in our full team if everyone was fit. Albrighton and Downing have had better seasons, are regularly scoring and creating goals, I'm not even sure if Ash would be better than either of them on the wing at the moment. If both Gabby and Heskey are in form, they'd be so dangerous.

He is a really good player but I think it's easier to replace him than Milner. Simply for the fact, well we've found our Young replacement in Albrighton and Downing on the flanks. In the hole, Young is good but not special so finding someone who can play that role better or finding a striker alongside Gabby/Heskey could do us the world of good.

Â