Ashley Young: To Sell Or Let Walk

maqroll

Ashley Young: To Sell Or Let Walk  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Ashley Young: To Sell Or Let Walk

• Sell Him for a Fee
    • Let Him Walk on a Free

We should pull out all stops to keep him - that means holding onto him even if it eventually means he walks away for nothing.

He is just that important for our team, one of the few players we should be building around - especially since we sold both Barry and Milner recently.

Saying we will run out his contract is really just a negotiating tool. The same was used to keep Barry for an extra season when Liverpool wanted him at a cut rate. It effectively says to AY - you don't get a move unless it's on our terms and it says to other clubs - if you want our prized asset you need to make us an offer that makes it impossible for us not to sell him.

I see Bruce is being linked with Adam Johnson and Onahua. I wonder if Citeh would be keen on Ash for Johnson plus a bit of cash or Johnson and Milner and we'll give them a bit of cash?

I think Johnson would be a great buy and would more than replace our Ash from what I have seen??

What a turnaround in fortune. That we are debating whether to sell or let go on a free transfer one of our better players. First Barry, then Milner and now Young.

It seems like only a few seasons ago that the Board were talking up the Champions League as being part of our 5 year plan.

Oh well, c'est la vie, back to the reality of supporting AVFC.

BINGO

Our best player by a country mile and we should be building around our best players not seeing them leave the club.

If Ash won't sign a contract then I'd rather we sold him in the Summer and started re-building.

I see Bruce is being linked with Adam Johnson and Onahua. I wonder if Citeh would be keen on Ash for Johnson plus a bit of cash or Johnson and Milner and we'll give them a bit of cash?

I think Johnson would be a great buy and would more than replace our Ash from what I have seen??

I like Johnson but I wouldn't want this for 3 reasons:

1) I don't want Ash to go to Man City

2) Dealing with Man City, in general, is a pisstake.

3) We have Super Marc !

Magroll, you're having a laugh aren't you ? If ever a poll was loaded this would be it. Did you design it to bring out all the negative stuff on VT?

The issue is not worth worrying about until the summer. Villa cannot afford to let one of it's better players go during January and a lot can happen between January and June. All this poll does is set up an anti Young position with some of the fans and that doesn't help the fans, the club or the player.

What a turnaround in fortune. That we are debating whether to sell or let go on a free transfer one of our better players. First Barry, then Milner and now Young.

It seems like only a few seasons ago that the Board were talking up the Champions League as being part of our 5 year plan.

Oh well, c'est la vie, back to the reality of supporting AVFC.

BINGO

Our best player by a country mile and we should be building around our best players not seeing them leave the club.

But we are still ambitious apparently..... :?

Your opinion he's our best player by a country mile.

We also can't do much about Young wanting to stay or leave, nor could we about Milner, nor could we about Barry. That's football. Unless we get sheikh type owners with billions to spend, we will never be able to constantly succeed.

You say we should be building around our best players but how? We spent £70 odd million between the transfer window in which Barry wanted to go and the one he left in. We spent £60 million odd from the two windows leading upto Milner going.

I'm pretty sure someone in the ITK (MM I believe) stated Young's mind was made up about a contract before even the likes of O'Neill left.

Of course the board ultimate aim was the Champions League but they also didn't see Man City coming along, buying two of our better players and spend hundred of millions and over-taking us.

Again, I ask Richard, a proper question, what do you want? do you wish for the owners to sell because it's quite clear they can't spend £40-50+ million which is what is needed for the next couple years and the club can't pay wages over £60-70k a week without breaking the wage structure.

I'm not saying it's stupid, it's your opinion but I'm unsure what you actually want? I'm guessing to sell up? I just don't see anyone with as much as Randy coming in and investing double what he has on the club.

Â