Snow Watch!

trekka

My God! It's even snowing in the Med!

Last feb (in barca) we had snow twice - the first time lasted for all of about a minute; the second, there was 20 minutes of the stuff - a friend who runs a language school for youngsters said they all legged it outside, no stopping them.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that Honda jazz in the background?

My missus' Jazz was in a similar predicament this morning. I tried the trick of "Foot down and hope for the best" after brushing the snow off it for her. It didn't get very far. Had to ring the father in law and ask for a dig-out. :oops:

See that Honda jazz in the background?

My missus' Jazz was in a similar predicament this morning. I tried the trick of "Foot down and hope for the best" after brushing the snow off it for her. It didn't get very far. Had to ring the father in law and ask for a dig-out. :oops:

Gaz, you may need a from call from Mr T :D

Lots of it here in West Yorkshire. And the inevitable shortage of rock salt.

If you need any for your driveway I did notice ASDA were selling big sacks of it when I was there on Friday.

The council around here provide "grit bins" at the corner of various streets - all free of charge. Bloody useful as gritters / ploughs can't / wont get up and down the hills

My next door neighbour suggested last year sprinkling ash onto snow to clear it if you've no rock salt. It does work, just makes it look a tad messy.
This may seem like a silly question, but where do you get ash (short of actually burning something)?

My next door neighbour suggested last year sprinkling ash onto snow to clear it if you've no rock salt. It does work, just makes it look a tad messy.
This may seem like a silly question, but where do you get ash (short of actually burning something)?

I did exactly that this morning. The ash coming from last night's coal fire, works a treat.

As this is not a smokeless zone most people have wood burners or open fires up here to supplement their heating, so have access to ash.

As this is not a smokeless zone most people have wood burners or open fires up here to supplement their heating, so most people have access to ash.

Ah, gotcha. We used to burn coal and wood in our last house (despite being in a smokeless zone, ahem). But not this one.

Â