Snow Watch!

trekka

My next door neighbour suggested last year sprinkling ash onto snow to clear it if you've no rock salt. It does work, just makes it look a tad messy.
This may seem like a silly question, but where do you get ash (short of actually burning something)?

As this is not a smokeless zone most people have wood burners or open fires up here to supplement their heating, so have access to ash.

Same here. Coal fires are wonderful things, another reason I couldn't live in a city. Our lounge got so warm last night I had to open the door to let a draft in!

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surely hats are for Girls and those with no sense that see them as fashion accessories and wear them all year round even indoors ?

Ok I do have a villa hat that i wear from time to time but not usually until it hits - 85 or something

I don't do hats. Every year I buy a new one thinking it'll look fine, but they don't. Don't know what it is but they always look shit on me.

So now I just man up and take the cold. I did buy a purple scarf on the weekend though...

surely hats are for Girls and those with no sense that see them as fashion accessories and wear them all year round even indoors ?

Ok I do have a villa hat that i wear from time to time but not usually until it hits - 85 or something

Funny...I seem to remember you wearing a hat this Saturday, you olde ryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyde :-)

I really need to get myself a nice big fat thick winter coat...the only thing I have to protect me from the cold at the moment is a good hat and hoodies

fooking hate spending money on clothing though, especially when there are so many more items that are more essential...such as alcohol food and music.

Same here. Coal fires are wonderful things, another reason I couldn't live in a city. Our lounge got so warm last night I had to open the door to let a draft in!

Most of the heat goes up my enormous chimney though...... I'm looking to have a wood burner fitted...a farmer has given me an old one for £150,

but it's finding the funds to have it fitted.

Oh I'm so full of cold I keep returning to bed!

I have one of these in black, worn at an angle with a scarf & gloves to match from M & S.

41vTSBew9gL._SX85_SH35_.jpg

Â