• Downing
    • A Young
    • Pires
    • Bannan
    • Carew
    • Delfouneso (for Pires 46)
    • Ireland (for Carew 66)
    • Herd (for Bannan 86)

I also would like to see Cuellar back in. He was vital filling in from RB almost like a third CB.

As for todays match, I cannot escape how poor that was. The 2 goals scored flatter us, probably more than the fact we somehow got away with only conceding 4. Arsenal'll be disappointed not to have a cricket score.

Awful.

never had a season ticket last season then????

BREAKING NEWS: Having a season ticket makes you instantly qualified as a football coach and/or pundit.

Yeah, makes you a better fan too.

I also would like to see Cuellar back in. He was vital filling in from RB almost like a third CB.

As for todays match, I cannot escape how poor that was. The 2 goals scored flatter us, probably more than the fact we somehow got away with only conceding 4. Arsenal'll be disappointed not to have a cricket score.

Awful.

never had a season ticket last season then????

BREAKING NEWS: Having a season ticket makes you instantly qualified as a football coach and/or pundit.

:lol:

BREAKING NEWS: Having a season ticket makes you instantly qualified as a football coach and/or pundit

No! But I am a level 3 (uefa B) coach. I know it's not much but it is a qualification none the less

Excellent.

So let's have a tactical discussion regarding our defence and the inclusion of Cuellar over in the main VillaTalk forum. Let's leave this thread for post-match reactions, see you over in the other forum.

I'm just back. We were **** woeful and 4-2 flatters us. Arsenal deserved to win by 5 or 6 goals.

I don't know where to start. Pires and Carew should never have started. Pires runs about like an old man who as shit himself and looks well off the pace. Good player he may have been but he is past it at this level.

The back four were all pretty shit. Why this is when this as been one of the strongest parts of our game in recent years is any ones guess. Personnel is the same but we can't defend for shit. Maybe **** Houllier can answer this?

Also have to say the atmosphere was crap today even when it looked like we may somehow get back into the game. I know many people don't like/want Houllier but we still need to get behind the lads during the game. Over 4k empty seats today as well.

I fear Sha will give us a good beating on Wednesday. How far we appear to have fallen in just a few short months.

I'm just back. We were **** woeful and 4-2 flatters us. Arsenal deserved to win by 5 or 6 goals.

I don't know where to start. Pires and Carew should never have started. Pires runs about like an old man who as shit himself and looks well off the pace. Good player he may have been but he is past it as this level.

The back four were all pretty shit. Why this is when this as been one of the strongest parts of our game in recent years is any ones guess. Personnel is the same but we can't defend for shit. Maybe **** Houllier can answer this?

Also have to say the atmosphere was crap today even when it looked like we may somehow get back into the game. I know many people don't like/want Houllier but we still need to get behind the lads during the game. Over 3k empty seats today as well.

I fear Sha will give us a good beating on Wednesday. How far we appear to have fallen in just a few short months.

The back four (our experienced players) playing as woeful as they are is the real concern.

BREAKING NEWS: Having a season ticket makes you instantly qualified as a football coach and/or pundit

No! But I am a level 3 (uefa B) coach. I know it's not much but it is a qualification none the less

Don't knock it I have one too; it's only 2 levels below what Fergie has. :winkold:

We were destroyed by a gulf in quality. Strategically too I think we were all over the shop, and we looked infinitely better with two up front and Downing on the left.

Was a disappointing match, one we deserved to lose, but congratulations to Clarkie for two quality goals and to Ireland for showing some balls.

Warnock, Collins and Luke Young were shockingly bad.

Also Houllier appeared to laugh at something Nasri said to him after the match. I think we need a thread about that.

And Pires was kissing the Arsenal players before the match. Need a thread.

Collins wasn't holding a little kid's hand before the match. Need a thread.

Â