• Downing
    • A Young
    • Pires
    • Bannan
    • Carew
    • Delfouneso (for Pires 46)
    • Ireland (for Carew 66)
    • Herd (for Bannan 86)

Pretty much the first choice defence - yet so poorly organised we were always chasing the game. Never had had much confidence in GH - but if he can't organise a set of international defenders so they are not conceding 2/3 goals a game - i don't see much future for him as villa boss.

im gonna start by crucifying warnock, this guy is absolutely shit. he has been a while now and why the hell is given chance fater chance to be lb? please houllier get another left back in.

the first goal was abolsute shambles. collins and luke young should bow their heads in shame for that. pathetic. carew was pants 2nhd half just couldnt be bothered. he can sod off in january had enough of him this year

one bright spark was clark boy was he good. he is still young and put senior players like warnock and downing to shame.

also bannan looked good at times. i will finish off by just syaing im dreading wednesday night, if wee play to that level we are gonna get murdered

Il give houllier 2 or 3 more games.

Poor Interviews

No confidence

Poor results

Injuries or no injuries, at least give us some hope. Sounded utterly toothless - Just like Blackburn which was abysmal

Draws vs Chelsea and Man Utd don't give you any hope at all?

The emergence of Bannan, Albrighton, Clark. No hope to be gleaned from that?

Stop being so overreactingly dramatic.

Manager got it wrong the first half with Pires and with the sides he played Downing and Young. Much better second half but always chasing the game.

We haven't got that wise head to play in front of the back four and that is costing us. This is making the defense look worse than it is; saying that they weren't great at all today. Not too worried about the last goal as we were pushing forward for the equalizer.

We need a big win in the week against Blues or it could be a rough Christmas.

Why do we defend so deep?

I think Houllier didn't do his homework with Arsenal. You need to get at them and be aggresive. Don't give them the time and space to play. We were happy to sit deep and let them play the ball around.

Our midfield and forward line is missing experience and is full of kids yet its our defence that play like it. The defence is a total and utter shambles.

Our defence is set up to head and kick. Unfortunately our midfield means more teams can play through us and leave us vunerable to any sort of pace, where as before, we always defended deep.

It's why I can't understand why Cuellar don't play.

Terrible first half, much better second. Anyone notice the improvement when Carew went off? He's absolutely woeful. Cost us the 3rd goal also. **** off. Seriously.

Why do we always concede in the last 5-10 mins of the game? Disappointing to say the least.

Erm....We through everyone forward to try and salvage a point.

Same old, same old. We look as far away as ever from top 6, let alone top 4. Not Houllier's fault - too many injuries, but we're leaking goals for fun at the moment. Not looking forward to Wednesday - roll on January!

so called senior players let us down again

defence is terrible- slow and full of cloggers. they are positionally poor and give it away too often. we have no technical ability back there.

downing and ash make wrong decisions all the time- hold onto the ball when they need to move it on, and when they need to hold it they bang in an aimless cross

carew is finished, i cant tell whether his legs have gone or he just cant be arsed, but he was dire.

clark and bannan were'nt brilliant, but at least they try and seem to have a bit of fight.

Our midfield and forward line is missing experience and is full of kids yet its our defence that play like it. The defence is a total and utter shambles.

Our defence is set up to head and kick. Unfortunately our midfield means more teams can play through us and leave us vunerable to any sort of pace, where as before, we always defended deep.

It's why I can't understand why Cuellar don't play.

Terrible first half, much better second. Anyone notice the improvement when Carew went off? He's absolutely woeful. Cost us the 3rd goal also. **** off. Seriously.

Cuellers injured

Poor tactics and selection in the 1st half. can only blame Houlier for that

warnock needs to be shipped out with carew. usual shit crossing from young

Fonz did very well when he came on and made a big difference.

Clarke was my motm for his goals, needs to become more aware of the game going on around him though. He can become a great player for us

I agree with you there, I don't think I'd be to sorry if he doesn't start another game for us.

Il give houllier 2 or 3 more games.

Poor Interviews

No confidence

Poor results

Injuries or no injuries, at least give us some hope. Sounded utterly toothless - Just like Blackburn which was abysmal

Draws vs Chelsea and Man Utd don't give you any hope at all?

The emergence of Bannan, Albrighton, Clark. No hope to be gleaned from that?

Stop being so overreactingly dramatic.

Been saying it for a couple of weeks Gazton. Not a reaction to this game. The Blackburn game was the 1st time Ive felt disinterested in Villa - and ever since Houllier took over, hes not installed any belief or excitement in me.

Â