• A Young
    • Ireland
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Pires (for Ireland 69)
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 78)
    • Herd (for Hogg 81)

This was the least-enjoyable game of football I have ever watched, ever. With the possible exception of the Newcastle game.

No surely not, what about the games against Stoke, SHA, Fulham, Bolton, Sunderland? All shit teams that we failed to beat and not very enjoyabble to watch.

Mmmm. Those are also painful memories, but v Blackburn it was just frustrating to watch a side that just didn't seem to have a clue what it needed to do to win.

The Fulham game at least had one of our best ever goals - Bannan and Albrighton's.

5. I appreciate Gabby has been injured, and needs minutes to build up his fitness levels. But he never looked remotely like getting anywhere near a goal today.

Gabby ended up on the left wing more often than not in an effort to re-balance the shape with Young drifting centrally. When the Fonz came on, he was stubborn enough to continue playing as a striker, hence he got into a couple of really nice positions to test Robinson or develop a chance.

Brad: 6 (-2) for shite keeping for 1st goal

RBD: 7

Clarke: Not his best game - struggled physically - 6

L Young: 6

Warno: 6 (-2 for his stupid free kick for the 1st goal). Otherwise great game.

Bannan: Quality again - 7

Boss Hogg: 6 Reasonable display

Downing: 7

Ireland: 1 (for turning up)

Asher: 7 - constant danger

Gab: 6. Not at his best yet

Ireland can go for me also, just doesn't look interested.

Im pissed off with hearing that Dunne was laughing on his way off the pitch after that, its insulting to us who travelled to watch that, makes you wonder if they give a shit at all.

Overall a good performance and we could have sneaked it against a team in pretty good form. If it wasn't for the idiot that is Warnock we wouldn't have been a goal down, trying to get his own back on Diouf on the edge of the box is the last thing we needed, especially with Blackburn's threat form set pieces. He did it 2 or 3 times in the first half and he's partly to blame for us losing the match.

Bannan and Hogg did well and never looked overawed in the slightest. I think Hogg did a good job, was busy again and his positioning was good, he gets around a hell of a lot better than Petrov and didn't waste too many passes either. I can't believe some people are saying he had a bad game, I already prefer him to NRC and Petrov and that's after just 2 starts. Bannan's general play was good. Between the 2 of them they won the CM battle.

Gabby did pretty well considering the lay-off but didn't get a great deal of service and didn't do a lot wrong. Delphouneso didn't have time to get into the game.

Back four did pretty well, Fridel didn't have the greatest game.

Downing was in and out, but had a bad day all in all. Young did well and Ireland looked something like in patches, we should be patient with him.

Friedel - 6

Warnock - 6

Clark - 7

Dunne - 7

L Young - 6

A Young - 8

Hogg - 7

Bannan - 8

Downing - 5

Ireland - 6

Gabby - 7

Can't believe the amount of crap in this thread to be quite frank. We weren't outplayed, outfought or out anything'd. We had enough of the game to have won it, but things just didn't go for us. Warnock was a complete cock and gave that needless free-kick away and Freidel messed up a punch that went for the corner that they scored from, apart from those errors, we played quite well at a difficult place.

I see a lot more positives than minuses from the performance.

- poor tactics; downing shouldnt have been shifted the right hand side. he's been wonderful on the left the last few weeks and the fact that ash didnt play wide meant we were lacking balance and real width which made it easier for blackburn to defend. we missed albrighton

- poor decision making by the players; if there was a checklist on how to throw away goals and points we'd tick every box. warnock hacking down diouf in that position was absolutely mindless.

- very poor kit selection; not only do the claret shorts look vile, we always lose when we wear them. sky blue shorts away from home please.

- dunne motm

Thought Downing was our best player.

Frustrating but we didn't deserve to lose in my opinion and we also controlled most of the game. Two goals from set-pieces, not surprising when apart from your two CB's, you don't have a player who's 6ft compared to Blackburn's giants.

We played worse against Blackpool and won, so I'm not really worried. Robinson made some really good saves, while we also hit the bar.

We dominated Blackburn completely in the second half and passed it well. Lacking the cutting edge but hasn't that always been a problem with Villa.

Decent performance apart from the 25th-45th minute were I thought we were outplayed.

I agree with all of that apart from Downing being MOTM, thought he had a few good moments but was also very careless, one of his poorer matches.

- Am I the only one who thought Dunne was poor today? I thought he looked wasteful in possession, must have got this one wrong!

- Ireland was woeful, so frustrating because you can see he has talent, but that counts for shit if you dont use it.

- Downing looks a far better player now. With Albrighton on the other flank I think we have a strong front line.

- Agbonlahor. Now I know he has been injured but I think Gerard should be looking for a new striker in January. I know he is a local lad, fast, strong, loves villa etc. But will he get us the goals. I rarely go into a game thinking Gabby will score. Honestly feel its time for a new striker down Villa park.

- Bannan. Going to be absolutely class. Attempted a few too many long balls today even if some of them were exsquisit. I actually thought today that some of the other players wernt on his wavelength. really excited about this lad.

All in all a poor performance but im not too worried about it this season. We have the base of a very good side, a few additions and who knows.

- very poor kit selection; not only do the claret shorts look vile, we always lose when we wear them. sky blue shorts away from home please.

Has it come to this as an excuse now? haha.

Genius stuff. Houllier you w*nker!! :lol: :winkold:

Has it come to this as an excuse now? haha.

Genius stuff. Houllier you w*nker!! :lol: :winkold:

the kitman needs to take a long hard look at himself.

Utterly disgraceful, inept and disinterested performance. Where do you start. Another last minute goal for a start, truly unprofessional, how many games has it happened ?. Ireland was an utter disgrace, if he don't want to be here then just let him go. Bannan was only one ho looked anywhere near interested. After 27yrs a sason ticket holder and someone who has been to over 500 away games at 62 grounds, it is getting to the point where i am wondering whether there is more to life than this. Could be bottom 6 tomorrow after a third of the season, with arsenal and anfield to come. Can I ask where was the bright future pldge, coz all i see is good old yankee spin.

The future could be bright, then again we may sell our promising youngsters to balance the books, Cahill, Milner and Barry and more than likely Young don't fill me with much hope

Not like you to state how long you been a supporter before, how the owners are doing are secretly against Villa and how bad we are doing Paulandonya. :lol:

Inept, Disgraceful performance, yet, more possesion, more corners, more shots on targets, more shots on goal than the opposition.

Good old yankee spin? When you have a new manager and 1/2 your first team out, your not exactly going to be pushing forward are you.

O'Neill sold Cahill.

O'Neill sold Barry.

O'Neill sold Milner.

They also ALL wanted to leave. How is that the Owners fault? what do you want them to do? Lock them in a cupboard so they can't sign for anyone else?

- Am I the only one who thought Dunne was poor today? I thought he looked wasteful in possession, must have got this one wrong!

- Ireland was woeful, so frustrating because you can see he has talent, but that counts for shit if you dont use it.

- Downing looks a far better player now. With Albrighton on the other flank I think we have a strong front line.

- Agbonlahor. Now I know he has been injured but I think Gerard should be looking for a new striker in January. I know he is a local lad, fast, strong, loves villa etc. But will he get us the goals. I rarely go into a game thinking Gabby will score. Honestly feel its time for a new striker down Villa park.

- Bannan. Going to be absolutely class. Attempted a few too many long balls today even if some of them were exsquisit. I actually thought today that some of the other players wernt on his wavelength. really excited about this lad.

All in all a poor performance but im not too worried about it this season. We have the base of a very good side, a few additions and who knows.

Dunne seems to be the scapegoat at the minute, thought he played well today, great tackle stopping a certain goal early on. I actually said to my lad how composed he was on the ball compared to normal

Â