• Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Pires (for Ireland 69)
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 78)
    • Herd (for Hogg 81)

Overall, seemed too weak in midfield and disjointed when attacking

This.

MON for me was Hogg. Thought he did all the rough stuff well in only his third appearance.

Huh? You agree that we seemed weak in midfield, yet you gave Hogg MOTM because he did all the rough stuff?

I don't get that myself, I didn't expect a lot from this game because of how Blackburn play and we us lacking height I knew it would be a tough game.

Even though I thought that before the game, I think the lads didn't do as bad as people are making out, when they got the ball on the floor they passed it around real good at times and the moved it fast.

We just lacked that killer ball and our wingers getting behind the fullbacks to put a ball across the box....They seemed more than happy for us to play it in front of them, but without height up front we just can't lump it in there and expect to win the headers....As was seen more than once later on in the second half....Without Carew or Heskey in the team we can't play high balls into the box.

I thought Samba and Nelson were immense for them.

Was always going to be tricky because of the sheer strength of their team against our kids.

Every ball in the box caused problems as well. I thought we passed the ball around well, but they defended well, we didnt create enough and their height and strength were the difference at both ends.

Disappointed, but let's move on. We're not playing THAT badly.

I thought Samba and Nelson were immense for them.

Was always going to be tricky because of the sheer strength of their team against our kids.

Every ball in the box caused problems as well. I thought we passed the ball around well, but they defended well, we didnt create enough and their height and strength were the difference at both ends.

Disappointed, but let's move on. We're not playing THAT badly, just need a bit of luck and to be a bit more clinical in front of goal.

We didn't beat Spurs, and nor have we played Arsenal so how do you make that judgment? I know your trying to be positive but 4 points away from home is not good enough, people refer to the injuries apart from Cuellar, Collins, NRC and Petrov, would the others really make an impact?

Overall, seemed too weak in midfield and disjointed when attacking

This.

MON for me was Hogg. Thought he did all the rough stuff well in only his third appearance.

Huh? You agree that we seemed weak in midfield, yet you gave Hogg MOTM because he did all the rough stuff?

Hes young and i thought he did reasonably well in only hes third appearance. Whats hard to understand about that? :shock:

Besides Ireland drifting in and out of the game, thought the midfield did ok. Bannon looks a player, Young and Downing did relatively ok other than some wasteful balls. Those three have had enough MOTMs from people, so i chose Hogg :winkold:

Overall though, we need a busy and sucessfull January. Get the right players in, and who knows.

Just hate fcuking loosing to the Blackburns of this world. Pisses me off :twisted:

We didn't beat Spurs, and nor have we played Arsenal so how do you make that judgment? I know your trying to be positive but 4 points away from home is not good enough, people refer to the injuries apart from Cuellar, Collins, NRC and Petrov, would the others really make an impact?
We gave Spurs a very good game, we almost beat Man U (and played fantastic) and gave Chelsea a very good game.

Compare that with Blackburn and Stoke and it's clear which teams we're going to struggle against this season.

We gave Spurs a very good game, we almost beat Man U (and played fantastic) and gave Chelsea a very good game.

Compare that with Blackburn and Stoke and it's clear which teams we're going to struggle against this season.

We got 2 points out of 9 points, this is a results business I'm afraid!

After Newcastle, this was our worst performance, just when a win would get us on track for the season we come short again, rubbish today, its always the shit teams that **** us. Always.

Im starting to lose patience with Ireland, hate to do so because I know how good he is.

Â