• A Young
    • Ireland
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Pires (for Ireland 69)
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 78)
    • Herd (for Hogg 81)

I thought Hogg actually did quite well. By the way, what are these easy chances Ashley Young had?

I thought Hogg was very poor. Too me he's well out of his depth.

As for Ashley Young I didn't say easy but he should have put some of them away.

Stoke away - had a great chance with a header (open goal) but missed.

Fulham away - loads of chances on the counter - fluffed them.

Blackburn away - hit the bar - if it goes in possibly a different game.

I rate Ashley but he could have scored a lot more than he has :cry:

Harsh.

He's been chucked in at the deep end, far from perfect for the kid. He's done fine under the circumstances, I've seen Sidwell & Reo Coker turn in far worse performances this season.

people refer to the injuries apart from Cuellar, Collins, NRC and Petrov, would the others really make an impact?

Yes. Albrighton, Heskey, Delph.

Where would they all play?

Oh, well at the moment, my strongest team would be...

Friedel

Young Cuellar Collins Warnock

Reo-Coker/Petrov Delph/Bannan.

Albrighton Young Downing

Agbonlahor.

Which means, from my strongest team, we were missing 6 players. I'd also add, I'd very much consider Heskey against these sort of sides simply because you need a physical presence.

ok yeah we was dissapointin today,but Petrov?he would not get into any team of mine

i like the fact you kept Dunne out,he just doesnt do it for me

We are relying to much on Downing on the wing, when he is on his game thats fine but when he's not were outta ideas. I think Ash should get back on the other side to give us some more options in attack, his role in the hole is obviously not working..

And on another note - the blackburn fans are by FAR the most boring fans in the premiership. They were so quiet it was shocking, only started singing at 2-0, and that was a little section of them next to us, the main part of the ground was shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Three points after watching that shite;

1. When Warnock made the foul that lead to the first goal, it should ALREADY have been half time. Well over the minute of added time had already gone. In fact when the goal went in it was two and ahalf minutes gone. **** disgraceful refereeing.

Not as disgraceful as Friedel's positioning for the goal though, what a **** clown.

2. Gabby was shit and should have come off on 60, in fact I don't think he should have started at all.

3. Are all Blackburn subs 6 foot seven inch black giants?

The youngsters have helped to bring through some nice tippy-tappy football, and with Albrighton I reckon we'd have got a different result. Two freaky kind of goals - Brad won't be beaten like that again for a long time (one hopes) and the second was just a ping-pong goal with the ball bouncing round the box - we normally get a block in but didn't today. Dissappointing but not too much wrong. The danger in that assessment though is you hope it's going to click instead of making it happen. I think Pires should have played off Gabby when he came on - we were chasing two goals, we were getting the ball forward, but we weren't getting into the box (apart from hopefull crosses).

1. When Warnock made the foul that lead to the first goal, it should ALREADY have been half time. Well over the minute of added time had already gone. In fact when the goal went in it was two and ahalf minutes gone. **** disgraceful refereeing.

Not as disgraceful as Friedel's positioning for the goal though, what a **** clown.

2. Gabby was shit and should have come off on 60, in fact I don't think he should have started at all.

Didn't gabby tweak he groin again in warm up an have the deep heat an everythin on?

Didn't gabby tweak he groin again in warm up an have the deep heat an everythin on?

No idea - but if that's true he shouldn't have started...poor management.

1. Well, it's a a minimum of 1 minute, I thought the same but looking at it again, the free-kick was given at 46.02...which is 2 seconds after the minute, fair enough, then most teams are allowed to take free-kicks. Some refs may have blew, some may not have.

2. Why? Gabby was excellent vs Man United, Delfouneso come on and didn't really impress....I don't get why he shouldn't of started? Unless you are talking just from hindsight...??

3. Yes, they all are.

a couple of observations from the armchair

1. Ireland's attitude stinks. A couple of nice lay offs will not make up for looking like he couldn't give a toss or be prepared to break sweat for the team. Sorry Stephen, as much as I wanted you at Villa if thats 'giving your all' you can get your coat now. It's either shape up or ship out.

2. We've seemingly gone from being 'too direct' under O'Neill, to 'too fancy' under Gerard. We're now (at times) passing for the sake of passing to my eyes. In fact my Villa mad (of 40+ years) Auntie called me up up after the game and said 'why are we making 3 passes when 1 will do?'. And I knew exactly what she meant. It's not about how many passes you make, it's about how good they are.

Where's the eagerness to have a shot, or to break your neck to get on the end of a cross ?. Everybody just wants to pass, pass, pass now. Irritating.

3. Bannan was once again an absolute credit to the team and himself. The effort that lad put in for 90 minutes was a joy to behold. And he wasn't the only one putting in a good shift.

4. I never thought at the beginning of the season that i'd be mourning the fact Albrighton was missing more than any other player. That lad adds something HUGE to our side this season. And once he's missing we have nobody to fill in that gap.

5. I appreciate Gabby has been injured, and needs minutes to build up his fitness levels. But he never looked remotely like getting anywhere near a goal today.

Agree with all of this.

Thought Downing was very very good again.

Ireland's touch in about the second minute showed what a player he could be if he could be arsed, which he couldn't. Lost count of the number of times Blackburn went on the break because SI didn't feel like making a challenge.

I thought Hogg had a decent enough game, but you can't see him ever making the match-winning pass to beat Barcelona (If we were ever to play them :) )

Dunne had his first decent game for a while. I didn't see the smile at the end, but not impressed with that, because overall:

This was the least-enjoyable game of football I have ever watched, ever. With the possible exception of the Newcastle game.

2. Why? Gabby was excellent vs Man United, Delfouneso come on and didn't really impress....I don't get why he shouldn't of started? Unless you are talking just from hindsight...??

He was cack today and should have been subbed far earlier. Not interested in what happened last week.

Pretty Damn bad.

surprised at the lack of praise warnock is getting, I thought he was great. Apart from the idiotic free kick which led to the goal.

Ireland, I am getting really impatient with him.

Dunne motm.

Thankyou! :notworthy:

a couple of observations from the armchair

1. Ireland's attitude stinks. A couple of nice lay offs will not make up for looking like he couldn't give a toss or be prepared to break sweat for the team. Sorry Stephen, as much as I wanted you at Villa if thats 'giving your all' you can get your coat now. It's either shape up or ship out.

2. We've seemingly gone from being 'too direct' under O'Neill, to 'too fancy' under Gerard. We're now (at times) passing for the sake of passing to my eyes. In fact my Villa mad (of 40+ years) Auntie called me up up after the game and said 'why are we making 3 passes when 1 will do?'. And I knew exactly what she meant. It's not about how many passes you make, it's about how good they are.

Where's the eagerness to have a shot, or to break your neck to get on the end of a cross ?. Everybody just wants to pass, pass, pass now. Irritating.

3. Bannan was once again an absolute credit to the team and himself. The effort that lad put in for 90 minutes was a joy to behold. And he wasn't the only one putting in a good shift.

4. I never thought at the beginning of the season that i'd be mourning the fact Albrighton was missing more than any other player. That lad adds something HUGE to our side this season. And once he's missing we have nobody to fill in that gap.

5. I appreciate Gabby has been injured, and needs minutes to build up his fitness levels. But he never looked remotely like getting anywhere near a goal today.

Agree with all of this.

Thought Downing was very very good again.

Ireland's touch in about the second minute showed what a player he could be if he could be arsed, which he couldn't. Lost count of the number of times Blackburn went on the break because SI didn't feel like making a challenge.

I thought Hogg had a decent enough game, but you can't see him ever making the match-winning pass to beat Barcelona (If we were ever to play them :) )

Dunne had his first decent game for a while. I didn't see the smile at the end, but not impressed with that, because overall:

This was the least-enjoyable game of football I have ever watched, ever. With the possible exception of the Newcastle game.

No surely not, what about the games against Stoke, SHA, Fulham, Bolton, Sunderland? All shit teams that we failed to beat and not very enjoyabble to watch.

a big problem we have is that our players regularly make poor decisions, and it costs us. obviously there is warnocks stupid foul for blackburns first, but when attacking we mess up so many chances with poor decisions.

if we need to get an early cross in you know we will stop and wait for the opposition to get back. but if we need to wait for our players to get in the box you know an aimless early ball to nobody will be played in.

i saw ash ignoring a simple 10 yard pass and trying and take on 3 players, ireland trying to play in gabby between two defenders, when all he had to do was go himself and he would have been 1 on 1.

we played lots of nice stuff up to the penalty box, we dominated possession, but once we got there poor balls in, poor shooting and a lack of anticipation to get loose balls cost us.

He was cack today and should have been subbed far earlier. Not interested in what happened last week.

I weren't questioning that bit, don't really disagree. Just the bit about he shouldn't of started...seemed strange.

Â