• A Young
    • Ireland
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Agbonlahor
    • Pires (for Ireland 69)
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 78)
    • Herd (for Hogg 81)

Relegation zone come January. Can't expect anything else from a team of average youth team players. Under investment in the past two years is to blame for this.

We don't have the squad depth that we should, but regardless, any team would struggle with the injuries we've suffered.

It's quite a bit factor and it's also not Houllier's fault.

If Liverpool had...

Kelly Carragher Agger Lucas Meireles Poulson Spearing, Torres, N'Gog, Jovanovic all out.

Just look at the way, Chelsea are struggling without Lampard, Essien, Terry..

You can't under estimate in my opinion the amount of quality we are missing.

holy shit performance from at least 2 of the senior players batman

oooh looka scape goat ooo who can we blame

shut the **** up

ireland was wank - end of, no coincidence we held the ball, passed the ball and actually looked like we could score when that lazy morph headed premadonna was taken off.

gabby, sorry son, i think you are great but today you were utter dog shit

i thought the defence didnt play bad today, a couple dodgy or crap choices but it is 10 times better when we pass the ball out to feat.

midfield, we lost it here, they played hoof ball to their forwards, it was down to our midfield to win the second ball, we didnt, not once in the entire game.

downing had a great spell but then i counted 7 times he **** up in a row, i dont think more than 1 of the **** ups was under pressure.

ash young, again had bright spells but then tries too hard to be the 1 man team.

barry banana, had a good game the wee man.

we missed the energy of albrighton, we had no one on the left hand side, we were screaming out for someone for **** sake to attack down our left but no one. downing should have switched sides when he started messing up.

pires looked far better than ireland, he didnt do great or bad he just tried, that makes his contributions worth more than ireland who thinks by coming depp to get the ball then losing it in even more dangerous positions than normal, it effort?

i presume he is going to be dropped again? he should after that performance. i am so so disapointed in him, its obvious he can be a great player but he has done **** all and shown nothing to villa to justify playing in the first team. heard did more when he came on.

although only on for 10 minutes, another good little display from fonz. after last weeks pile of shit from him, he put in 10 minutes of clever runs and effort.

that is what is expected of him rather than the sulky bollocks he showed last week.

out hoofed today, hogg and clarke got bullied out of it, it was a game we needed cuellar or collins, shame they are both still out.

Friedel - 5 (starting to become a bit frustrated with mr friedel, not really at fault for the goals today in the same way he wasn't really at fault for the man united goals but we can't be letting in 2 every match without starting to look at the keeper imo.

L Young - 6 (battled and did ok but got caught out of position numerous times today.

Warnock - 6 (looked ok didnt really do much in the game)

Dunne - 5 (really starting to look like the player man city wanted to get rid of)

Clark - 6 (again ok but we lost 2 - 0 today so how much credit can you give him?)

Downing - 7 (motm for me, looked interested and carried the ball well again as he always does but theres no point in having an inform winger if the rest of the midfield don't push up and the fact that we havent had a fit striker for most the season)

A Young - 6 (ok game, some nice touches etc.. and the header off the bar but nobody got forward to make anything of his crosses or passing)

Ireland - 3 (absolute shit once again, doesn't track back, doesn't offer anything attacking wise, complete waste of a spot for someone who does care, even if its another youth player)

Bannan - 6 (another good game from bannan, couldnt really fault him but it just didnt quite click today)

Hogg - 4 (might have the workrate but couldn't have been more anonymous today, worked well when he was told to man mark fletcher against man u but without a clear plan for him today the game just passed him by, im not quite sure what his attributes are really, he isnt a physical presence, he doesnt have pace, doesnt seem to have a shot on him or an eye for a pass, seems like a poor mans gardner at the moment)

Agbonlahor - 6 (ran the lines well as always but there was never anyone in the box for him to pass to)

We were really poor today, you can't just expect to beat blackburn on their own patch, they are good at home and with so many kids playing today things were always looking bleak but they are a shit team, not sure if they are worse than stoke or not but whatever they play its not football in the true form.

We definitely play better football these days but without a clear gameplan like o'neil always had we are going to continue to lose away every time.

We really are the epitome of average these days, somewhat depressing to be honest.

Relegation zone come January. Can't expect anything else from a team of average youth team players. Under investment in the past two years is to blame for this.

We don't have the squad depth that we should, but regardless, any team would struggle with the injuries we've suffered.

If Liverpool had...

Kelly Carragher Agger Lucas Meireles Poulson Spearing, Torres, N'Gog, Jovanovic all out.

What quality are we missing?

Im going to be very carefull what i say here, since im so fcuking seething at that pathetic performance.

I will wait until i calm down, when i wil hopefully see things more rationally, but for now, i will say this.

Houllier had better be given the heavy funding needed in January, because we need better all over the pitch. The strength of our squad has been shown up for what it is, a few promising youngsters, but nothing else.

Wr are paying for a shit summer, and Randy needs to rectify it in January, or i can see a shit load trouble coming.

Three fcuking points above the third relegation position with Arsenal to come, tells me we are in shit street.

I bet the quitter is very happy with the mess hes created :twisted:

I thought we were far better in the second half when we stopped trying to play killer balls across field and allowed Bannan to run the ball through the middle. None of our forwards were prepared to hang onto the ball and look for options, rather than be smart-arses. The few actually successful through-balls we managed Gabby was totally unprepared for.

Ashley Young played the entire first half as if he was miffed that Bannan has been getting more press than him and seemed keen to prove that he was the team's main man every time he got the ball and completely ignored the fact that he had teammates. There was one moment in the first half where he tried to dribble through 3 defenders when Bannan was standing at the top of the box with 15 yards of nothing but grass around him and a clear shot at goal. VERY frustrating.

And can someone please tell me why Downing played the entire match at right midfield/wing?

Delfouneso looked good when he came on and far more of a goal threat than Gabby, and Pires too showed that given a bit more match fitness he could be pretty valuable for us - but very slow!

I agree though with the poster who said we need to give Blackburn credit for their defending. As brutal as it was at times, they let very little past them, and backed on to two pretty lucky goals, they deserved their win - unfortunately.

Shite.

I'm getting cheesed off with this season with increasing intensity.

What were/are you expecting, Chindie?

For the match or the season?

To be fair the the answer is rather similar - not a lot. I'd like to be proven wrong at some point mind.

Increasingly, I don't think I'm going to be.

Yes the injuries are unfortunate (although I don't think it's entirely luck - training ground change has knock on consequences imo, and we're reaping them) but even so I'm still not that enamoured with what I see.

Then again I never whinged much about poor football so perhaps I need to change my priorities.

oh please.

injuries to at least 5 first team regulars is to "blame" for this. It's irritating, but it happens.

Under investment my arse.

Hallelujah

Friedal - 6.5 - At fault for first goal but had a good game overall.

Young - 7.5 - Did his job in defense and tried to add something going forward.

Warnock - 6 - Gave away too many freekicks in the first half which didn't need to happen. Did okay in the second hald but he didn't seem in it after the 2nd goal

Dunne - 7.5 - Gave his all and not much he could about the goals; made a couple of important blocks.

Clark - 7.5 - Again like Dunne didn't do much wrong and tried to get the passing going from the back.

Hogg - 7 - Did a solid job for his 2nd full game; did the basics very well.

Bannan - 8.5 - My MOTM, did what he could to create options for the team; he was tigerish in defense and usually the first back when play broke down.

Young - 8 - Worked hard and never gave up to the end; unlucky at the start of the second half. Sadly, no one really to aim at in the box when he had the ball.

Downing - 7.5 - Same as Young just couldn't find the final pass bit wasteful at times.

Ireland - 6.5 - Not sure where he fits in at the Villa. You could see he was trying to pick the pass but the majority didn't work; his workrate is pretty bad.

Gabby - 6.5 - Back to soon? Maybe it would have been wise to start Fonz and bring him on for last 20 minutes. No much to offer today.

Subs

Pires - Nothing special to mention.

Herd - Same as above.

Fonz - His movement was good in the box; he n early got on the end of a couple of good passes.

Blackburn - Have to give them credit they are solid at the back; not much gets through them. Trying to get the balls out wide and cross them in fell perfectly for them. We should have played more through the center and kept it on the floor. They deserved the win because they got the ball into the right areas with player attacking the ball. Sadly we didn't do that enough.

We had more possesion, more shots on target, more shots in general.....it was hardly a totally shit performance.

They did us from 2 set peices. Apart from that, we controlled the game, had chances, missed them, good saves. If we'd of won that game. If we had played like that, took 2 of our chances, won the game 2-0, I don't think anyone would say that was poor. Result is poor, performance weren't IMO.

Ireland was utterly useless, again. Was he hungover or what? Not once did I see him committed going for the ball, he just let the opposition take it, time and time again. I'd let him rot in the reserves until he changes his attitude. Even though the youngsters had a difficult day today, at least they are fighting and playing their guts out.

Some poor defending again at set pieces, but that's to be expected at the moment. Still we did plenty out there today, should have got a goal minimum for our efforts. A draw would not have been unfair either. We have severe problems against physical teams as it stands. Unbelievable as it sounds I think at the moment we have a better chance of winning against the likes of Arsenal, Manu, Chelsea, then against Blackburn, Bolton, Stoke, etc.

Friedel - 5

At fault for the first goal and didn't really do a lot else.

Luke Young - 0

Atrocious all game. He kept losing his man in open play, wasn't marking properly at any set pieces and couldn't control the ball or pass well enough to help Downing get forward. I don't think I've ever seen him play worse for Villa

Stephen Warnock - 3

He was actually playing really well for about 40 minutes, and then the silly challenges started again

Richard Dunne - 6

Better than I've seen him play in a while, probably because the rest of the defence was so bad...

Ciaran Clark - 4

He's still learning, but he got taught a lesson by Roberts in the second half.

Stewart Downing - 5

Very average. He hasn't played that poorly for us for a while, and just shouldn't be on the right-wing

Ashley Young - 0

All of a sudden he seems to think that if he doesn't want to play where the manager tells him to he can just ignore instruction. In the end he just got in Agbonlahor's way, making Ireland's life difficult and effectively ruined most of our first half chances in particular by spoiling our shape.

Jonathan Hogg - 6

Can't compete in the air, but made very few mistakes compared to our other midfielders and got stuck in. I think he's underrated by our fans.

Barry Bannan - 5

Started very well, and when the team is going forward he looks dangerous. Inexperience started to creep into his game in the second half however, and he started to make bad decisions

Stephen Ireland - 5

Needs to take more responsibility to win back possession, but he actually looks like he could create good opportunities in front of goal for us. Not helped by Ashley being a prima donna or Gabby's shocking performance

Gabby Agbonlahor - 2

Probably wasn't fit, but really shouldn't have bothered if that was all he had to offer.

good to see Dunne was all smiles at the end there..
Good to see people can always find something to criticise him for, wouldn't be surprised if he gets blamed for the goals.

i never unfairly criticise Dunne..dont think you'll even find one post where i have....

sorry but i just hate to see a player laughing after a shit defeat

holy shit performance from at least 2 of the senior players batman

oooh looka scape goat ooo who can we blame

shut the **** up

ireland was wank - end of, no coincidence we held the ball, passed the ball and actually looked like we could score when that lazy morph headed premadonna was taken off.

gabby, sorry son, i think you are great but today you were utter dog shit

i thought the defence didnt play bad today, a couple dodgy or crap choices but it is 10 times better when we pass the ball out to feat.

midfield, we lost it here, they played hoof ball to their forwards, it was down to our midfield to win the second ball, we didnt, not once in the entire game.

downing had a great spell but then i counted 7 times he **** up in a row, i dont think more than 1 of the **** ups was under pressure.

ash young, again had bright spells but then tries too hard to be the 1 man team.

barry banana, had a good game the wee man.

we missed the energy of albrighton, we had no one on the left hand side, we were screaming out for someone for **** sake to attack down our left but no one. downing should have switched sides when he started messing up.

pires looked far better than ireland, he didnt do great or bad he just tried, that makes his contributions worth more than ireland who thinks by coming depp to get the ball then losing it in even more dangerous positions than normal, it effort?

i presume he is going to be dropped again? he should after that performance. i am so so disapointed in him, its obvious he can be a great player but he has done **** all and shown nothing to villa to justify playing in the first team. heard did more when he came on.

although only on for 10 minutes, another good little display from fonz. after last weeks pile of shit from him, he put in 10 minutes of clever runs and effort.

that is what is expected of him rather than the sulky bollocks he showed last week.

out hoofed today, hogg and clarke got bullied out of it, it was a game we needed cuellar or collins, shame they are both still out.

That about sums it up for me.

I would like to add, I think Downing was played on the wrong side...he is far better when he can run at players with the ball away from them on his left foot...He didn't do that bad today, but he wasn't that great either.

Hogg just wouldn't pass to Pires when he came on, he tried to do passes across the pitch that he don't have the passing ability to do....Simple pass to Pires would have done, but it was like he was thinking to himself...who is this guy near me in the Villa top.

Player ratings from a dodgy stream - I'll be interested to see how those that were there felt.

Friedel - 6 Struggled to defend his six yard box against crosses and throws. but then everyone that comes here does.

Warnock - 5 Started really brightly but his daft foul for their first goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of him.

Dunne - 7 Made one great tackle and I thought played an intelligent game.

Clark - 6 Did okay and will hopefully have learned a little more about how physical the Premiership is.

Young - 6 Solid.

Downing - 6 He'd have got a nine if he'd continued like he did for the opening ten minutes, but he disappeared for most of the rest of the first half and was only okay in the second half.

Bannan 6 - Needs to get involved in the right areas.

Hogg 6 - Didn't offer enough when we had the ball but looked quite tidy in the first half.

Young 7 - Battled away all game and was responsible for much of our creativity.

Ireland 5 - Another very uninspired performance from him, with everyone fit I don't think he makes the bench and I don't think he'll be here much longer.

Agbonlahor 6 - Never really got going and I don't recall him having an effort on goal.

subs.

Herd - gave it all he had for ten minutes.

Pires - not sure, he looked okay, but he didn't really produce much.

Delfouneso - had much the same impact as Gabby.

Ultimately, we tried to play good football but couldn't figure out how to add goals to it and we couldn't defend under pressure.

Good experience for the kids but not a lot else we can take from it.

If Liverpool had...

What quality are we missing?

Well today, Collins, Cuellar, Albrighton, Petrov, Reo-Coker, Delph, Heskey (who ripped Blackburn apart in Carling Cup)....ALL would be pushing at least for a starting place, with probably 4 of them definitely playing.

You can't tell me, none of those would of made any sort of difference. Albrighton starting instead of Ireland for starters could of been a big difference because when Young went down the middle, we did a lot better.

Haha that's the funnest post I've seen on these forums as yet.

Past 2 seasons you say? Didn't Collins Dunne Warnock come in last season?

This season we didn't buy anyone because we had....Wait for it....We had NO MANAGER TO BUY THE PLAYERS.

Ignore him, he only comes out his cave when we lose or blow a lead. Just look at his post history.

Starting to wonder if he's a Villa fan if he can't have at least one good thing to say.

Â