• 4 weeks later...

It'll deffo be free mate. Saw a video confirming it from Sony (can't link, its the top video search for Minecraft vita) :)

Yep definitely free on Vita if you have the PS3 version, i've just downloaded it for my daughter  :thumb:

There's a glitch to get this for free for your PS4, PS3 and Vita.

Add the PS3 demo to your basket on the Web store, buy it for free, add the Vita demo for free, buy it, then add the PS3 full version and buy it for free. This unlocks the PS4 version, also for free.

Just done it myself :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Can anyone help me trying to install a "mod" for my 8 year old lad.  He is minecraft mad and I have no idea whatsoever about the game or mods or anything to do with it.

Anyway he had a new laptop for christmas and I have installed minecraft on it for him v1.6.5 and now he is going mental about a fossils and archeology mod.  I do not have the foggiest what to do or where to start.  HELP!!!

Can anyone help me trying to install a "mod" for my 8 year old lad.  He is minecraft mad and I have no idea whatsoever about the game or mods or anything to do with it.

Anyway he had a new laptop for christmas and I have installed minecraft on it for him v1.6.5 and now he is going mental about a fossils and archeology mod.  I do not have the foggiest what to do or where to start.  HELP!!!

This might help. Lots of mods, guides and tutorials on getting everything up and running

I've not heard of those types of mods that you mentioned Richard. The way i got into modded minecraft was by downloading the ATLauncher and the Feed the Beast launcher, they have various types of modded minecraft games on there, he might be able to find the one he's after on one of those.

I put mods on for my lad , wasn't too hard

Download and Install forge via a double click and then put the mods in a folder located in %appdata%\.Minecraft\

( think the folder is called mods )

Some mods don't work on later versions of minecraft so in your minecraft profile tell it to run with an earlier version maybe 1.72 or something

• 2 weeks later...

can get it from here ... get one with an installer and it should do all the work for you ( previously you had to manually move files to the %appdata% folder)

Minecraft is currently on 1.81 but you will find a lot of mods don't run under that version so go for 1.7.10 instead 

other thing you need to do is edit your Minecraft profile  ... create one that runs under Forge  (and minecraft 1.7.) rather than Vanilla Minecraft  and 1.8

if it's worked you should see this on your startup

forge7.png

check forge is running and then  get the mod you want and copy it into the "mods " folder of minecraft

start menu - run  and type in %appdata%

you should then see a .minecraft folder  open that and inside it you will see the mods folder   , copy the mod into that and run minecraft again

start a new world or it may screw up your old ones  .... if minecraft wont load you can just point back to your original 1.8 profile that doesn't load forge  and any mods  ...

just don't get a mod that then requires Flans  as thats a different process altogether !!

Edited by tonyh29

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

David whateverhisnameis has started a new X's Adventure's in Minecraft. It's not nearly as good of course, but having not played the game for a long time it's fun to see some of the new features.

Â