Guys, I host a couple of minecraft servers for my kids / family and they're asking about who is doing a model of VP. My kids at least want to help.

Anyone who wants the server address PM me with your username and I'll add you to the whitelist.

Villa Park uploaded to Minecraft World Map

Anyone who has a look, have fun, and if anyone starts a server with it, let me know (¬:

You'll just need to register on the site to access it.

Do you have any idea of how to set a server up?

If you do, I more than willing to help on a build of VP.

:)

Guys, I host a couple of minecraft servers for my kids / family and they're asking about who is doing a model of VP. My kids at least want to help.

Anyone who wants the server address PM me with your username and I'll add you to the whitelist.

Villa Park uploaded to Minecraft World Map

Anyone who has a look, have fun, and if anyone starts a server with it, let me know (¬:

You'll just need to register on the site to access it.

Do you have any idea of how to set a server up?

If you do, I more than willing to help on a build of VP.

:)

Ive sent you a message mate. :)

The Yogscast's latest episode using the Voltz mod for MInecraft is pretty funny!

I don't even play minecraft that much anymore but still watch these videos. Pretty sad but I don't care!

So this is how I spent most of my weekend - they are pretty funny as a collective.

Yeah they're addictive viewing. Some of their videos are better than others but they're usually pretty funny.

The original minecraft series by then is worth watching (it's probably what "made" them). First episode is

a long series though. Doesn't really get going until episode 15 ish)

It's also a pretty good way to learn how to do the basics in Minecraft.

I also really like their Gary's Mod videos. Worth a watch.

• 1 year later...

Rumours abound via the Wall Street Journal that Microsoft will have sewn up a deal to buy Mojang (Minecraft) by the end of the week. The price for the best selling game of all time (no I'm not counting Wii Sports hardware bundle)? $2b+.

Implications would possibly be Minecraft being an Xbox console exclusive. Unsurprisingly, sales of the game on console had started to outpace those on PC - and that was before the XBONE/PS4 release. It's conceivable that MS may stop support of the PS4 version, but they wouldn't stop support of the PC version...would they?

It's also suggested Notch would ride merrily in to the sunset, presumably with a large swag bag in hand, when the sale is done. Of course Minecraft isn't Notch, so it wouldn't mean the game would suffer for his loss - maybe from MS' influence - but not because the creator of the game has jumped ship.

In short - if you have a PS3, PS4, or Vita, and haven't got Minecraft but have been thinking about it, you may want to make the purchase sooner rather than later, as it might not be available for too much longer. I'm not convinced of that, personally. Minecraft could be milked by Microsoft on any and every console for shit tons of dosh, but may the potential to hurt Sony's machines by pulling Minecraft from them be even more lucrative?

Edited by hogso

I don't think they will take it away from Ps3/PS4. I just don't understand this deal. Buying it while it was up and coming yeah, but why now? They must have something big planned for it seeing as it's a $2 Billion deal.

Movies, TV shows, toys, clothes, books, spin off games etc...

Its already begun heading that way already so ms probably want to capitalise on it.

Didn't notch say a few years ago that he would only sell for $2bn?

Its all so ridiculous.

16,647,859 people have bought the PC/Mac version of the game.   Sauce: https://minecraft.net/stats

Of course that number updates in real time and it's probably out of date already.    Notch is (conservatively) worth £200m, it's probably not a bad idea to sell now, he can basically do what he wants in life so why not cash out? 

Â