Match Thread: DO NOT ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

We need to get at least a point here. We must not keep losing to the likes of Sunderland if we truly want to be a top 4 side.

I know we aren't top 4 quality yet, but I think we can be with the correct signings.

I would love to have Gervinho out there now! And Hoarau!

I too would like to see Albrighton on. I'm not sure who for though.

The least effective of Downing/ Young/ Ireland so far has been Young!

Downing's had some decent chances but he faded as the game went on. Ireland has also had a few decent touches but mainly he's been poor. Young though, he's done nothing.

Maybe he should sign a contract so that he can concentrate on playing football.

Up until about 2 mins before their goal, we looked ok. Keeping possession very well (I saw a stat of 70% Villa possession) and Heskey was giving Bramble a torrid time.

The loss of Petrov is going to hurt us, NRC is the "extra" man in midfield but it isn't helping us. If NRC can improve his passing in the 2nd half, we have a chance of getting back into this. Ireland for Albrighton would, IMO, be a bad move at this stage as it would stifle our creative potential. Improve it by removing NRC for Albrighton if things don't improve before 60 mins.

Anyone remember how shit Bardsley was for us?

Yeah, why can't he be that shit today!

We need Albie on, and Bannan's creativity would be good. Here's an interesting stat. Chelsea at home is (IIRC) the only game for us Ireland's played that we haven't lost.

Wish I wasn't watching it to be honest. It's been bloody dire thus far.

They would make it 10 x worse if you were listening on the radio.

Beye has been the best Villa player for me....Ashley Young either needs to change wings or go in the middle, he hasn't done a single thing that I can remember.

Ireland just looks lost, I'm not sure if that's because the players around him are taller and he don't have any hight to win the balls....He just isn't getting anything.

Heskey is playing well again, winning everything he can...Sadly the team around him isn't playing as well and it comes to nothing.

Warnock isn't playing well, I don't know if that's because he has taken some knocks or he just doesn't feel right with Dunne behind him.

No one has said this yet but i'll say it...

Houllier Out :lol:

I wouldn't go that far. But prior to his appointment Ashley young has been our one bright spot - but his form seems to have nose dived under GH.

We seem to be trying to play slow possession football - I can't see it working..

3-0 today I reckon

I hope Houllier was watching because that Pigeon looked to be better positionally than Warnock at left back, perhaps a deal for January?

Not being a big fan of Warnock's, I found this to be the funniest thing I have seen today :lol: