General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

Hi General

Will yourself and Randy be at the game on Sunday? If so I hope to see you in the Holte SUite either before or after our victory!

Well done to the Browns. I hope it is the turning point for them and I am sure will do wonders for the belief of the team

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to comment on how good value it is to see Villa.I like the promotion packages the club offer,for families and the block bookings of 3 matches in a row etc.The choice is also very good with differant seating areas to suit differant pockets..The ground and facilities are excellent..

You can go to some grounds and the view is almost non existant,yet Villa Park is outstanding..Everything works,the seating clean and well laid out,the toilet facilities are clean and plentyfull..

My only complaint(if I really have to find one) is the difficulty in getting food during half time,most times I go without because you cant get served during the 15min break...I would like to see pie women walk the stands selling pies.Im sure you could get a few American cheerleaders on the pitch at half time too,for a bit of entertainment and to keep the home support loud?

General

Just one quick note on a possible way to improve attendances

TARGET THE UNI's

As a student of BCU despite a bit of Villa advertising at freshers fair theres not been too much from Villa and nothing from Blues, so already one step ahead there.

But my idea, why not try door to door selling of tickets in Student accommodation, could improve ticket sales for some matches, especially cheap nights like tonight.

Kind Regards

Chris

Jut to add to that, I went to University in Sheffield and United would often do 'student prices' for the odd midweek game around £5-10. You could buy them at the Student Union box office as well as usual ticket outlets and would attract a few thousand (given there are two large uni's in the city). As well as the extra revenue there's the potential for newly gained fans also!

All the same, some sort of partnerships with the University's of the city would be a great idea. I took a neutral tonight, he enjoyed it and wants to go again, now has torn loyalty's between The Villa and Ipswich. Also he said when his Dad comes visits he will take him down the Villa!

General, another one in reply to the student prices..

My friend is a Villa fan going to university in Manchester and Man City representatives frequently attend the site with stalls and leaflets in regards to their home games. For their recent Europa game, think it was against Juventus, they were offering first time student fans tickets for £5 or 10 when normal adult prices were £30+ - so of course my friend bought a ticket and went to the game... a ticket price that low for that kind of game is too good for almost any football fan to turn down... just a thought.

General Krulak here:

1. texas_mike: Randy has never been too interested in bringing the Browns to the UK to play...for many reasons. Can you imagine the price tag associated with moving hundreds of players, coaches and staff...plus all the equipment across the ocean for a game? It isn't like moving AVFC overseas....it is a huge logistical effort.

2. magroll: Yes, I do look at the site and I have posted on occasion.

3. ChrisNichollsToe: The last time I mentioned a specific price we would be willing to pay, it made every UK paper...so forgive me for not answering you directly. Suffice it to say that Randy has always supported his manager and his history of being willing to open his wallet is there for all to see. I know that GH liked the Training Day and I feel sure we will do it again.

4. avillafan.com: I tell you what. You win. Our modus operandi is to "gouge" the Fans out of every penny they have. We are nothing but mercenary Yanks who don't care about the fans and don't care about the Club. Randy and the Board are only in this for the money and glory. Anything "right" that we have done has been done only to soak the Fans for more money. Forget about our low ticket prices...they are only "teaser rates" like a credit card. There, does that make you feel better...since this is apparently how you feel. I have tried to articulate "who we are" and "why we do what we do"...but you apparently don't believe me. So, let me just say that you win. :bang::bang:

General Krulak here:

4. avillafan.com: I tell you what. You win. Our modus operandi is to "gouge" the Fans out of every penny they have. We are nothing but mercenary Yanks who don't care about the fans and don't care about the Club. Randy and the Board are only in this for the money and glory. Anything "right" that we have done has been done only to soak the Fans for more money. Forget about our low ticket prices...they are only "teaser rates" like a credit card. There, does that make you feel better...since this is apparently how you feel. I have tried to articulate "who we are" and "why we do what we do"...but you apparently don't believe me. So, let me just say that you win. :bang::bang:

Gen, you crack me up, you really do

3. ChrisNichollsToe: The last time I mentioned a specific price we would be willing to pay, it made every UK paper...so forgive me for not answering you directly. Suffice it to say that Randy has always supported his manager and his history of being willing to open his wallet is there for all to see. I know that GH liked the Training Day and I feel sure we will do it again.

Cheers General.

Youve told me everything i needed to know, and i hope your words reassure others that Houllier does have the financial backing he needs/wants.

8)

General Krulak here:

1. texas_mike: Randy has never been too interested in bringing the Browns to the UK to play...for many reasons. Can you imagine the price tag associated with moving hundreds of players, coaches and staff...plus all the equipment across the ocean for a game? It isn't like moving AVFC overseas....it is a huge logistical effort.

2. magroll: Yes, I do look at the site and I have posted on occasion.

Wonder if answer number 4 will be in the sun tomorrow with a little bit of editing :lol:

General

I would just like to congratulate Villa for the pricing for the league cup match last night. With sensible pricing it meant we got a higher attenandance than in the Newcastle vs Arsenal game.

Hopefully we will be in a position to do something similar in the next round if we're at home?

General Krulak here:

General i do apologise, I thought you came on the forums for us as fans to express our concerns about certain issues, not only to come on here and currently praise Randy and yourself.

And again, in what I said, not once did I say anything about the board - I simply replied by what you said. Don't compare Villa to other clubs if you dont like it when they reply back about others.

General krulak here:

1. Universities: Just to make sure everyone is aware of our efforts re. students....we consistently visit Uni's and offer tickets at value rates. We were at BCU, Birmingham University and Aston University before the Burnley game...and ALL games that don't appear to be sell outs. We are constantly striving to introduce new fans to the Villa. We attended multiple "Fresher Fairs" last month making special offers to the student. We have a young lady (Katrina Adamson) who works the student issues for us. If any student wants an update on University visits by AVFC, they can contact us at: students@avfc.co.uk. Believe me, we work this one very hard.

2. avillafan.com. You thought I came on the forums "for us fans to express our concerns about certain issues, not only to come on here and currently PRAISE RANDY AND YOURSELF." My goodness, of course the only reason I come on the sites is to reap praise for Randy and myself!!! Why else would I come on the site?? I am terribly needy when it comes to stroking my ego...which is why I risk getting my lips ripped off by my wife to join you on this thread. Who wants to hear suggestions and/or complaints? They are so boring....give me a kind word every day and I will be happy. :cheers::cheers: Seriously, of course I want to hear the good, bad, and ugly!! What good would it do the Fans or the Club if I wanted anything else. All I have ever asked for is respect for EVERYONE who posts on the site. By the way, the above was written with tongue in cheek...meant to be an olive branch. :flag::flag: