Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, after reading that article about Bolton I did wonder when I saw this advert the other day :-

0,,10265~9033336,00.jpg

With the text :-

Welcome the manager web offer - £10 tickets limited to 1,000 seats

But I assumed it was becuase it was the first home game in charge...not the first game.

Some people get worked up over nothing....So what if he has said that...it doesn't mean that's what we're aiming for.

yeh but its a untrue statement when we've finished 6th for the last 3 seasons and above his old club liverpool last season i may add.

Come on lads, look on the bright side, K-Mac's Young Lions get another chance to shine and convince the Board and new manager that K-Mac has an extremely valuable role to play in the Villa organisation.

Secondly, it serves us absolutely no purpose whatsoever to jump all over these newspaper quotes even before the bloke has appeared before the media circus of his first official press meeting as Aston Villa's new manager.

While I am hoping we do better than 7th -12th place this season, it won't break my heart. It is an important rebuilding season in my view, and don't forget what Houllier did in his second full season in charge at LFC.

Some people get worked up over nothing....So what if he has said that...it doesn't mean that's what we're aiming for.

Are you for real?

2 days after taking over as manager of a club(That finished higher than his old club in English football last year) he basically says his new club aren't on the same level as his old one and this is nothing?

"It's a club that according to me has belonged between seventh and 12th place in the Premier League.

Taking this statement here.

Now we all know football did not begin when the PL started despite what Sky might have you believe but since it is relevant to this I will mention it. Isn't our record for top 6 finishes in the premier league exactly 50% of the time or something? With the last three seasons being 6th and last season in front of Liverpool. I just think the statement is poor and while this is not what he is aiming for (I hope), it is bound to upset a few fans including myself.

Come on lads, look on the bright side, K-Mac's Young Lions get another chance to shine and convince the Board and new manager that K-Mac has an extremely valuable role to play in the Villa organisation.

Secondly, it serves us absolutely no purpose whatsoever to jump all over these newspaper quotes even before the bloke has appeared before the media circus of his first official press meeting as Aston Villa's new manager.

While I am hoping we do better than 7th -12th place this season, it won't break my heart. It is an important rebuilding season in my view, and don't forget what Houllier did in his second full season in charge at LFC.

I just hope he's learnt from his mistakes and doesnt go gung ho 4-4-2 again with no steel in the middle of the park if theres any game in the prem this season we need it then its stoke away....

Liverpool are in massive debt as well and for a club their size not being able to get the funding for a new stadium is pathetic their financial model isnt sustainable and i look forward to seeing them go belly up providing no rich bastard takes over and makes it his toy

How far behind Liverpool have we been over the last 3-4 seasons?

How much silverware have Liverpool won recently?

I think these are outragous comments from the Houllier, It's like the minute he left English football he hasn't watched a game since.

Oh dear these comments are naive in the sense that its bound to annoy or upset some fans and are also ill founded. He really should be on the charm offensive and these sort of comments are only going to highlight the doubters concerns and sway the ones on the middle.

Very silly thing to say.

I never appreciate the brown nosing that any new appointment at a football club does, whoever, I also don't appreciate our new manager playing down the club with a downright lie.

Idiot.

agreed totally chinders.

Great start Ged. :shock:

Let's remember that this statement first appeared in the French press, the Evening Mail have just lifted it from there and then Sky have copied it.

It wouldnt be the first time the Evening Mail has just copied an incorrect source.

I would be amazed if he has made that statement after take the Villa job when we have finished 6th for the past 3 seasons. It doesn't make sense.

Â