Stephen Ireland

Richard

I bet any money at HT in the Arsenal dressing room the only Villa player they spent any time talking about was Albrighton. His final balls were awful, but he was making the runs, and getting into the danger areas, they had to stop that, nobody else was any threat at all.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Spot on.

His attitude and performance entirely out-shone everyone else's today. Only player to come over right into the corner too and gave his shirt away. Don't believe this bollocks that he doesn't care, because it's utter bullshit.

^Spot on.

His attitude and performance entirely out-shone everyone else's today. Only player to come over right into the corner too and gave his shirt away. Don't believe this bollocks that he doesn't care, because it's utter bullshit.

I am starting to really like Ireland. Him and Albrighton are the only starters who look like they give a ****. Ireland is class and is being wasted under McLeish.

Ireland is there to be a creative spark but doesn't really do that enough, and didn't again today. He was probably one of the better players out there and the tackle at the end was terrific, but not MOTM.

Albrighton was our biggest threat and thus my MOTM, though his final ball let him down badly, he was the problem to their defence.

Pretty sure one of the times Albrighton got away on the right in the 1st half yesterday, it was from a superb throughball from Ireland.

Ireland is a superb footballer. Like Bent it was a great regret we never signed him during the MON years. Imagine him and Milner as our midfield combination or those two with Stan holding.

I like Ireland, I really do. Just can't help thinking, he has started to play, just so he can attract a buyer from another club.

he will leave in the summer.

Don't think Ireland's being wasted in all honesty, just no one in the team is on the same wavelength bar Bent, and he's injured.

I think N'zogbia can be.

Or put it another way, the 5-6 games N'zogbia has played well in this season, Ireland has been playing at the same time.

I like Ireland, I really do. Just can't help thinking, he has started to play, just so he can attract a buyer from another club.
That's a cynical way of looking at it but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's wrong. Still, I think it's possible that he was just miserable with his footballing situation so he's put his head down and tried hard in order to have something to be proud of. He wants to be appreciated, be it by the manager, the fans or potential buyers, but at least he's realising it's down to him.

He'll stay at this club as long as the fans support him and right now he's constantly being cheered, he doesn't even get the boo's he used to receive after missing a shot.. I recall a few months ago he was getting cheers until he made a mistake, now he gets support all game as he's our best player right now and long may that continue. Stick some intelligent players around him and we'll be more dangerous..

he will leave in the summer.

Off to the MLS if the rumours are to be believed

Was Michael Ballacks agent saying it was likely ... Google Steven Ireland MLS and they story is there

No ideas how much truth is in it , but that was the story being reported

there's nothing to this story. ballacks agent said that the mls were talking to ireland back in october, and had made him a good offer. that's before he was really back in our team. im sure he liked the sound of it then when he was sitting around scratching his bollox, but he's playing now and he's always made it clear that he wants to make it work at villa

he won't be leaving us for the states in the summer

I really hope he doesn't. Should be looking to build the team around him and Bent.

I think he's also started to warm to the fans and he's warmed to us especially after a pretty turbulent first season. Great player.