Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting that, I wasn't able to see the game and MOTD didn't really show any of that stuff. Particularly impressed with his tackling right upto the 90th min, keep it up lad!

I too thought he was very impressive, he got stuck in with the tackles and played some really nice passes and made very intelligent runs. The pass to Bent wasn't the greatest in the world but it went in. He supplied the creativity we have so very sorely needed, well done Steve.

If getting high makes you play like that then I wholly condone it. In fact I've just come back from a dealer and I plan on performing an experiment with my cousin's Under 11's team next Sunday... 8)

If, a big IF, he keeps his head down this will be a fresh signing for us. We all knew he has it all in his locker, hope he keeps it up. His simple passing and vision was easy to see at the Bridge. He is a flair midfield player who likes to get forward, something we are crying out for!

Here's hoping he does it again today.

He played great yesterday (although still don't get why he passed to bent...?) Really hope he can keep this up. Would be like a new signing..again. Last chance though!

The angle at which he passed it was weird but I guess it worked so yay!

aye, i believe my thoughts at the time were:

Go on son, you're through!.........SHOOT!....ahh WTF...YEAHHH...What a great assist...

one of these days watching the villa is gonna give me a heart attack!

Felt sorry for him today, was brightest player in first half, gave bent plenty of probing balls, was in a great position at one stage and a bent back heel would of put him through, made an excellent run to near post for a low cross tap in from inzogbia but he crossed it high and decent crack of volley on edge. Midfielders were hiding and gave him no possession to work with in second half which limited his chance.

Still had a great late run into box for huttons square ball which won a corner and just before came off some nice play with gabby however he couldnt tee him up to slot home from edge of box.

Lots of running and effort for him and gave bent a couple of bollockings for his horrible touch, poor positioning and lack of effert.

He can hold his head high again. One of the only ones