Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be really, genuinely sorry to see him go. I reckon all he needs is a goal and he'll be a different player. Houllier's main criticism is that there's a difference in what he sees from training to matchday and that seems like it can only really be a question of confidence.

Having said that, I'm not sure how likely he is to get that back quickly, especially in a team battling relegation so it may be the best thing for him.

But can't help feeling he'll thrive at another club and we'll regret letting him go.

Agreed GB... Think he would come back to haunt us... but that usually goes for ever ex-player!

Well, we're not playing him so we might as well sell him. I think he's a fantastic player, but it just isn't happening.

If hes been injured for 3 weeks then...which incidently puts a lot of food for thought on some comments in this thread.

Unles of course people think its not a real injury.

There's something wrong about this 'knee injury'. On jan 1 houllier said at a press conference that there was a way back for Ireland. He said that he had seen something different in training. On jan 8 he said that He could return to the squad soon. He said that he had great ability and sometimes it takes longer to settle. No mention of an injury in either. Now he has had a knee injury for the past 3 weeks!

Still amazed how people can clamour for him, the guy has shown zero application, and I've seen very little in terms of quality. If we got anything for him it'd be a deal.

The mooted Bent/Ireland swap is outrageous, Steve Bruce would need sectioning if he agreed.

Yeah, perhaps this was what Houllier was waiting..(Bent) before allowing Ireland back in his plans. Saying that, we're in such a position, we can't have passengers. Hopefully, on the bench...see how he does as an impact sub and perhaps in 7/8 games time, if we've picked up say 13-14 then we can start talking about using him and seeing how he does and if he deserves to stay around.