Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Andi and Tekkers go hand in hand. If Tekkers improves, so will Andi. Of course, Andi won't, and shouldn't, have the long leash that Benteke has. So he will be dropped now presumably.

Kozak - Gabby up front for me next game. Tonev is no answer to anything.

Edited by AVTuco

Andi and Tekkers go hand in hand. If Tekkers improves, so will Andi. Of course, Andi won't, and shouldn't, have the long leash that Benteke has. So he will be dropped now presumably.

Kozak and Gabby have really been the only strikers that seem capable of scoring so I second this. I say go a regular 4-4-2 with Delph out. 

I think Andi is an impact player. I hope I'm proved wrong but i think thats what his future entails

Kozak and Gabby have really been the only strikers that seem capable of scoring so I second this. I say go a regular 4-4-2 with Delph out.

Delph out, what u mean by that?

I think Andi is an impact player. I hope I'm proved wrong but i think thats what his future entails

Delph is suspended for the United game next week.

Andi and Tekkers go hand in hand. If Tekkers improves, so will Andi. Of course, Andi won't, and shouldn't, have the long leash that Benteke has. So he will be dropped now presumably. Kozak - Gabby up front for me next game. Tonev is no answer to anything.
Delph is suspended for the United game next week.
Get ya, thought u meant in general. Dont think we can go 442 against utd. Id play 451 Edited by HeyAnty

It's probably just my impression, but to me it looked like none of our players were actually looking for him, almost as if they didn't rate him, as if they felt it would be useless to pass it to him. That would probably explain why he had something like 5 touches throughout the whole game. His movement of the ball was also terrible.

Also, The fact that Bacuna almost never went forward didn't help.

Disappointing against Fulham. He used to drop deeper to help Bacuna/Lowton and link up - he didn't even do that yesterday.

He hasn't been in great form all season and his injury layoff hasn't helped. I think he needs a rest - even Tonev provides more.

He was obviously playing in a slightly different position yesterday, a central attacking midfielder rather than as a wide forward which is where he usually plays.

They sat back and narrowed the space and Andi had no answer to that. His movement is usually excellent but that is running into gaps, clearly his game intelligence is not at the same level. He wasn't able to find the pockets of room in the central areas in the way a Silva type player does.

He was obviously playing in a slightly different position yesterday, a central attacking midfielder rather than as a wide forward which is where he usually plays.

They sat back and narrowed the space and Andi had no answer to that. His movement is usually excellent but that is running into gaps, clearly his game intelligence is not at the same level. He wasn't able to find the pockets of room in the central areas in the way a Silva type player does.

Without any sarcasm intended, thank you for clarifying where he was playing; I'm generally a fan of Weimann (Wisemann if you're Niall Quinn) but all I saw him do on Sunday was wander around aimlessly and struggle to get involved. Whether this is down to him playing in an unfamiliar position or not, I do not know, but he was completely ineffective. He either needs to be playing wider on the right, as he was towards the end of last season, where as you say he can utilise the space, or not at all.

The worrying thing for me, was his lack of running, moving. Not even chasing back at times. Then on top of that his passing, constantly falling over. Then the chance that fell for him and Westwood, was like watching the chuckle brothers me to you. Really disappointed me this season.

The only thing I noticed him do on Sunday was fall over. Mind you a few of our lads fell over during the course of the game for some unknown reason

Weimann is a good player, very good on his day. But at the moment he's playing **** terrible.

Take him out the firing line and let him get some head time

The only thing I noticed him do on Sunday was fall over. Mind you a few of our lads fell over during the course of the game for some unknown reason

Weimann is a good player, very good on his day. But at the moment he's playing **** terrible.

Noticed that too, him and Westwood looked like they had rollerskates on.

Noticed that too, him and Westwood looked like they had rollerskates on.

It's because Meulensteen had the pitch watered to disrupt Villas flowing, passing football. Obviously.

• Like 1

Â