Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Dust starting to settle... He could be going for free this summer, signed a contract with what is a stupidly low release clause but I'm sure that was negotiated back and forth for hours and if it wasn't that figure I'm sure he wouldn't have signed and gone for £0 so no real blame on fox or Delph there, then he signs and him and our marketing team decide to do all the press releases about loyalty and it being his club, I assumed at the time that part of the contract negotiation was that he'd get the armband

His intention in January must have been to get the club some money this summer, which I haven't got a problem with, that's actually fairly decent of him, but then why ask for the armband? Why let our marketing team run wild with the press releases? Why do the video?

Our marketing team needs shooting, they're an embarrassment, not just this gaffe, not just that they released all the pics of him at the kit launch about 10 minutes after this broke on social media, it's the "big club" stuff on the kit launch which looked ridiculous at the time and now somehow looks even worse, the lambos lions, say it like sherwood, they are just like many elements of our club a **** shambles, and I don't mean the football side of it (which is but has vastly improved this year) I mean the website, AVTV, for a long time the ticket office

Now we have the marketing department making us look like a bunch of amateurs

Exactly this, what a laughing stock we have become. Clubs like West Brom are more attractive to a potential buyer..... How embarrassing!
How are west brom more attractive? Who they have signed over us?

Edit just noticed you said buyer... But rumours are we turned down the one in talks with them

Fair enough... But both them and Stoke have done better than us over the past few years.... Stoke ffs

yes but 8million is also peanuts these days in the Premier League, surely if he cared about the club he could have asked for even 12 million release clause

Why would he....... He always had one eye on getting away, despite what he said to folk.

Footballers only say what fans want to hear.

I used to be close to a well known player of ours we used to go out in a group on a wed night every week.....he used to say things to us and then say the very opposite to the press and sometimes the things said to us was not accurate.....it was not consistent where the truth lay.

I think the moral of the story is.....ignore it all until it happens, what ever it is.

When you you find yourself in the sort of mess we have been in.....these are the sort of things that will happen.

We need a consistent run of finding good players.....that is the only thing that will turn this around.

Baring a sugar daddy.

So in c 4 years we have taken an unknown prospect, developed him, becomes an international player and we make 2 mill profit

You can see why we are where we are

We can only get better.

• Like 4

I wonder if there is yet another twist in this saga? I can't believe that someone would risk his place in the England setup for the extra cash? If they offered me double money then of course I would take it... Would make a difference to me... When you are already a multi-millionaire, then extra money wouldn't be as big of a motivating factor... Success would be sure, but only if you played a big part in it.... Do you think that Chelsea's office cleaner celebrated winning the league like the players did??

Love the amount of people on here saying delph is shit, average and we won't miss him. Every villa fan in the world would rather keep him than lose him, he's a huge loss, but let's not be bitter about it now. He's a good player, and I hope he gets games at Man city to prove all those doubters (that weren't villa fans) what he is actually capable of doing. He did us a favour in Jan, signed a contract, helped keep us up, and we get 8mill for him. Yeah it's not the best figure but he wouldn't of imagined Man city being interested and coming in for him. As much as us fans want loyalty its delphs job at the end of the day, and if you had been offered twice as much wages, to go work at a better company, with better prospects and a real chance to make a name of yourself, you wouldn't turn it down. And if you did it would be because you lack ambition! Put yourself in delphs boots!

Edited by AdamDouggie
  • Like 1

Love the amount of people on here saying delph is shit, average and we won't miss him. Every villa fan in the world would rather keep him than lose him, he's a huge loss, but let's not be bitter about it now. He's a good player, and I hope he gets games at Man city to prove all those doubters (that weren't villa fans) what he is actually capable of doing. He did us a favour in Jan, signed a contract, helped keep us up, and we get 8mill for him. Yeah it's not the best figure but he wouldn't of imagined Man city being interested and coming in for him. As much as us fans want loyalty its delphs job at the end of the day, and if you had been offered twice as much wages, to go work at a better company, with better prospects and a real chance to make a name of yourself, you wouldn't turn it down. And if you did it would be because you lack ambition! Put yourself in delphs boots!

You can't say people aren't Villa fans for wanting Delph to fail if he joins them. Once he's gone he's dead to me.

Are we sure that it's 8m? Some people were saying that there might not be a clause so City could've just bid and we accepted it?

Posted a couple pages back that there is a lad on here who knows Delph, I think that was it anyway. He said there was no clause relating to the fee, only relegation.

All of the media reports are saying it's £8m though.

But you, like many others, are confusing the real world - where the average annual salary is £26k to the premiership footballers world where £26k could be your weekly salary. The comparison doesn't stick.

Edited by Ingram85

You can't say people aren't Villa fans for wanting Delph to fail if he joins them. Once he's gone he's dead to me.

I didn't say that lol. What I meant is a lot of football fans who weren't villa fans have criticised delph over the years, ridiculed us villa fans and said that he is average at best. I would like him to prove them all wrong!

Â