Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He's scored against Tranmere and Brighton I think....

What division were Brighton and Tranmere in when he scored against them? Point is, Premier League is a whole different league. He's not an attacking player and nobody should put pressure on him to score goals, because he won't score any.

He's not an attacking player and nobody should put pressure on him to score goals, because he won't score any.

Did he not score more than a couple for Leeds, pretty much all outside the box too?

He's not an attacking player and nobody should put pressure on him to score goals, because he won't score any.

Did he not score more than a couple for Leeds, pretty much all outside the box too?

What league were Leeds in? Same point as before.

Lot more time and space in lower divisions. Makelele would have been Pele in division two.

What league were Leeds in? Same point as before.

Lot more time and space in lower divisions. Makelele would have been Pele in division two.

Maybe Bannan needs to drop to League 1 to be able to show how good he can be?

• Like 3

There was a passage of play in  the last friendly in Germany where delph won the ball back and then played a first time pass to Wiemann which n my opinion was pure class. Hope he keeps up his performances from the second half of last season and adds to it.

I think Delph could be a tricky Makelele, defensive but with a bit more skill carrying the ball. No reason to believe he will score goals in the PL.

He scored Europe League and Premier League.  He just needs to raise his game to the level he is capable of achieving. 

I think Delph could be a tricky Makelele, defensive but with a bit more skill carrying the ball. No reason to believe he will score goals in the PL.

He scored Europe League and Premier League.  He just needs to raise his game to the level he is capable of achieving. 

Wasn't his 1 PL goal a penalty?

He's scored against Tranmere and Brighton I think....

What division were Brighton and Tranmere in when he scored against them? Point is, Premier League is a whole different league. He's not an attacking player and nobody should put pressure on him to score goals, because he won't score any.

How many assists did world class crosser Bannan get last year?

Good thing he scored it then. One Premier League goal. One goal in European football. That's not bad. Anyway, wrong thread.

I think Delph will be played in certain games this year, but he won't ever be played for the attacking side of our game. He's an interception, high energy tackling, carry the ball forward and pass (hopefully not too often backwards this season) type of player.

I may be completely wrong but I remember bannans Europa goal was a bit of a scramble which he sort of just stuck his toe out and poked over the line.

Right place at right time. Great positioning, like he showed against Reading... all five Reading defenders stopped and Bannan kept moving, and created the goal, off the post to Agbonlahor. He's that kind of player. Delph is dynamic in his own way too.

i73PSpJjRnOGB.gif

Â